Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gator492

My own log. Really hoping this works.

Started the regimen yesterday. I'm actually being pretty cautious about it.

So I guess it's DAY 2 now. It's actually day 1.5 because I started the regimen at night, but I'll count it as Day 2 anyway.

My weapons right now is dan's BP gel, cetaphil cleansing bar, and no moisturizer yet. I ordered the complex-15 online today and will be waiting for that to come in. I'm not sure how big of a thing moisturizer will be but I don't think it will be too bad because my skin is used to the bp. I've been on proactiv thing and it hasn't really done much since I'm starting to break out again.

I have moderate acne, and I have a lot on my forehead and chin area right now, two areas which haven't been a problem for me until recently.

I'm hoping that it'll clear up in the next few days like it did for a few people, but I know I shouldn't expect it. I'm actually just doing the regimen in the forehead area and doing the proactiv in the other parts of my face just for the first week just in case I breakout to dan's bp gel and the complex-15. Well, just using the lotion and not the toner and wash.

I really hope this works.

So for the log: Forehead area looks the same as day one. No breakouts. Seems like the acne is going away but it might just be my head playing tricks.

Moisturizor never worked for me. Salicylic acid works much better than any Moisturizer I've tried. I'll bet a weekly SA peel or maybe biweekly GA peel would function pretty well and be lower maintainance too. After a week of even 2.5% my face is flaking like nuts and just wont stop. I've been using 10% bp some nights for this past week and a 2% sa gel 1-2 times a day and my face shows ZERO drying (except around nose). Lips are tore the hell up though, so I started chapsticking last night.

Thanks for the reply Melek.

Day 3: I started getting some whiteheads around the chin area again, so I decided to take a risk and just do the regimen on the whole face instead of just the forehead. I hope my face doesn't become dependent on the BP gel, but right now I just hope this works. I did the regimen twice today which means I'm doing good.

My forehead seems to be the same, but there were definitely no noticeable breakouts or new pimples. I'm just hoping for good short term results and I'm really anxious.

Hoping for the best.

Day 3 went well, did both times. My chin area is starting to get really dry and flaky, but it's ok.

Gona do today's and see where it goes.

Day 4 Went ok, and today day 5 went well. I sorta skipped a treatment time thing because I pretty much alloted 12-16 hours, and with sleep and a new daily schedule my application times got messed up.

I'm not sure if it's because of that one miss (I really doubt it), but today I got three new pimples, one white head, one harder whitehead that is sort of cyst like but small, and another soon to be whitehead.

Overall it's going well since I only got three in the past 4 days or so since starting the regimen. I'm still waiting for my moisturizer and it should come tomorrow, the complex 15. So I've been without moisturizer for the past 4 days as well.

I applied today in the morning and at night and am hoping there are no new pimples tomorrow or I'm going to be doubting the regimen. But if there isn't any, I have a good feeling about this.

I think my skin is clearing up but it's way too early to tell.

I think this is either day 9 or 10. Bad news. I missed about 2-3 applications and my face started breaking out. The bad thing is, my skin usually has whiteheads, but now my acne is forming lumps / cysts. They're big and nasty, but they're not noticeable. They appear to go away though and not grow larger, but I'm afraid one or two of these might grow really big. I'm not planning to miss any more applications but I'm worried for when I might in the future if i'll start breaking out like this.

I'm pretty dissapointed with the recent breakout but I've kept with the regimen for day 11. No more new pimples but as some cysts are getting smaller, some got a little bigger. They're really large lumps now.

Day 12. The cysts on my forehead are becoming more like breakouts in that area. The other cysts are growing smaller and less noticeable. I hope my forehead area becomes clearer and I'm still dissapointed but keep on going.

Thanks for the encouragement SBMS.

I'm about to finish up for Day 13. There haven't been any new pimples or anything, and the cysts are getting smaller. However, they're still really noticeable.

