Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LionQueen

Product whore turns a new trick

Your so funny. When I have PMS I'm in complete denial, I'm like "I am NOT crabby :mad: " haha

I hope your skin is back to WOW by this weekend. Vegas baby.....have fun. Ha what am I saying? Is it even possible to not have fun in Vegas?

Okay, one last update for the day ...

My chin is quite pink, as if it's had too much sun ... I think it's the new Retin A. Less irritating, my foot. I think this stuff is way stronger than what I was using.

The good news is that the hormonal-looking bump has gone WAY down. Not much more than a pink spot now. Let's hear it for mysterious Hungarian herbal spot treatments.

No retinoids OR mandelic tonight ... nothing but moisturizer ... Vegas awaits me!

Is it even possible to not have fun in Vegas?

DAMN this Retin A Micro .... *kicks self in ass*

I totally outsmarted myself this week. I read everywhere how RAM was so much *less* irritating than the regular stuff. I was already using 0.1%, so I figured it would be a cakewalk to switch. I had just given myself a day off from the retinoids, my skin looked great, and for once in my life I was conservative and only used a TINY pea-sized blob of the stuff to cover my whole face ...

And everything has promptly gone to crap. You'd think my skin had never seen Retin A before.

No retinoids yesterday at all. And STILL today my lower face is red and peeling. And the hormonal lump on my jaw has come back, big and red and hard. And the usual PMS-related tide of sebum is coming up in my pores ... thank God for the mandelic, which is keeping the pores unclogged, but I can still see how much more gooey and congested they are today ... everything looked perfectly tight and clear last night!

Anyway, I am shelving the RAM until I get back from Vegas ... and I'm going to take it easy again today and just cross my fingers.

No idea what to do about the lump. I haven't had anything like this in months. Maybe I will ice it if I get some time later on today.

Gotta run ...

HI Lionqueen, Retin a micro can't be bit harsh-I agree. I am using the .04% every other day and my skin still looks irritated especially compared to how it looked on differin, which was not red at all:) Ah well. Is your skin much more senstive now that you are on the mandelic acid and retin a? I'm thinking of ordering a small bottle and see how it goes, once my skin is a little less red and irritated.:) When I have PMS, I use a little Hydrocotrizone cream on my big bumps-it seem to help. I hop eit goes away soon:) Anyways, I hope you have a wodnerful time in Vegas!! What part fo the Bay area do you live? I used to live in Berkeley and recently moved back east for a while but I miss it terribly!

Sorry to hear about the irritation with the retin-a but knowing you, you'll probably fix it up in no time.

Have fun in Vegas - I expect to hear about some major winnings when you get back :D !

lionqueen let me know at ya think???

Current regimen:

AM Purpose liquid wash, cetaphil spf 15 mosturizer

PM Purpose liquid wash, GC 6

I just got the GC 6 last week and am working my way up to every night. Tonight I ordered GOW Mandelic 10% Alcohol free to try to add to my regimen in the am.

I was also thinking of getthing the emu oil/ hyaluronic acid (both or one??) for mosturizer.

Is my wash okay?? I aslo take GNC Womens Vita pak, eat mostly healthy. Drink lots of water. Love it!!

Makeup, waiting on new mineral makeup Raesin Images.

I am 25 female clearing up from mild to moderate acne from last 3yrs. I have a lot of clogged pores and redmarks I would like to clear up. Thanks in advance!! :-)

Is your skin much more senstive now that you are on the mandelic acid and retin a? I'm thinking of ordering a small bottle and see how it goes, once my skin is a little less red and irritated.

........... Anyways, I hope you have a wodnerful time in Vegas!! What part fo the Bay area do you live? I used to live in Berkeley and recently moved back east for a while but I miss it terribly!

Yes, it's definitely a little tricky balancing out the mandelic with the retinoids ... I think you have to be pretty well adjusted to the retinoid before you can add in the mandelic. I thought I was, but this stuff surprised me. :(

The good news is the mandelic is working wonderfully well ... the clear pores are well worth a few bumps in the road ...

