Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
POCAHONTAS

Ice Pick Scars--How do I cover them?

I have really bad ice pick scars on my cheeks from when I was on Accutane. I currently use Smashbox Color Corrector Foundation Primer and just recently switched to Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. Both look bad on my skin, but I don't know what else to use. My skin breaks out with everything. I need some advice on how to cover my ice pick scars as I hate having holes in my face! :(

I have really bad ice pick scars on my cheeks from when I was on Accutane. I currently use Smashbox Color Corrector Foundation Primer and just recently switched to Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. Both look bad on my skin, but I don't know what else to use. My skin breaks out with everything. I need some advice on how to cover my ice pick scars as I hate having holes in my face! :(

From what I've gathered, you can't do much of anything with makeup to fix the problem. I've had a couple indentations that have taken a while to heal, and it does suck! You could either wear a really cakey foundation (theatrical or something) to help smooth it out, or apply clinique's pore refining corrector which fills in the pores, and to a small extent, larger facial depressions. That's about it.