It's funny how most of the time the only major change to my face I see is in the morning. It never gets better during the day, and it only gets worse if does change at all. So I'm hoping for some more improvement tomorrow morning.

Day 14. Today was a half day because I overslept and my regimen schedule is sort of messed up but I think I'm not too over schedule.

The cysts remained the same size. The other two on my cheeks are slowly vanishing though. I really wonder what's going to happen to one of them on my forehead. It's pretty hard.

I think today is Day 16. The cysts are slowly going away but new ones are slowly forming. I can feel them under my skin and it's painful too, but no redness and it's not visible.

The trent now is that cysts are the new form of acne instead of whiteheads. I would usually get a lot of whiteheads but now they aren't even forming. I only had cysts rarely but now they're appearing faster. The good thing though is that they dissapear faster too, but it's still not the best.

Day 18. No new cysts lately. I had a small whitehead but it was very minor.

My skin feels like I put a load of paste on it when I use the BP. It feels nasty but what can I do.

Skin is looking better these days. We'll see what happens in the coming days.

I think this is day 28 or so. I haven't been able to update since I got busy, but my face really has been clearing up noticeably. There are no more whiteheads that come up in bunches and the face is getting to a more even tone.

I have 2-3 cysts that I had described before coming up at different parts on the face, but they go away after a few days. I don't know why these still come up even after using the regimen consistently.

I've only missed the regimen for two applications, mostly because of not being on a cosistent cycle and application time such as applying the regiment and going to sleep before applying the regiment again since putting on a new application would be too soon, etc.

I'm going to keep it up. I started my 2nd bottle of dan's regimen so hopefully it gets better and better.

I want to say one day like some others on the board have: "I'm finally in the clear."

Good luck to everyone else

Day 30. It's almost been a month.

I was surprised by a breakout the day I posted my last post about how I thought things were finally working out. Most of it is slowly disappearing but I was pretty dismayed when I saw that happened.

Also, does anyone have a problem of the dead flaky skin staying on your face. I can't seem to get it off with the cleanser without scrubbing my face really hard.

I'm surprised I'm at Day 35 and it's been going good.

I'm not perfectly in the clear yet, and I'm dissapointed to see a new pimple come up as soon as one seems to be dissapearing.

I don't know why people keep insisting on not popping the pimples, but I've noticed that whenever I do pop one and squeeze all the crap out it heals a lot faster than waiting for it to pop on its own for a week and then having it heal at the same rate.

Nevertheless, I'm still waiting for the time when there isn't a new pimple each morning and the older ones fade away.

I'm at a point right now where it can get perfectly clear I feel, but it's not getting there.

Day 39

I felt today I had the best skin I've had for a really long time, even though that doesn't say much. Most of the acne I got during the regimen went down.

Maybe I was too excited too early though. I came home with two lumps around an already acne healing area and was forced to pop them, so now it's still a little red. I'm really hoping it goes down dramatically.

I'm pretty surprised I've been on the regimen for so long but I'm hoping it really starts getting to the 100% mark soon (by day 50). I'm still looking for the final touch and trying to figure out how to prevent even these new acne from coming up. If these can be controlled, I'm on my way to the good skin I've wanted.

Day 61

I'm surprised I stayed on this regimen this long and could only remember a few number days I only did the regimen once instead of the recommended two times/day.

I can say that my face is a lot clearer than I started. It is dominated more with cysts than whiteheads like it was before, but the cysts are a lot more uncommon than the one to four daily whiteheads I would seem to be getting every day which would leave red bumps all over my face.

I've had more success popping my cysts or whiteheads as opposed to leaving them alone. I know this isn't what it's suppose to be but I tried to allow them to go away, but popping them makes it go away a lot faster.

I love Dan's new BP gel formula as well. It feels a lot lighter than the other BP gel.

I'm done with two months and going for the third. Hopefully it gets better and better because there's still room for improvement, but things are definitely looking up.