Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone I am a guy from the UK and have been going through the message board to try and find the answer to my question, what is the best treatment for scared and enlarged pores. I started to go through all the messages on this topic and there were so many different opinions on which treatments offer the best results on this kind of scar. I was looking in to have some kind non surgical treatment like a chemical peel or micro-dermabrasion etc but after reading some of the post from other users I now have my doubts over the effectiveness of these treatments and some have said they even make these scars worse and increase the size of the pores. Others have talked about other non-surgical treatments and creams that I have not heard of before maybe this is because of me being from the UK please could someone explain these other treatments to me and possible give me a decisive answer to my question once and for all.

Thank you for all your help

Jimbo

There's nothing short of surgery that will give you lasting improvement. If you do consider surgery, it's not costly. For scarred or enlarged pores, I think punch grafts or mini excisions are your only option. Punch elevation may work, but I'm not certain on this. All this, of course, depends on the extent of the area/s being treated.

Hi Everyone I am a guy from the UK and have been going through the message board to try and find the answer to my question, what is the best treatment for scared and enlarged pores. I started to go through all the messages on this topic and there were so many different opinions on which treatments offer the best results on this kind of scar. I was looking in to have some kind non surgical treatment like a chemical peel or micro-dermabrasion etc but after reading some of the post from other users I now have my doubts over the effectiveness of these treatments and some have said they even make these scars worse and increase the size of the pores. Others have talked about other non-surgical treatments and creams that I have not heard of before maybe this is because of me being from the UK please could someone explain these other treatments to me and possible give me a decisive answer to my question once and for all.

Thank you for all your help

Jimbo

Please could you explain to me what TCA across is ?? and also as the other member suggested punch grafts, mini excisions or Punch elevation what do these treatment entail and how do they work what about the chemical peel treatment that I have been looking into would this be of any benefit to scared pores??

KInd Regards

Jimbo

Please could you explain to me what TCA across is ?? and also as the other member suggested punch grafts, mini excisions or Punch elevation what do these treatment entail and how do they work what about the chemical peel treatment that I have been looking into would this be of any benefit to scared pores??

KInd Regards

Jimbo

Jimbo,

Learn to use the search function and you need to read the FAQ at the top of the forum since you obviously haven't. To rehash more information on how CROSS is done and works would just be beating a dead horse.

Colin

KInd Regards

Jimbo

Hi Jimbo,

TCA cross is a pretty aggressive method when very high concentration (50-100%) TCA (trichloroacetic acid) is used to dissolve the scar tissue and allow skin to repair itself. I’ve never used it and cannot tell anything about efficiency of the method, but unless the extent of your scars is great I would not advise it as some members of this board reported enlargement of the scar (you have to be very careful and balance the treatment as the acid is strong and can damage healthy tissue so less is more in this case). I’ve been using copper peptides (skinbiology website is the best place to find information) and in my opinion they work very well for all types of scars including the scared pores and improve the condition of the skin in general (especially if you suffer from active acne). They should be combined with chemical peels and/or microdermabrasion (which speed up the process) but still require patience (after 3 months I think that improvement of my scars can be quantified as 30-40%). But then again response to the treatment is quite individual thing so the best way is to research, research and research…Try different things and decide what works best for you!

Good luck!

If u really have some dough and want to do something thats pretty safe and something I have heard is effective for scarred pores look into some fraxels. I have read that enlarged pores are one of the benefits of the fraxel treatments. I'm getting 5 or 6 in the summer so I guess i will find out how well they work.