Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trying a new product/treatment for acne? I mean, you WANT it to be the 'one' so badly...the one miracle product that completely rids your face of acne. By the 2nd day of the treatment you are checking the mirror 10 times a day to see if you are seeing any improvement or any new zits.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate it. I get my hopes up so high - "WoW, THREE DAYS and no new zits. IT MUST BE IT! IT'S WORKING" then I wake up on Day four and my face is a mess.

Well, here's hoping that tomorrow (Day #4 of my newest treatment) doesn't bring me yet another let down, but it probably will :(

Guest tenshigirl25

5 years from now u will just take accutane anyway. products wont do anything..all u need is a simple cleanser and moisturiser and some regular professional treatments.

i remember when i was 11

i wanted to be an actress lol and i had acne, and i liked to think i was in an oprah show or anyother show saying to ppl : I HAD ACNE WHEN I WAS 11, AND I TOOK RID OF IT THANKS TO NACAR SHELL, and no one could believe it cause my face was so smooth..!

thats the cream i was using.....

its been 5 years and im still not clear :(

5 years from now u will just take accutane anyway. products wont do anything..all u need is a simple cleanser and moisturiser and some regular professional treatments.

well , hopefully that ur acne will go away naturally so u dont have to go on accutane cuz it sucks (as in side effects)

i remember when i was 11

i wanted to be an actress lol and i had acne, and i liked to think i was in an oprah show or anyother show saying to ppl : I HAD ACNE WHEN I WAS 11, AND I TOOK RID OF IT THANKS TO NACAR SHELL, and no one could believe it cause my face was so smooth..!

thats the cream i was using.....

its been 5 years and im still not clear :(

lol aww there there! Stars have acne too (how I hate the word acne :|) anyway, yes I too hate that feeling... it always makes things seem such a mental attitude... if you get too excited or think about it too much it screws you over. Perhaps there is a point in our life that we are yet to experience, we are all on this same journey of discovering something we would never otherwise be. I've always considered acne as a way of motivating myself to something more powerful than anything I would of achieved otherwise. Can also be taken as a way to really define who I am and once this acne is gone I will be almost perfect if it's done it's job on my psyche.

Dudes, accutane is the only thing that completely works. Stop the pain and scars you might get and take it.

i wouldnt say completely work, im still on the treatment but there are a lot of people that acne came back after tane and my confidence that tane will work is gone !!

well we all have different skin types so maybe it will really help u!

which was ur last screen name? i forgot

Dudes, accutane is the only thing that completely works. Stop the pain and scars you might get and take it.

i wouldnt say completely work, im still on the treatment but there are a lot of people that acne came back after tane and my confidence that tane will work is gone !!

I guess your right but the chances that it will work are so much higher than other treatments, that's what my derm said and that's how it was for me.

I agree, cant say it completely works

I had a 6 month course at 40 mg twice a day. Acne came back a few months after. Probably gonna do a second course.

Trying a new product/treatment for acne? I mean, you WANT it to be the 'one' so badly...the one miracle product that completely rids your face of acne. By the 2nd day of the treatment you are checking the mirror 10 times a day to see if you are seeing any improvement or any new zits.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate it. I get my hopes up so high - "WoW, THREE DAYS and no new zits. IT MUST BE IT! IT'S WORKING" then I wake up on Day four and my face is a mess.

Well, here's hoping that tomorrow (Day #4 of my newest treatment) doesn't bring me yet another let down, but it probably will :(

wow i know how u feel lol

thats wen i thought wen i first used

=acv

=tree tea oil (think it made me break out ..or didnt help :\)

-asprin mask ( also gave me breakouts but then ithink it was

just brining this to the surface? )

= aloe vera (did fuken nuthin to my red marks)

geez i dont know wat i should try .. worried it might fuk up my face

The main problem with people is that acne products are like this: Imagine a leaky faucet that drips water all over the floor. You use a sponge to clean it up...the sponge is the acne product. You keep buying a new type of sponge hoping it will clean up the mess quicker. So you buy a mop. The mop does a great job, but the faucet always leaks. Instead you look for a floor-cleaner...when all you have to do is just fix the damn faucet (your oil glands).

