Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
olbarn

just a thought

i was browsing around page 320, or something like that, of this entire forum. it's all stuff from about two to three years ago. it's the ancient text of this site!

and so i wondered-- what happened to all those people who contributed to those threads, b/c a lot of the names show last activity dated 2002, 2003 etc.?

you have to wonder if they gave up and learned to be happy or they really fixed their problem?

i guess either one of those would be good! i hope one day i too never feel the need to come to this site ever again. ha!

it's also interesting to see what they all talked about. you can see that things have progressed.

anyway just a thought, sorry to waste your time. happy browsing!

I would imagine they settled somewhere in between, where they feel comfortable 'enough' with their problems.. That is all that is really needed. Where you feel comfortable. If it no longer bothers you, you'll never care or know if it bothers other people.

actually it's because this site has gotten kind of annoying... people post the same things everyday. There are like 5 new posts everday on a topic that has been beaten to death. I understand they just want their questions answered, but sometimes it's annoying.

actually it's because this site has gotten kind of annoying... people post the same things everyday. There are like 5 new posts everday on a topic that has been beaten to death. I understand they just want their questions answered, but sometimes it's annoying.

Agreed. Plus the posters that were knowledgeable about scar revision don't post anymore because I'm sure they're fed up with all of the redundant questions. You've got a bunch of people on here asking ridiculous questions like will super glue help improve their scars.

Agreed. Plus the posters that were knowledgeable about scar revision don't post anymore because I'm sure they're fed up with all of the redundant questions. You've got a bunch of people on here asking ridiculous questions like will super glue help improve their scars.

ahhh, come on you can't bag on people for being annoying on this site. any forum will be that way. people are trying to figure out what's out there, and how everything works, and if there's anything else they can do for a serious issue in their lives-- just like you were/are.

i guess when this site gets annoying you know you've learned just about everything that's out right now-- and that's a good thing? it means you have the knowledge. and hey, it's totally okay for someone to toy around with crazy ideas too. maybe the absurd idea someone comes up with today can work tomorrow> maybe a superglue made especially for the skin that bonds and promotes collagen growth? you never know.

bottom line-- the redundancy of this site isn't necessarily bad. if something is only mentioned once it may not get read, but if it's mentioned twenty times it certainly will. that's good for the spreading of knowledge, which is the point of this site. right?

i'm sure most of the past people left for other reasons than this site being annoying. my guess is that you just move on to more important things. you get a new job, have kids, etc. and you realize your skin doesn't matter in the scheme of things. i know the day i have kids is the day i will not worry about myself as much. i don't think i'll care how i look, i'll just want my family to be safe and sound (but the dichotomy is looking good enough now to initially attract the right girl to have that happy family that brings me to the point where i don't care... jeez!)

i also like to think people moved on b/c they improved their problem.

good point. and i'm sure a majority of people have moved on however when you have FIVE people posting 5 times if smoothbeam will improve their skin, you just can't but want to yell USE THE SEARCH TOOL!