Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deeeleted

BlackTaxi2d's 80 mg Accutane Log ! I'm finally done !!

Well alright ! For those who dont know, I am a 17 year old male senior in high school and have had acne for what i think started sometime in 7th grade with large cysts on my chin. Well, to make a loooong story short, i still have acne haha. So take a look back here about every week. I'll be updating usually daily for the first month, then probably weekly after i start to clear up. Ill try and post as much useful info as possible and ill start right now...as i am about to leave for the pharmacy and pick up the prescription.

Day 1.

Well i feel fine i guess ! too much acne though and im going to get the meds now. im probably gonna eat something like a salad, rice and turkey for dinner and take the pill i guess during the meal ? half way through sounds appetizing ... well i have to go to work at 5-8 so nothing big compared to 8 hours yesterday ! to keep track of improvement...i will start with some before photos. sorry theyre kinda blurry. you can also check out my gallery they are pics from thanksgiving this year. EDIT:::GO TO PAGE 41 FOR PICS !

alright ! i am off to get the tane and wish me luck !!

-------------------------------

so yea i took 1 pill at 4:30 and one at 8:30. After the first pill and i was at work my face felt like it was on fire or something. Oh well and yea some nasty zit popped after i was drying my face from a shower it felt like it would never stop bleeding. hope it doesnt leave another scar... well yea i dont have any mental or physics problems aside from those. its the first day i didnt expect it. although i am doing 80 MG A DAY ! wow thats high im bracing for the initial breakout. the one im on is Claravis they come in packs of 10 with like millions of lines through pregnant women all over it lol so the pharmacy only had one pack...ill get more tomorrow they said . this stuff is actually kinda cheap $82.50 w/o insurance but i paid $5 for a months supply not bad. well im gonna read for school or something cya tomorrow !!

Oh yea i almost forgot. I will also be taking a high quality EFA softgel from swanson 1x a day to keep the triglycerides and bad cholesterol down while on the pill.

it has:

33% DV Vitamin E

400 mg Borage oil (omega 6 and 9)

400 mg fish oil (omega 3)

400 mg flax seed oil ( omega 3,6,9)

--------------------------------------

EDIT:: march 15, 2006

yea right, that didnt last, fish oil is too expensive. i stick to only vitamin E softgels 4 per day. thats actually a lot. like 1600 IU. whatever that means. and yea i stopped that later, i dont remember when but it says it somewhere in this beast

good luck man. im on like my 4th day and i can definately feel it in my system. start moisturizing your face and lips from the beginning nd drinking lots of water. hope all goes well!

Good luck, I'm on my third day and like everyone said, drink alot of water... I wasn't drinking alot (about 1L per day) and now my body hurts everywhere, I feel like if I was 60 yrs old...

Day 2

yeah im a little late...but i slept at my friends house with my team and we played flag football this morning practice for let it fly. well yea my main side effect so far are HEADACHES.Gosh i have one right now even and i had one like all day yesterday. Yea ive been taking lots of liquid and eating it with a big meal but i still get it. also my face has been REALLY dry and like i tried washing with the purpose bar soap - never doing that again. so i have to but some more purpose liquid cleanser stuff and maybe some more moisturizer to cope. well ill be on again tonite to post for day 3.

Day 3

holey crap headaches. i took an 800 mg ibuprofin and it kinda helped. yea i think i might be getting sick because i was playing football this morning in the ice florida cold lol 45 degrees. so yea i slept all day. not the best day. anyways. only one whitehead. amazing. my face is still getting dry.

ps dont wash with purpose bar soap unless you want your face to feel like a dry shoot of bamboo

--------------------------

well the day is now over...and my face is realllllly dry and peeling like a banana. off to bed...and i have nothing to wash my face with going to buy purpose cleanser tomorrow.

still have a headache but maybe its because im catching a cold.

Day 4

alright...well i have a few whiteheads here and there but overall my face doesnt look too terrible. a few cysts on my chin and cheek bones but its alright, nothing new. went to work today with a dry face but this mary kay aftershave balm moisturizes my face better than any other moisturizer ive ever used. it also doesnt leave me with that gross feeling of a moisturizer. oh yea some other effects are dry eyes. gosh. it was really red and my sister asked me if i was a stoner. other than that my headache went away when i got to work but it was there this morning. all is well !