Of course it's not this easy. But what I'm saying is that you should consider trying internal products...or even change your diet. My diet is now pretty much vegetarian-dairy-free. It is working a bit, and my skin is a little less oily and my pores shrunk maybe 12%. Of course I have a mild problem, but still. Just fix the faucet and qut buying all these cleaning products (acne products)...but that is much easier said than done. Just remember, it's always quicker to wipe up a mess than to fix a faucet.

The main problem with people is that acne products are like this: Imagine a leaky faucet that drips water all over the floor. You use a sponge to clean it up...the sponge is the acne product. You keep buying a new type of sponge hoping it will clean up the mess quicker. So you buy a mop. The mop does a great job, but the faucet always leaks. Instead you look for a floor-cleaner...when all you have to do is just fix the damn faucet (your oil glands).

Of course it's not this easy. But what I'm saying is that you should consider trying internal products...or even change your diet. My diet is now pretty much vegetarian-dairy-free. It is working a bit, and my skin is a little less oily and my pores shrunk maybe 12%. Of course I have a mild problem, but still. Just fix the faucet and qut buying all these cleaning products (acne products)...but that is much easier said than done. Just remember, it's always quicker to wipe up a mess than to fix a faucet.

I'm certainly open to the idea that diet can affect acne. The problem is, my diet is pretty darn good. At least compared to what most people eat. I just started getting into lifting weights - so I've got your basic 'high protien' sort of diet. All healthy food though, but plenty of meat. Lots of fruits and veggies too.

I've heard people claim that dairy causes acne. I stay away from dairy already though, because it makes me feel sick (not sure if I'm lactose intolerant though, it's just a mild upset stomach). I've heard meat causes acne, but well, I'm not willing to give up meat without solid evidence it causes it. I've also heard of giving up grains? But that was just one post on here, I don't know if it's true at all.

I'm actually trying B5 right now - kind of the 'clean it up before it spills' mentality. Hopefully it'll work, but yeah, time will tell.

I'm certainly open to the idea that diet can affect acne. The problem is, my diet is pretty darn good. At least compared to what most people eat. I just started getting into lifting weights - so I've got your basic 'high protien' sort of diet. All healthy food though, but plenty of meat. Lots of fruits and veggies too.

I've heard people claim that dairy causes acne. I stay away from dairy already though, because it makes me feel sick (not sure if I'm lactose intolerant though, it's just a mild upset stomach). I've heard meat causes acne, but well, I'm not willing to give up meat without solid evidence it causes it. I've also heard of giving up grains? But that was just one post on here, I don't know if it's true at all.

I'm actually trying B5 right now - kind of the 'clean it up before it spills' mentality. Hopefully it'll work, but yeah, time will tell.

The reason why I think diet is the basic key to acne is because you see all 3rd world countries whose food supplies are so weak, yet have maintenance free skin makes you wonder...how can these people with no toilets, are unsanitized, and have no money care so little for their skin yet look so good? They eat a traditional diet.

Beef itself has the hormones and such just like milk does....it's the same cow all around. I heard protein can make acne worse, but that's what those psychos are saying in the diet/holistic boards. But anything is worth a shot. To me, I gave up meet 5 months ago and had only 3 or 4 pimples on my back since...and those 3 or 4 pimples were in the first month of my vegetarian diet. I switch to "fake meat" like chicken-soy ...which surprisingly tastes 95% like chicken.

It takes atleast four weeks for any treatment to start giving results, if it isn't making your acne worse and you give up before that time then you havn't given it a chance.

For those of us poor folk without insurance, Accutane is a biatch. It's like $300-$400 a month! As if the money is not an issue, it's not a sure thing, and you have to deal with potential side effects.

i'm one of those 'nothing works for me' people :doubt: everything i use just makes it worse. proactiv got rid of the spots but the redness was unbearable.

and i hate the diet thread people going on about their miracle cures like 'oooh i drink 1tsp of apple cider vinegar every day and all my severe acne is gone'

aww hope it works out for you

acv...i used it a few days..

are we suppose to drink it? or both, i mean put it on and drink it?

yep you can drink it and/or put it on your face...I drank 2 Tab 3x's a day, after about a month I started to get really bad stomachaches so bad that I would fall to my knees (only sometimes, and I’m not good with pain :rolleyes: soo…) later I found out that drinking 6 Tablespoons was to much :wall: