Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnedefeater

Using Alpha Hydrox Lotion with regimen to fade spots?

Has anyone done the following and scene success. Used the cleanser, followed by bp and after the bp dries applied the 8% Alpha Hydrox Brand AHA and followed with moisturizer. Has anyone scene their red/hyperpigmented spots/marks fade?

you should always apply the aha before the bp. if you're just starting out, apply the aha once a day (preferable at night) every other day or every other two days (depending on how your skin reacts) for two weeks and use the bp on nights you don't use the aha. skip the moisturizer but use a suncreen during the day. i've used the alpha hydrox oil-free formula in the past with great success and still use it depending on how my skin is.

I would wait until you're one month into the regimen and then purchase a moisturizer with AHA like the Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion or the Eucerin Skin Renewal (if its still available). You shouldn't use AHA at the start of the regimen because getting used to BP and AHA at the same time will create more irritation and may be too harsh on your skin.

Does the Alpha Hydrox Brand AHA help to fade the marks when used in conjunction with the regimen. Dan stated he uses it or had been for 1 month and had seen positive results in skin tone, and it helps in hyperpigmentation as well.

Does the Alpha Hydrox Brand AHA help to fade the marks when used in conjunction with the regimen. Dan stated he uses it or had been for 1 month and had seen positive results in skin tone, and it helps in hyperpigmentation as well.

Dan recommends to use the Alpha Hydroxy Brand AHA to treat active blemishes, just dab it on before BP application on individual blemishes to heal them faster -> http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=234

To help with hyperpigmentation, get a moisturizer with AHA like the Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion or the Eucerin Skin Renewal and use it instead of the moisturizer you're using with the regimen right now. Get one after being on the regimen for a month or so to prevent irritation. Don't add any variables in like peels or modify anything in the regimen until you're completely clear. Even when you're completely clear, add variables in one-by-one and see how your face reacts with them.

The Alpha Hdrox Brand AHA is really great I hear for clearing hyperpigmentation. It contains a potent 10% glycolic acid which is a bit more then the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion w/ spf 15. Either way they are both great in helping to clear hyperpigmentation and they reduce newly forming pimples much faster.

Neutrogena Healthy Face Lotion has 8% glycolic acid. To help fade the red marks which comes with time I will start using the Alpha Hydrox AHA in between the bp and moisturizer to help fade marks and pretty soon have completely CLEAR and SPOTLESS skin!