Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drea

exercise and acne

I was wondering if anybody has ever had their acne flare up after rigorous exercise? I feel like I break out after going to the gym and getting sweat all over my face. It always looks bad right after, I guess because of the blood flow. Nonethless, the sweat is definitely contributing. Anybody have any ideas on how to prevent the sweat from clogging my pores? Moisturizer maybe? IDK...

whhooops maybe this belongs in another forum categrey.

Have a towel nearby to wipe it off and wash / take a shower as soon as possible after done exercising.

If anything I believe exercise and sweat can be good for our skin... clears out the gunk but if you don't get the sweat off it just sits a few inches down your face in which it gets reabsorbed :P Yeah shower as soon as you can, I usually have it really hot to start with then go cold for the last few minutes of my shower to close the pores. I don't like wiping my face with a towel so maybe if you can just run your head under some water! (as well as drinking lots too obviously)

I think short term, exercise can give you some break outs but long term it's much better for your acne.

I exercise my wang

lol i go to the gym about every day i play basketball and sweat when i come home wash my face and get in the shower when i do that i wash my face about times a day havent broke out in 11 weeks im also on a pill and tazaric but thats working for me.

i believe there there is a connection because before i strated working out ,i didnt have any body acne but while i was my back and shoulders were breaking out plenty ,so i stopped workin out and it went away..coincidence i doubt

My acne got worse when I exercise strenuously as well. This sounds dumb but I would wear makeup to the gym- red flag- i know. Anyway, the increase of blood flow to your face makes it appear as if is more red,that fades but its the sweat that gets you. You'r body increases adrenaline when you exercise and at the same time as your relieving stress, your body is riding itself of toxins by way of digestion ( exercise stimulates digestion- this is a fact) and the skin of course. So there are several factors that could contribute to an increase in acne. Its never unilateral, and its not everybody. Hope this helps :)

My acne got worse when I exercise strenuously as well. This sounds dumb but I would wear makeup to the gym- red flag- i know. Anyway, the increase of blood flow to your face makes it appear as if is more red,that fades but its the sweat that gets you. You'r body increases adrenaline when you exercise and at the same time as your relieving stress, your body is riding itself of toxins by way of digestion ( exercise stimulates digestion- this is a fact) and the skin of course. So there are several factors that could contribute to an increase in acne. Its never unilateral, and its not everybody. Hope this helps :)

The reason acne can look worse right after a workout is because circulation is increased giving skin a reddish or flushed apperence, which can make pimples look redder and red marks look even more red. Sweating doesn't help either, since makes the face appear oily. (I know....sweat isn't oil, it's mostly water, but the sweat pushes the oil to the surface of the skin, making a film over the sweat, which can make pores look larger, and further highlight scars and active pimples...yuck). I usually work out in the morning and wash my face and apply topicals after my workout....

For some regular vigerous or strenuous exercise can increase circluating hormones (including androgens), which can increase sebum production, but the effect is actually minimal, and it hasn't really been proven that exercise causes acne....

Strenuous exercise actually slows digeston. If you eat right before you attempt strenuous exercise then blood is sent to the working muscles and away from the intestines, which can hinder digestion and cause cramps and nasuea. This is the reason you shouldn't swim less than an hour after eating. Regular exercise can help your overall digestion system, since it increases your metabolism. But exercising on a full stomach isn't a great idea....the food just sits there until the bloodflow returns to normal....

P.S. What are toxins??? I don't get it...

it makes mine worse which sucks cus its one of the only pleasures i get :wall:

YA...I GET ALOT OF ENJOYMENT OUTTA EXERCISING TOO.......ITS GOOD FOR YOU.

For the males that work out and also break out from working out, are you taking any supplements ? I know when I was lifting weights I was taking whey and it made me break it ridiculously, that is the reason I stopped altogether. Now I am going to get back in but without taking any supplements, such as whey. I will get my proteins from boiled eggs, chicked, tuna etc.

yes, whey is no good dastardly dairy. I used soy protein powder and it tasted pretty good i don't know what the difference is though as far as which one is a longer lasting protein.

I was wondering if anybody has ever had their acne flare up after rigorous exercise? I feel like I break out after going to the gym and getting sweat all over my face. It always looks bad right after, I guess because of the blood flow. Nonethless, the sweat is definitely contributing. Anybody have any ideas on how to prevent the sweat from clogging my pores? Moisturizer maybe? IDK...

whhooops maybe this belongs in another forum categrey.

Totally that discourages me so much! I'm like ok, I need to loose weight AND get rid of my acne now. How ridiculous is that?! I don't understand how people say exercising is supposed to help clear acne, because it sure has never worked that way for me.

I HATE DRINKING WATER. I have to force myself to do it. I need it not only for my skin to be clearer but for my body as well, but I just dont like it. Any tips?

I HATE DRINKING WATER. I have to force myself to do it. I need it not only for my skin to be clearer but for my body as well, but I just dont like it. Any tips?

Try adding a little lemom to your water. Tastes good, and burns fat.

IF you dont like straight, plain lemon water and want it a little sweetened, try adding a few drops of Stevia, its a NATURAL sweetner.