I'm on my third day and I havent felt anything, nada. my lips were a little dry, but I dont feel anything different, and I'm on 80 mg's a day, what kind are you taking? I'm on Sotret.

well i just wanted to say hi and goodluck with accutane. im on my 3rd month, and its really an emotional roller coaster ride for me. Ive come so close to clearing up, and then the next day ill get a million net pimples. :(..im sure in the end we'll all be cleared :)

Day 5

well alright. heres the check list:

headaches - gone

dry skin - kinda like after a bad summer sunburn

lips - chapped and peeling really bad

muscles - aching when i move

bacne - worse than before

breakout - ON ITS WAY !

yea lots more new zits today...forehead corners, cheeks, jawline, T zone, oh boy im bracing !!

good thing its the holidays...i can just relax after today.

note to self (and whoever else wants to take it) - never work 8 hours at the local grocery store on Christmas Eve. NEVER !!! my legs are killing me from standing up the whole day now.

Haha I worked at walmart one summer :eh: But the past summers I lifeguard, best job excpet the sun is bad for your face sometimes

so since my face ( and ears) are peeling extreemely bad...i decided to moisturize my whole face with eucerin that the doc gave me since i heard that you can get eczema (sp?) if you dont moisturize every day.

i hope im doing the right thing !!

anyone have any suggestions about moisturizing at night...this cream burns like shit when i put it on and uh...im kinda running out of it too ... help !!!

Day 6

Damn...today was christmas and i started it with a grand bloody nose. it wouldnt stop bleeding either ! anyways heres the list:

dry skin: terrible...all over my face

lips: chapped so bad - i need chapstick like every hour or 2

bacne: tons of whiteheads

initial breakout: started.

ok. the initial breakout is starting. heres the deal. 10/11 active whiteheads. 3 active cysts/nodule things. the cysts really hurt and are so damn tender and deep this could be a problem. oh well my nose looks like a damn sponge because its peeled so much. well im going to play some christmas games like quake 4 or serious sam 2. maybe listening to some new music or whatever...its christmas i can forget about acne now.

Guess what ? week 1 is officially over. that means a time for picture updates. mind you, i only washed my face early this morning and havent moisturized since then - but either way its still peeling like all hell, the pictures accurately show it i think. i also havent really been picking but maybe rubbing my face while playing a game or something thats why there are some kinds of scabs i guess...however they also ripped open while sleeping and/or showering.

Day 7

peeling ! breakout !

ahh the life of a week 1 ending accutane patient: heres some pictures click the links

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

yep. my face looks terrible.

i fiinished my first week recently...... dont worry about it the more you do the more you'll obsess and it will look worse.. this thing will be over be4 u no it and youll be clear! good luck

Day 9

well, last night i had a bachache like really bad after cleaning my room. stayed up too late and now my throat is hurting...prolly not related to the accutane though...well my face is still dry as hell, lots of zits and cysts and also the skin is drying really bad where the whiteheads are and they like ooze out. its basically the grossest thing ive seen in a long time. thank god for long winter breaks. hope i get over this sore throat i have now. and that these 20 something zits go away before school starts again next year.

anyways...not much happening just playing quake 4 all day sounding like a nerd but what else am i supposed to do when my face looks like ass and i dont want to go out ? im content with just hanging out...

haha, I played counterstrike for like 4 hours straight today :) Hopefully I will start breaking out soon so I can stay inside when it happens haha.

Day 10

wanna hear something disgusting ? haha and ill bet ull be surprised to hear its not about my acne. i just brushed my teeth for the first time in one week. ewwww. accutane made me forget any hygiene i had because it makes me not want to go out ever again !!!

anyways so i went in my hottub after my tooth brushing experience and got out and watched tv for like 15 minutes and then realized my face was hurting. looked in the mirror and it looked like snow fell all over my face it was peeling sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly. to make a long story short...i then took as much moisturizer as i could find and just covered my face in it. so it stopped hurting and eventually went away. anyways im about to go take a shower.

face is still peeling and lots of now zits on each cheek...not to mention my back also. :boohoo:

If i had a hot tub it would be like this...IPB Image

huh ? your picture link doesnt work i guess either way the hottub is sweet...so long as you are in it though...because once i get out i look like a polar bear on my face

EDIT: tk it wasnt working before i swear !!!

You started accutane the same time as me :D I wish my face would start peeling already. It's not even that dry for me to moisturize or anything.

good luck with your treatment, your dry face should disappear soon enough and the back pain is a total bitch. have a look at my log, only just started it though.