Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those of you who suffer from acne which would be all of you, please dont waste your time with over-the-counter medications and creams, and all that crap, if you have acne and you suffer from it please go to a dermatologist and get a doxycycline prescribtion. This advice comes from my own experience, i wasted so much time on all that cheap crap when i could have taken doxycycline and been clear in two months. Really, the pills will be the only thing that works, some stuff that i tried worked for me, some didnt, but nothing showed me any dramatic results except the pills that my dermatologist prescribed me. So please, dont waste your time on useless crap, just go to a dermatologist and get some pills, you need to cure it on the outside first, because thats where the major problem is. Thanks for listening

what works for you can't possibly work for everybody else. u simply can't make absolute statements. i think pills/medicine stuff should be of a last resort, there're bound to be side effects, major or minor. and sometimes they only offer temporary relief. once u stop, acne comes back.

but i do agree that a lot of otc products don't work and can make things worse. if you choose the right products and adopt a healthy lifestyle, there's no reason for acne to stay.

I used to take a pill for my acne and it has given me a connective tissue disease. I will never take a pill for acne again.

For those of you who suffer from acne which would be all of you, please dont waste your time with over-the-counter medications and creams, and all that crap, if you have acne and you suffer from it please go to a dermatologist and get a doxycycline prescribtion. This advice comes from my own experience, i wasted so much time on all that cheap crap when i could have taken doxycycline and been clear in two months. Really, the pills will be the only thing that works, some stuff that i tried worked for me, some didnt, but nothing showed me any dramatic results except the pills that my dermatologist prescribed me. So please, dont waste your time on useless crap, just go to a dermatologist and get some pills, you need to cure it on the outside first, because thats where the major problem is. Thanks for listening

I don't mean any offense by this - because I know you are just trying to help. But it gets frustrating when people take what worked for them, and then hold it up as a universal cure for everyone. It's no different than the kids in high school who said 'Dude, why don't you just take a shower?'. See, for them - just taking a shower is enough to prevent acne, but for a lot of us it isn't.

Different things work for different people. I've been to a dermatologist and I was perscribed antibiotics and they didn't help at all. Dan's Regimine on this site did a lot more to stop acne than the drugs did. Heck, there are even people who take accutane - the HOLY GRAIL of acne medicine and still have acne.