Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dita

I had my first subcision today

My doctor performed 2 subcisions on 2 of my scars, one of them was a rolling scar and the other was a box scar, both were relatively shallow and with the bruising they are almost completely gone. I didn't want to get all my scars done in my first session, I wanted to see the after effects just to know what to expect.

The subcized area is bruised slightly, it's a very small bruise. There is definitely some mild swelling, not sure when it should go away. The doctor said the bruising will stay for 2 to 3 weeks (woah! 40% TCA peels don't last that long), when should see the "final" result of a subcision?

Also any tips on after-care? My doctor said I can't cover it with make up for at least 2 days.

I hope to god this works.

2-3 weeks is nothing compared to the possible improvement to your scars. Congratulations. Please keep us posted on the results. Any pictures?

Congrats! From what i've read, you'll be swollen for around 4-6 weeks. Then you should be able to see your final improvement.

Congrats! From what i've read, you'll be swollen for around 4-6 weeks. Then you should be able to see your final improvement.

Stupid question -- when one says brusing are you talking about redness or blue/yellow like a bruise elsewhere on the body?

Hi Dita -

Congratulations on your treatment. Keep us up on the results.

I have had two large areas subscised in the past 6 months and I found that an increase in my vitamin C uptake to 6 or so grams a day plus zinc helped the healing process. Also arnica cream made by Borion that I bought at the Whole Foods store reduced the bruising and swelling quite a bit. Otherwise it was a matter of time and the healing process.

Stupid question -- when one says brusing are you talking about redness or blue/yellow like a bruise elsewhere on the body?

I was just talking about his face being swollen but, I forgot that he only had two scars done. I thought that the actual bruises were supposed to go away in around a week?

I had subcision twice. It's not perfect, but I still love it. To answer your question, you should apply a topical antibiotic (this should have been done right after the subcision), and apply a topical steroid cream. Both are available w/o a prescript.

Just curious, but did u also have a filler substance injected into your scars afterwards as well?

I'll post pics ASAP.

No I didn't get a filler injected, but I'm planning on using a perm. filler down the line along with subcision. It's healing very well, the swelling is still there which gives a false impression of improvement, I really hope it fills up a lot.

Dita - One of the dr.s that did my first subscision told me that even if a filler is not used, releasing the scar adhesion below the skin will cause an improvement in the appearence.

Dan

That's the same thing my doctor told me. However, he said if a filler is used, the improvement is far greater and more guaranteed. However, I have plenty of time to use those, for now I'm gonna try just subcising my rolling scars and see where that takes me.

Hi Dita,

Just curious as to which filler you and your doc have in mind for under your subcision?

I've had isolagen, which at the present writing is the only one I would go near for the following reasons.

1) Short term fillers are just so expensive to have repeatedly done. And I believe that the repeated injecting trauma on the skin will do the skin no good at all.

2) permanent artificial fillers may look great when you have them just done. But they are artificial and in the next 5 - 10 years your face will change in shape but the filler won't, except maybe a bit of lumping. You are running a chance of making yourself look like a freak in the future.