Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aimster

Drink Green Tea and take oil of oregano

When I consistently drink cups of Green tea, about three per day, my acne gets considerably better. There is something in Green tea called polyphenols, which are good at building the immune system--Green tea also contains exceptional nutrients like zinc and vitamin C.

Not only can you drink green tea internally, you can apply green tea topically, and just recently an asian scientist suggested that the results produced topically are equal to BP, without all the harsh side effects. Personally, I'm partial to BP, but Green tea in general is wonderful for you. I get a certain kind called genmai cha from Adagio.com, and it is wonderful. It tastes like toasted rice and popcorn. I also like the Stash brand.

To tell you a little bit about my story. I have suffered with acne for over 10 years. I have been on everything from accutane, retin-a, differin, benzaclin, spiranolactone. I have had better luck using natural remedies and doing the clear skin regimen. I also recently had a large tumor removed from my ovary that was wreaking havoc! Ladies, get your hormones checked! I'm happy to say, that I am sooo much clearer now. :dance:

Here is some research into polyphenols and Green tea:

http://www.aim4health.com/greentea.htm

I have also taken oil of oregano. Oregano is great for fighting candida, and has an antibiotic affect. You can also apply it topically like tea tree oil, and it works just as well if not better. Oregano is a natural antiseptic. I buy my capsules at Walgreens. I popped about 2-3 a day when I had bad breakouts. It also freshens breath and helps with stomach problems and inflammation. I had better success with this than B5. I got very sick from B5 usage and it breaks the pocketbook! Oil of Oregano is accessible and affordable. You name it--I've tried it, but this was one of the best natural remedies I used. You can also mix the oil into a mild face cleanser and wash your face with it. I know that sounds weird, but it is a natural antiseptic, and therefore, did not break me out.

Here is some research on it:

Oil Of Oregano And Infections.

By: Pieternel Van Giersbergen

I'd like to share with you a healing substance that can improve your life and the life of your friends in an extraordinary way. It's a versatile herbal medicine that truly merits the name "a medicine chest in a bottle". Whether you are traveling, at home or at your job, when you need first aid, pain relief, or natural anitibiotic action, this one product can truly "do it all".

Why is Oil of Oregano so special? It is composed of pure olive oil infused with a concentration of oregano that is 85 % carvacrol, which is extremely antiseptic. Thymol is another antiseptic that works synergistically with carvacol, along with 50 other antiseptic and healing compounds. The result is an amazingly broad number of healing properties with applications throughout the body.

Oil of Oregano is a natural, broad-spectrum antibiotic. This means that even if you don't know where an infection originates, the Oil of Oregano will find and attack it. Besides this it is anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-parasite and a remedy for yeast/candida overgrowth.

These wonderful properties make it effective in curing and relieving innumerable maladies, including:

Allergies, Arthritis, Backpain, Boils, Bruises, Congestion, Contusion, Cysts, Ear infection, Infections, Flu, Food poisoning, Fungus, Headaches, Muscle Pains, Otitis media, Parasites, Pneumonia, Sinusitis, Sprains UTI

Oil of Oregano is a natural antibiotic that has no side effects. Pharmaceutical antibiotics have many side effects, such as diarrhea and weakening of the immune system. Research even tells us that after we follow 23 cycles of treatment with antibiotics, we have "earned" an increased risk of cancer. Makes you thinkâ€Â¦ no?

Oil of Oregano can also cure insidious yeast infections and candida (which are, interestingly, yet another possible side effect of antibiotics). These stubborn conditions simply require a bit more understanding and a more prolonged approach.

If you think Oil of Oregano sounds like a miracle drug - excuse me, miracle herb - then you've got the point exactly.

Warmly, Pieternel van Giersbergen.

About the author: Pieternel has been an R.N for over 25 years. She develops natural products for preventive health and is an expert on natural health issues. Her site http://www.pieternel.com has over 120 articles about healing yourself and staying healthy.

Hope this helps,

Aimster

:D

Popcorn and toasted rice? That sounds like an oolong if not a black. Green shouldn't taste like "toasted" anything.

I drink tons of green tea, but frankly I doubt it does squat topically. One definate medical trait I've noticed is that it helps digestion. And keeps you regular as all hell. It's like Tid-E-Bowl for the ol' poop shoot.

And keeps you regular as all hell. It's like Tid-E-Bowl for the ol' poop shoot.

:lol2:

That's just to funny!! But it is so true! I love my green tea!! :wub:

Popcorn and toasted rice? That sounds like an oolong if not a black. Green shouldn't taste like "toasted" anything.

You would think so, but it isn't, it's green--it what they add to it, click on the link--

http://www.adagio.com/green/genmai_cha.html

I drink tons of green tea, but frankly I doubt it does squat topically. One definate medical trait I've noticed is that it helps digestion. And keeps you regular as all hell. It's like Tid-E-Bowl for the ol' poop shoot.

Yeah, I'm skeptical about it topically. I think BP would be better. I think Green tea is good for internal cleansing and nutrition.