Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R.S.

Emu Oil Results

I'm thinking about switching to Emu oil as my moisturizer after I run out of Jojoba. My question is, who has actually witnessed it helping with red marks and wound healing? And other then that how well did it work? Thnaks and merry christmas.

I mix it into my moisturizer day/night. I never actually tested a red mark by applying it there by itself to see if its helping. I just mix it in... Anyways I know that it will help wounds heal a bit faster or at least I think it does.

The other day I had a zit under my lip and it developed a whitehead.... So i popped it (it wasnt very big at all though) and i put BP on it that night then right before bed I put a drop of emu oil right on it. the next day I swear i couldnt tell where it was... it did bleed when i popped it so its not like it was so tiny i wouldnt have seen it anyways. I think the emu helped. i wonder if theres anything on the net about emu oil and redmarks.

I've just begun using emu oil too. (currently on accutane)

I mix it in with my moisturiser morning and night and my skin feels GREAT and I think it helped my breakout too, it healed faster.

Time will tell whether it really helps with red marks, but it definetly does improve your skin texture!

I dab on emu oil morning and night on top of my moisturizer since it's been dryer during the winter. I wake up with smoother skin in the morning. Not sure how effective it is on red marks but they do help your face heal quicker so I supppose there is a slight correlation there.

I wouldn't use TOO much .. when I first started I used too much and all of it dind't absorb so the oil sat there as if my face was a greaseball.

Oh, I got my sample from High Cascade which has been lasting me forever with everyday use.

I have been using emu oil for over a month now. I do notice that it helps with bringing back color into my face and making it more supple, my problem is the emu oil drying out my face. I make sure that my skin is damp before applying but after a few days I have to stop using for a day or two then start again. I do, truly love it though.

i don't know if this is the same but i use vitamin e oil for like 2 weeks I just put it on day and night where my red marks and it has helped them aloooot

Emu oil is moisturizing, healing, anti-inflamatory, noncomedogenic, slightly antibacterial and is transdermal in quality.

Due to this transdermal nature, the effects of whatever you apply prior to the emu oil will be increased. It is advised not to apply AHA/BHA products underneath emu oil as it may result in excess dryness or peeling.

I've been using various peptide products plus emu oil to heal scarring.

you can do a search on emu oil, I would be careful on where you buy it, different sites have different oil.

A great place is Purple Emu I have their Blemish Control and Emu Oil.

Another place that I've bought soap and emu oil is Northwest Orca Soaps. She makes her own, I am currently using her "Simply Emu".

The key is getting oil that is more pure, not a lot of "junk" added and you want to apply it to a damp face, not dry.

I ordered some on eBay today. I really hope it works better then Jojoba oil (which I have no complaints for, but emu sounds waaaay more healing and nourishing).

Guest · Jake ·

I thought oil breaks you out...?

you can do a search on emu oil, I would be careful on where you buy it, different sites have different oil.

Another place that I've bought soap and emu oil is Northwest Orca Soaps. She makes her own, I am currently using her "Simply Emu".

The key is getting oil that is more pure, not a lot of "junk" added and you want to apply it to a damp face, not dry.

I have the purple emu blemish control too. I was wondering when in the regimine u apply it... do u use it as a moisturizer or do u put it on after washing and b4 moisturizing. Thanx!

Emu oil has cured my red marks. It works great. I use it as the moisturizer component of my regimen. Frankly, I think the pure stuff works better without any added moisturizer.

It won't "stay on your face" unless you use far more than is recommended. You don't need much. It absorbs slowly though.

Yep. With jojoba oil, 2-3 drops gets my entire face pretty good so hopefully the emu oil will be the same. The package should be here next week, so I'll post any results I have after that.

I have the purple emu blemish control too. I was wondering when in the regimine u apply it... do u use it as a moisturizer or do u put it on after washing and b4 moisturizing. Thanx!

At first I used it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I would wait about 10 minutes and then add my emu oil for a moisturizer. Now I have gotten to the point that I only use the creme at night and use the emu oil at night. I only wash in the morning.

the last few days i've started using emu oil products regularly and it seems to be working really well! i use the purlple emu blemish control in the morning and i use emu oil as a moisturizer at night. my skin is so much softer and the red spots seem to be going away alot quicker. i've only been using it for a week and i can already see results!!! :D good luck!

the last few days i've started using emu oil products regularly and it seems to be working really well! i use the purlple emu blemish control in the morning and i use emu oil as a moisturizer at night. my skin is so much softer and the red spots seem to be going away alot quicker. i've only been using it for a week and i can already see results!!! :D good luck!

I've been using the toothbrush method and moisturizing with my own moisturizer mixed with emu oil and that has kept me clear.

However I have dark blackheads on my t-zone still *ick*. Just a thought.. do you think emu oil has anything to do with it. Well with it being oil and sitting on your face? Emu oil has made my skin so great.. I just wish these dayam blackheads would go *poof* Do you think I should keep the emu oil away from my t-zone since it does not need much moisturizing? Any thoughts?

I've been using the toothbrush method and moisturizing with my own moisturizer mixed with emu oil and that has kept me clear.

However I have dark blackheads on my t-zone still *ick*. Just a thought.. do you think emu oil has anything to do with it. Well with it being oil and sitting on your face? Emu oil has made my skin so great.. I just wish these dayam blackheads would go *poof* Do you think I should keep the emu oil away from my t-zone since it does not need much moisturizing? Any thoughts?

No, I dont think emu oil is the cause. I've been using it for awhile and I've never had a blackhead. The oil doesn't clog pores so it shouldn't be breaking you out.

No, I dont think emu oil is the cause. I've been using it for awhile and I've never had a blackhead. The oil doesn't clog pores so it shouldn't be breaking you out.

OH, don't get me wrong. My whole regimen has been keeping me clear for 2 months now (besides the occasional one pimple during that time of th emonth :P). It's just those darn blackheads *grr*

I still love emu oil though. :wub:

My oil should be here any day now... It's getting hard to wait it sounds so good!

I just ordered 100% emu oil with no additives added off ebay... I'm on accutane so i'm gonna start applying this everynight since it's a moisturizer and hope to heal the marks as the tane heals the bumps...