I live in the Oakland Hills ... am watching the sun set over Mt. Tam right now! But we are moving to Wisconsin in a couple of months. I know it will be a terrible wrench to leave the Bay Area ... there's no place like it.

Sorry to hear about the irritation with the retin-a but knowing you, you'll probably fix it up in no time.

Have fun in Vegas - I expect to hear about some major winnings when you get back :D !

Thanks, hon. Things are looking a little better ... I am hoping for an overnight miracle ...

Major winnings in Vegas are unlikely. I'm going for everything BUT the gambling! Spa, pool, restaurants, clubs ... maybe a little shopping .... my philosophy is, if I'm gonna be out a couple hundred bucks at the end of the weekend, I might as well have a fabulous pair of shoes to show for it. :)

I can't wait to hear all the juicy details. Don't hold out on us Queen.

I wouldn't hold out on you, Bobbi!

Got a sexy auburn wig, long layers, bangs ... am not sure whether I look like a glamour girl or a hooker ...

Current regimen:

AM Purpose liquid wash, cetaphil spf 15 mosturizer

PM Purpose liquid wash, GC 6

I just got the GC 6 last week and am working my way up to every night. Tonight I ordered GOW Mandelic 10% Alcohol free to try to add to my regimen in the am.

I was also thinking of getthing the emu oil/ hyaluronic acid (both or one??) for mosturizer.

Is my wash okay??

Yeah, I think Purpose is okay ... usually the bar cleansers are better than the liquids though. For some reason the bars have fewer or no detergents ... you might try to get the Purpose or Cetaphil bar next time.

I love the emu/HA combo, and most days it's all I need for moisture. I do keep a heavier one in the drawer for dry days, though ...

Good luck with your new regimen, I hope it works out great for you! Don't use the mandelic on your skin if you have any sunburn or irritation at all. (voice of painful experience)

Have fun in Vegas! I hear you about shopping over gambling ...I haven't got good enough sense to get out when I'm winning, so gambling almost always means I'm losing money. These days, the only time I put money on anything is a $5 buy in for some Texas Hold 'Em with friends. ;) So anyway, have fun, stay safe, and tell us all about it when you return!

p.s. I've got my fingers crossed that your skin will be all recovered in time for the fun weekend!

Queen-did you already get rid of your Retin A cream? I hope not since your not loving the RAM. I'm so sorry. I am sending good thoughts for clear skin in Vegas.

I don't go to Vegas to gamble either, I might put some money in a slot machine but I'm with you I'd rather go to the Forum and blow my money there, at least I'm going home with something.

You better take pictures of you in your glamour girl/hooker get up. I want to see. :D

Queen-did you already get rid of your Retin A cream? I hope not since your not loving the RAM. I'm so sorry. I am sending good thoughts for clear skin in Vegas.

I don't go to Vegas to gamble either, I might put some money in a slot machine but I'm with you I'd rather go to the Forum and blow my money there, at least I'm going home with something.

You better take pictures of you in your glamour girl/hooker get up. I want to see. :D

Hahah, yeah I'm not really into gambling that much but slots are so much fun. Mind you, I'd probably get easily addicted.

Aaand, I don't think I'm of legal age anyways ... :shifty:

***YAWN***

Don't mind me ... I'm more than a little sleep-deprived.

I have to go pick up my kids in a little bit, so this is just a skin update ... I'll post a Vegas update later for enquiring minds ... :)

So I left for Vegas last Friday morning with a Retin A-fried face, a huge red hormonal bump just under my jawline, and a full-on PMS breakout on its way (smallish zits on chin, mouth, and nose). Let's just say it was far, very far, from being a WOW skin day. Thank God for makeup. I may hate wearing it, but I'm just so glad it's an option.

The fried part improved quite rapidly ... I used no active products at all for the whole weekend, nothing but tons of moisturizer and a tinted sunscreen. I also took a whole bunch of steam baths, courtesy of the Bellagio ... more on that later ... anyway, I was able to get back to normal, hydrated skin pretty quickly.

The huge red bump gradually improved, but is still a large pink spot. Luckily it was not in a very prominent place, and my cover stick did a pretty good job camouflaging it. Ditto the PMS zits ... they just kept popping up and I just kept covering them up, and they never became a real problem. I was not about to let a few zits stand between me and a good time this weekend, and they definitely did not.

