Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan T.

Antioxidant Programs?

Does anyone have a good antioxidant program that they would like to share that helps to speed healing time, protect the skin, delay aging and approve the appearence of the skin? I currently take a multi along with 3 to 6 grams of Vit. C and 30 mg of zinc.

Any additional suggestions or regimens that have worked for others.

Thanks

Omega fatty acid pills are great for all the things you mentioned. Flax oil is good too. You might want to take grapeseed tablets, alpha lipoic acid, selenium, vitamin E, and hyalauronic acid. Green tea (drinking it) is good for aging too, and you can also put it on your face. Take Ester-C with the regular C if you don't already.

HTH :D

Emergen-C supplement from the health food store. FANTASTIC and pretty darn cheap. It's a fizzy drink...you mix powder with water and it turns into a good tasting juice that fizzes. It has vitamins and trace minerals.

Also, I highly recommend one of the most important antioxidants that I literally never hear discussed but is probably the best is quercetin. TwinLabs makes a good brand of quercitin plus vitamin c, which I take everyday.

I also believe that if you can find Nature's Way "Dr. Masquellier's Pycnogenol" it's worth every penny plus more. It is the orignal recipe founded by the French doctor that discovered the properties of pine bark extract and red grape extract. But I don't recommend any other formulations except for the "Flavay" brand, which is very expensive.

IMHO, this is one of the most important (and neglected) antioxidants known to man. They use Flavay in Europe to treat MS patients and patients with glaucoma and other eye problems as the pycnogenol strengthens the eye vessels as well.

Thanks Denise2 and Flyingeagle - I was unaware of those antioxidants and will begin looking into them. I have added the vitamin E and Omega 3 this week and have noticed a difference already in the way my skin feels.

Denise2 - I can't find Pycnogenol in EITHER of the brand names you mentioned. Do you have websites you can point me to? On the web, I found that Nature's Way has a pycnogenol, but not a "Dr. Masquwhateveritis" Pycnogenol- and his personal brand, Flavay, doesn't have a pycnogenol, just grapeseed extract. Odd. I've been using Source Naturals 75mg which is about the same price as the Flavay. I'm going to keep with this supplement, but I'm always looking for ways to improve the quality, etc. of whatever it is I'm doing. SOMETHING is working on my skin b/c it's doing great, but it's impossible to isolate exactly what, or what combination, is working since I'm popping so many (legal) pills and swimming in potions! I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, but if you recommend only those 2 brands for the pycnogenol, I'd be much obliged if you could steer me in the right direction....

How are you healing, sweet Dan? I think after my punch float/excisions with Dr. Yarborough in a couple of weeks, I might give your Dr. Wilson a call & schedule something for mid-February based on your fabulous results! He also sounds very thorough and seems to know what the hell he's doing; VERY rare in his field, no? lol! Hope you're still healing beautifully & that this NEW YEAR 2006 brings you great health, HEALING and happiness!!!!! Cheers!