Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnedefeater

Dan says the regimen fades red marks/spots (I highly doubt it)

Well I have just started the regimen about two weeks ago. I really don't think the regimen itself even with prolonged strict use over a period of perhaps even 6 months fades the red marks.

How many of you have had your red marks/spots fade to nothing after doing the regimen for 3 months using JUST the regimen under strict adherence with no added products?

I don't think doing the regimen for 3 months will fade my marks/spots.

Guest Poker-Butt

im finishing my first week of the regimen ...and i must say ive been shedding so much skin that i definitely notice my marks to be lighter ... theyre not even red anymore (im sorta tan...so my marks go from red to brown when theyre healing...thats how i know)

Yea, the regimen made me shed skin like crazy for a week and a half. Now, im on like day 15 and much less shedding. I switched to Eucerin Clear Skin Renewal moisturizer at night and it has helped me so much with the shedding. My red marks seem about the same.

I'm on my 6th month. Some red marks have faded completely but some, the larger ones, are not completely gone. I don't care about red marks too much, they will fade in time. What I'm happy about is that the regimen stops breakouts very effectively and smoothes out the skin. It's not the regimen which fades red marks, it's time.

I'm on my 6th month. Some red marks have faded completely but some, the larger ones, are not completely gone. I don't care about red marks too much, they will fade in time. What I'm happy about is that the regimen stops breakouts very effectively and smoothes out the skin. It's not the regimen which fades red marks, it's time.

Exactly, think about it, the Regimen helps prevent new breakouts and so also stops 'new' red marks from old acne ceasing. Only time will heal the red marks, but give it a good 6 months and you'll be well on the way to a clear and healthy complexion with minimal marks if any. Any healing takes time, it's just stopping the acne that's the most important thing for me right now, and all of us right!? ;)

bp alone will not fade red marks. u need a moisturizer with aha or glycolic acid or both for that

Glycolic acid is a type of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid). But yes, AHA does speed up the healing of red marks.

Yeah, I never claim that bp fades red marks. In fact, I don't know of anything that does that that I would use. You can take a look at the red marks board, but be sure to not employ any of those methods until you're completely clear from active acne for a while first. Then add in 1 variable at a time. I guess the confusion is that I do say that the main priority is to stop acne, which will then stop future red marks. Current ones need time to fade though. For some people it can be fast, and for others it can take months.

Actually you do claim that red marks fade after week 5 in your "what to expect" section.

No, he claims that red spots are in the process of fading. He never states when they actually completely fade in his "what to expect" section because it really depends on the severity of your acne. Under the 'moderate' column on that page, at 8+ weeks, it says "red spots continue to fade to nothing."