Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaikai

Did you request accutane??

Did your dermo suggest accutane to you or did you go in and request it?

I'm thinking of just requesting it from a new dermo, my current one keeps giving me crap that does nothing for me and accutane worked for everyone i know.

I did, two doctors rejected me but then I went to a dermatalogist and he said nothing and just wrote it. :)

Yep. Doc spent a few minutes describing to me why I am not a canadadite for Accutane, then said "you could go and see a fancy Toronto doc, they'd probably prescribe it for you... so we'll do a low course for you."

Ask for it; worse thing they can do is chop off your head. Merry Chirstmas.

I did, two doctors rejected me but then I went to a dermatalogist and he said nothing and just wrote it. :)

That's great. My first doctor rejected me too. fi

Derm suggested it without telling me about any other options. My GP had already tried topicals and anti-biotics.

I tried tetracycline for far too long and had enough. Went back to Derm and he mentioned accutane but put me on Minocin first (WASTE OF TIME!). Went back last week and without requesting it verbally, he could see what I was asking and immediately agreed. He's a real understanding Derm and one of the best, if not the best in the UK.

For all UK people, his name is Dr. Zaki and he is based in Soilhull, West Midlands at the NHS hospital or Bupa. Go pay him a visit!

The first time I ever went to my derm he prescribed me Accutane right off the bat, no questions asked. This actually sort of made me scared, to think that a doc would just hand this stuff out. He didn't suggest anything else, he just said you should go on Accutane.