Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mameha

Minocycline and general q about cysts

I was on minocycline about a year ago for a cyst on the side of my nose and every day since the day I started the drug I got visible results. The cyst kept shrinking more and more until it disappeared in about a week.

Now I'm on it again (on day four so far) and see absolutely no improvement in the cyst I now have. The mild acne on the rest of my face has cleared up but the swelling in the cyst hasn't gone down at all. It was pretty disheartening considering how well it had worked the previous year.

Now I know you're supposed to wait two months, should I just wait it out and see how things go? Even though I got immediate results the last time?

And just a general question about cysts...

What's been the best action to take towards them? Any at home remedies that work to take down the swelling?

I was on minocycline about a year ago for a cyst on the side of my nose and every day since the day I started the drug I got visible results. The cyst kept shrinking more and more until it disappeared in about a week.

Now I'm on it again (on day four so far) and see absolutely no improvement in the cyst I now have. The mild acne on the rest of my face has cleared up but the swelling in the cyst hasn't gone down at all. It was pretty disheartening considering how well it had worked the previous year.

Now I know you're supposed to wait two months, should I just wait it out and see how things go? Even though I got immediate results the last time?

What's been the best action to take towards them? Any at home remedies that work to take down the swelling?

i doubt that the improvement you noticed in the cyst when you first took mino would've actually been from this drug because it takes alot longer than a few days to notice any visible improvement

as for at home remedies for cysts, just try applying ice alot and not picking at it

i doubt that the improvement you noticed in the cyst when you first took mino would've actually been from this drug because it takes alot longer than a few days to notice any visible improvement

as for at home remedies for cysts, just try applying ice alot and not picking at it

Thanks! I'll be patient then.

I am getting ready to go on another round of minocycline for cysts that i keep getting on my chin... :(

I agree with the other person about the previous cyst you had probably shrinking for reasons other than the mino, since it tends not to work that fast...However, in general, i've had success stopping the cystic cycle from minoclycline in the past...

As far as home remedies for cysts....I wish i knew!!! i've tried everything, including cyst injections from the dermatologist ( too pricey, and the skin where the injection was sunk in when i got my last one!!!) Again, the best success i've had is stopping the cycle with minocycline, then doing microdermabrasion and tazorac ( that combo cleared me almost completely for 6-8 months)

Good luck!!