Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cody151

Moisturizer & Soap Questions

Ok, so I started using Dial soap to wash b/c its antibacterial. However, it is quite drying to my skin so I must use moisturizer. I'm currently using Curel (original). My problem is, I think it might be breakin me out so do you guys think if I stopped using Lotion my face would eventually "learn" to live without it and not need it as much? Any comments or support plzz

basically im looking for a soap that will help my acne as well as my dry skin so i dont need to use lotion anymore :)

Here is a short review of some of the soaps I have tried recently:

Dove with 1/4 Moisturizer = non drying but didn't help acne

Zest = slightly drying but made my neck break out :eh:

Dial = very drying, isnt helping my acne yet (only used it for a week so far)

i might try Dove Sensitive skin, dunno some help would be niccccccceee.

If you're expecting a common soap to help your acne (even the mildly anti-bacterial ones that you mentioned), I think you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

BTW, I'm always puzzled by all the attention given to "moisturizers" and allegedly "dry skin" on this site. What exactly are the symptoms of your "dry skin"? Please be specific...

Bryan

well I mainly only have dry skin after I shave, like the next day my cheeks are all dry & u can see like white flakies then around my mouth area its dry and flaky & feels tight. thats about it, I am a little lost on the whole moisturizer thing, i jus know that my skin is dry & lotion is for dry skin....

those products that your using are too harsh for your face.i have dry skin too,and i use purpose liquid and complex 15.....so far thay work best..

Maybe they are too harsh but I like using my Edge Advanced Shave Gel for Sensitive Skin and I like using bar soaps to clean. I dunno..... kinda confused on wat i want & etc. ill sleep on it and get back in the morn

omigosh, if i were you, i would stop using this super harsh cleanser!!!!!! there're so many gentle ones you can use: eg. cetaphil, spectro jel (if in canada).

well my acne is minor, maybe 1 or 2 zits a week or so if that anymore (thank God). But I think Dove is pretty gentle so I am using that again to see wat happens

I recommend you stop using that kind of soap on your face. You should use Purpose or Cetaphil instead, even if you had perfect skin already. They're just plain nicer to your face.

cetaphil bar is the best all around

which one? the antibacterial or the gentle cleansing bar? im not too fond of triclosan....

Here are the ingredients in comparsion (Dove vs. Cetaphil):

Cetaphil

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May Also Contain Sodium Palm Kernelate

Dove

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Palm Kernelate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium Etidronate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide , Sodium Dodecyl Benzene Sulfonate

The ingredients in BOLD are the ones they both contain. They are pretty similar, but I have a hard time making these kinds of decisions! lol ill jus look up the ingredients and some reviews but I do know that most ppl I know use Dove & have clear skin....hrmm :pray: