Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaChupacabra

Have any of you just Outgrown your acne?

Im curious..because I'm hoping for this..i only have mild acne and it's not hardly as bad as some cases, but i just want to get rid of it...im turning 18 in october and i really want it to disappear before college...im prayin...

My ex boyfriend had moderate acne all through high school and during college. At age 23-24, it completely disappeared. He has perfect skin now, and it's hard to believe he ever had acne. So, for some people, it will disappear. You just have to be patient...although I know that's tough.

What you need to consider in asking questions like this, is that this is an ACNE MESSAGE BOARD. Everyone here has acne, and if for some reason or another, if they quit getting acne, they _wont_ come back. Why? Because they have no reason to anymore.

Sure theres a few people here and there that stick around. But it is impossible to guage an accurate assessment of cures or benefits, because if someone finds something that works for them, they aren't bound to keep visiting to report their success.

Keep it in mind when asking "does method (x) work?"

Now as for your question, there are hundreds of people that continually break out throughout their life. While most people may grow out of it, a small percentage still have to worry about it. Seek treatment now, not later.

okay as much as i dont want to flame...ah fine i wont!..but...if i got rid of my acne id still come here...and some people do...so i figure id ask..is there such a problem with that? JEEBUS

sorry but I'm 29. I first got it when I was about 16. I thought when i'm 18 it will have gone, then 21, then 25 now i'm knocking on 30 - still no success.

It feels like it will never go!

My friend had moderate acne and grew out of it by 16. I think almost all guys grow out of it in their late teens or twenties. My dad grew out of his by 18 or 19 so im hoping i do too.

I think the majority of acne sufferers outgrow their acne by the mid-twenties. According to my family, I'm supposed to be outgrowing mine. Anyday now. Cause everyone else in my family outgrew their's at the same time. Hard to imagine though since my skin is so crappy. Hopefully accutane will nuke that acne.

At age 29 my acne is still with me and going strong :D ahhh maybe some day I will be a grown up and not have acne, im not holding my breath though. I have a girl-friend that I go to school with (yes Im in college) and she still has some acne at age 40.

Sorry for the bummer answer

I do think some people outgrow the acne but many dont.

Kisses and hugs

Trixie

guys tend to get more severe acne in their teens and then groe out of it by their early to mid twenties, as their testosterone levels settle down. Women on the other hand generally get it less severe in their teens but will be plagued by flare ups possibly until the menopause, although many will 'out-grow' the tendancy long before that. However the point is that generally women will be bothered by acne for longer, due in part to their monthly hormonal turbulance, and partly because women tend to be more emotional than men, again leading to hormonal imbalance.

Hey, im 18, will be nineteen in a couple months..i've had mild acne (like you) since i was about 16. Nothing big, just enough to make me a little self conscious. So i visited the derm , got prescribed some pills and tazorac. I stayed with that for about 6 months. Man was it a roller coaster ride...At 6 months, my face was clear (with occassional breakouts) and it was summer. After a week out in the sun, i had to stop tazorac because it made my face really dry and somewhat red. SO, here i am now, i stopped ALL prescription drugs i was on because i was just fed up with it all. I stopped about a month ago, and now i only wash mornings and night with cetaphil soap and THATS IT. I get maybe 2-3 TINY whiteheads a week, which are barely noticable!! I dont know if its the tazorac did something to my skin while i was on it, or if i just outgrew acne!? So thats my story, my face is beautiful now!

Hmm even though it's possible that one can outgrow acne without using any medicine(yeah i guess but it just leaves plenty of scars and so on) but it's best not to take the risk, because it may be too late by the time he/she realize that he/she cannot.

I will be 31 very soon and my acne has been getting worse the last few years. I had light to moderate acne while in school, but in your 30's it does get much less acceptable. Believe me, age will not be the determining factor for acne, it will be your unique genes that decide your condition.

Good luck and keep your spirits high.

don't be discouraged by what you read on this website. most people do in fact outgrow their acne when they hit 18. i dont mean their skin is completely clear, but it's good enough that they rarely think about it. it's more like "oh damnit i have a zit" than a face constantly full of marks of all sorts. most people did not have a website to post on during their highschool years when dealing with acne, and just had to battle it on their own. you never hear about them, but if you were to ask most people about the topic of acne they'd tell you what a pain in the ass it was and how self conscious they were in highschool, but they aren't emotionally wrecked anymore. obviously since this is an acne board, you will find the people who it unfortunately hasn't gone away for, in a larger concentration. if they didn't have acne they wouldn't be here. if you are still a teenager and don't have severe acne, all hope isn't lost. there have been thousands upon thousands of people in your shoes all around the world since acne itself has been around.

Im curious..because I'm hoping for this..i only have mild acne and it's not hardly as bad as some cases, but i just want to get rid of it...im turning 18 in october and i really want it to disappear before college...im prayin...

I'm 21 and I've got it as bad as ever!But don't despair cos everyone is different .

I'm 34 and I've had acne since age 21.During my teens I had beautiful skin. My acne is now under control so I don't get spots.

However, I think I'll always have to worry about it for the rest of my life. I've been waiting for so long to outgrow it and now I just don't think that will happen. In the past I had moderate acne and with age it has improved to mild acne. My skin is just as oily as when I was young but I actually like that.

I hope you all have better luck.BTW my brother at age 40 has mild acne.When he was younger it was bordering on severe.