Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have a question that maybe some will be able to help me out with, it seems like when I eat anything with nuts or pork products, such as ham or sausage, peanuts or peanut butter, I get these zits on my neck 10 to 12 at a time, big red and painful that take weeks to go away. Never on my face, just on my neck. Could it be an allergy to those things, maybe hormones in the pork products? I try to be as careful as I can, but several weeks ago went to a chinese place and I think that they use peanut oil in their food and 2 weeks to the date I had a break out on my neck and its just starting to look normal again on one side but still can see them on the other. The only thing that works is a dab of bp when I get home from work, exfoliate gently, then milk of magnesia on them before bed left overnite and hydrocortisone cream to take the red and pain down. No one else in my family has this problem, any thoughts or suggestions would help. I pm'd dermpro, but haven't gotten an answer back. Thanks

Sounds like a reaction to nuts/pork products. Are you eating a lot of it or just anytime you have any?

I don't eat that stuff at all if I can avoid it. As far as an allergic reaction, I don't have trouble breathing or go into shock or have a rash on my body, just have those zits on the neck, usually takes about 2 weeks to come out. Thats all I can tell.

No. don't take any meds, was just wondering if any one had a clue as to why on my neck and only there do I get these zits.