Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hitman133

nuetrogena multi-vitamin treatment?

here's a little back story...

I'm 21 and have had acne for I dunno how many years but a long time. I finally started going to the derm a couple years ago and certain oral medications, I forget which ones, helped me pretty good. then my health insurance ran out and I stopped going, and within a few months I started breaking out really bad. that's when I started coming here, and I was trying countless over the counter products. I finally settled on a pretty steady regimen of washing my face with basis sensative bar twice a day, using nuetrogena 2.5% BP in the morning and nuetrogena multi-vitamin treatment with SA at night. it took some time but my skin finally got pretty clear. of course after that happens, I started slacking with putting the products on, and I recently broke out again really bad within the past month. I started putting on the BP in the morning and at night, thinking that that is what cleared up my skin the first time, I didn't think the SA multivitamin-treatment was doing anything. but after about a month of putting the BP on and my skin continues to break out worse, I'm starting to think that it was the SA that was clearing up my skin, or a combination of both. I know you're not supposed to use SA and BP at the same time, but the SA lotion actually seemed to sooth my skin as opposed to irritate it. so maybe because I don't use a moisturizer, the SA with vitamins and fruit extracts was keeping my skin in check with the BP. I just started using the SA again last night and I'm really curious to see what happens. what does everyone else think about this? has anyone else tried this product?

sa should not be mixed with bp. if it is mixed, that should only be used as a spot treatment. if u want something with vitamins in it, try neutrogena healthy skin face lotion with spf 15

I did not have any success with the neutrogena multi-vitamin treatment in terms of clearing zits. It did help with blotchiness. If it works for you just keep trying different combos until you figure out what works best.

Based solely on the ingredients, the Neutrogena Multivitamin treatment should be the best thing on the market. Whether it actually works is another story.

Based solely on the ingredients, the Neutrogena Multivitamin treatment should be the best thing on the market. Whether it actually works is another story.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...296159?v=glance

Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment looks promising

Clear acne and reduce marks and blotchiness from past breakouts.

Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment.

Vitamins A, E, Pro-vitamin B5 And Natural Fruit Extracts.

Convenient Pump.

Light lotion disappears into your skin...no greasy or sticky after-feel.

Ideal with a moisturizer or under makeup.

Won't clog pores.

A daily, invisible, leave-on, dual-action lotion helps clear up acne while improving the healthy appearance of skin.

Contains:

Highly-Effective, Acne Fighting Ingredient used by dermatologists to help eliminate and prevent future pimples and blackheads.

Vitamins A, E and Pro-vitamin B5 to fight damage to skin and help restore healthy-looking skin.

Natural Fruit Extracts to reduce the marks from old blemishes, even out blotchiness, and reveal a clearer, smoother complexion.

Effectively controls acne and improves the appearance of skin as shown:

Improved overall complexion

Improved skin clarity

Improved skin texture

Even out blotchy skin tones

Smoother skin

As part of any good skincare regimen, Neutrogena recommends daily use of a moisturizer with SPF 15 sunscreen to protect your skin during the day.

Product Description

Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment clears up acne and reduces marks and blotchiness left from past breakouts. A daily, invisible, leave-on, dual-action lotion helps clear up acne while improving the healthy appearance of skin. Contains: Highly effective, acne fighting ingredient used by dermatologists to help eliminate and prevent pimples and blackheads; Vitamins A, E and Pro-Vitamin B5 to fight damage to skin and help restore healthy-looking skin; Natural Fruit Extracts to reduce the marks from old blemishes, even out blotchiness, and reveal a clearer, smoother complexion.

Ingredients

Salicylic Acid (1.5%), Purified Water, PPG-14 Butyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Grape Extract, Kiwi Fruit Extract, Honey Extract, Oat Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bisabolol, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #40

IPB Image

here's a little back story...

I'm 21 and have had acne for I dunno how many years but a long time. I finally started going to the derm a couple years ago and certain oral medications, I forget which ones, helped me pretty good. then my health insurance ran out and I stopped going, and within a few months I started breaking out really bad. that's when I started coming here, and I was trying countless over the counter products. I finally settled on a pretty steady regimen of washing my face with basis sensative bar twice a day, using nuetrogena 2.5% BP in the morning and nuetrogena multi-vitamin treatment with SA at night. it took some time but my skin finally got pretty clear. of course after that happens, I started slacking with putting the products on, and I recently broke out again really bad within the past month. I started putting on the BP in the morning and at night, thinking that that is what cleared up my skin the first time, I didn't think the SA multivitamin-treatment was doing anything. but after about a month of putting the BP on and my skin continues to break out worse, I'm starting to think that it was the SA that was clearing up my skin, or a combination of both. I know you're not supposed to use SA and BP at the same time, but the SA lotion actually seemed to sooth my skin as opposed to irritate it. so maybe because I don't use a moisturizer, the SA with vitamins and fruit extracts was keeping my skin in check with the BP. I just started using the SA again last night and I'm really curious to see what happens. what does everyone else think about this? has anyone else tried this product?

My friend has tried it... and it seemed to work for him for a while. (His acne pretty much cleared up thanks to it)

But after a while it stopped working for him. :(

They're discontinuing the Multi-Vitamin lotion.. the ingredients suck because there's cetyl alcohol, which is drying and irritating.

It's going to be replaced by the Rapid Clear Defense Lotion, which i love.

sa should not be mixed with bp. if it is mixed, that should only be used as a spot treatment. if u want something with vitamins in it, try neutrogena healthy skin face lotion with spf 15

I disagree. I've used an SA cleanser and bp gel (dan's method) for about 4 mths now. Not only have i cleared up in a jiffy but i've also managed to stay clear.

I like this product, although I don't think it does squat to prevent acne! It is GREAT for calming down my skin after I've been picking at it too much ... and for that reason, I always keep a bottle of it around.

Q

This product is now discontinued. I use it with BP at night, but I'll have to start looking for something to replace it with.