Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kerplunk

What does BP bleached clothing look like?

Hi there,

So, like most people, I'm aware that benzoyl peroxide can stain clothing, so I try to be careful about getting it on clothes, or transferring it from my skin to my clothes. However, if I do find discoloration on my clothes, how do I know that it's BP that's causing it? Every now and then, I will find an article of clothing that has an odd pinkish/yellowish splotch/discoloration, and I'm wondering if BP could be the culprit, or if it's something else. What does BP bleaching look like? Does it just make color more faded, but basically keep the same hue, or does it leave a weird discoloration as I'm describing? The splotches appear in various places like on my shirt collar (which would make sense) or my pant leg (which makes less sense, though I could see BP getting on there). Anyone with experience in BP bleached clothes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

K

Hi there,

So, like most people, I'm aware that benzoyl peroxide can stain clothing, so I try to be careful about getting it on clothes, or transferring it from my skin to my clothes. However, if I do find discoloration on my clothes, how do I know that it's BP that's causing it? Every now and then, I will find an article of clothing that has an odd pinkish/yellowish splotch/discoloration, and I'm wondering if BP could be the culprit, or if it's something else. What does BP bleaching look like? Does it just make color more faded, but basically keep the same hue, or does it leave a weird discoloration as I'm describing? The splotches appear in various places like on my shirt collar (which would make sense) or my pant leg (which makes less sense, though I could see BP getting on there). Anyone with experience in BP bleached clothes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

K

Depends on the colour I think, Things black that i have had bleached have gone orange. Other colour have gone white/yellow etc.

Yes, BP is the culprit! I have a habit of putting on BP, washing my hands (but not well enough) and when i dry em they arent all the way dry and i always touch my pants... I managed to put a PINK handprint on my mom's towels in the bathroom (towel and washcloth set). doh!