Cautionary Green Cream tale: A month or two back, I recommended Green Cream to a couple of my girlfriends who came on this trip with me. One of them fell in love with it and has been using Level 6 regularly ever since then. So .... right before the Vegas trip, she decided to wax her eyebrows. She doesn't use GC under her eyebrow line, so it never occurred to her that this might be a problem ... until she went to pull the wax off and removed a couple layers of skin in the process ....

I was not the only one making drastic use of the cover stick this weekend ..... :(

Last night I used the Retin A Micro again, followed by copper peptides and emu oil. Everything looked perfectly fine this morning ... no redness or irritation at all. The PMS zits have pretty much run their course, and the pink spot will probably hang around for awhile but is not a big issue. Anyway, I used the 10% mandelic this morning, followed by moisturizer and tinted sunscreen.

A couple of routine changes to try to avert further RAM disasters:

I have decided that I need to use the Linda Sy moisturizer more often ... the HA and emu is great, but not enough when my skin starts getting truly parched. I'm also hoping that the Linda Sy will help get me through the adjustment to Retin A Micro!

I'm also thinking that during the summer months, I may use retinoids only at night, and use the DY Triple C Serum with the mandelic in the mornings. The Triple C is a powerful antioxidant and with the amount of time I spend outdoors in the summer, I think I'll need all the help I can get.

OK, gotta run! More about Vegas later. :)

Sara

I'm glad you didn't let your skin issues ruin your weekend! And it's interesting that you should post about your girlfriend having waxing issues, as I was just reading a topic about this in the prescription meds forum the other day. A esthetician posted a response, saying that even if you don't apply retinoids around your eyes, they still migrate there and weaken the skin. She suggested quitting all retinoids for a week prior to any sort of facial waxing.

I have a question for how: when, how, and how much do you apply your CP serum? I keep hearing cautionary tales about going slowly with CPs, but can't seem to find anything on the actual process of applying. Do you simply spot treat where there is bad scarring, or do you apply all over? What is a reasonable amount to apply? I'm very curious!

I have a question for how: when, how, and how much do you apply your CP serum? I keep hearing cautionary tales about going slowly with CPs, but can't seem to find anything on the actual process of applying. Do you simply spot treat where there is bad scarring, or do you apply all over? What is a reasonable amount to apply? I'm very curious!

Pam's log has some good detailed info on how to start very, very slowly with CPs ... she has sensitive skin, so she was diluting the serum with water.

I would advise that you use CPs once a day, at night. Some people use it 2x daily, but I find that it leaves a faint blue tint on my skin which I do not enjoy ... also I just don't like having the extra layer of stuff on my face all day! So what I am doing right now is using CPs at night, after the retinoids. After Retin A I wait 5-10 minutes, just to give it a little time to absorb. After GC I wait at least 30-45 minutes. Then I put a few drops of CP serum in the palm of my hand and dab the serum all over my face. After the CPs, I wait another 5-10 minutes and then apply emu oil and moisturizer.

CPs aren't just for scarring ... they also help your skin barrier to repair itself. So they are an excellent complement to Retin A, because retinoids thin the epidermis and compromise the skin barrier. If you have pitted scars, do not expect any miracles ... those are notoriously hard to remodel. But if you have visible scar tissue or raised scars, I do believe CPs can help.

Can you believe this??? Now that I am back to my humdrum life, my skin has instantly gone back to WOWness. Clearly it was just trying to torture me.

No trace of the PMS zits except a very faint pink mark on my jaw from the former big bump. No peeling. No clogged pores or blackheads. Smooth and hydrated all over.

Oh, the irony.

Anyway ... I used GC-6 over the 10% mandelic serum last night, with lots of moisturizer and emu oil to follow. Woke up and used 15% mandelic + Vit C serum this morning ... am going up now to add moisturizer and sunscreen.

Ok Queen your skin was torturing you, now your torturing us. Tell us about your weekend!! :D

Hi,

I want to try the Vitamin A cram along with Greencream and emu oil.

Could you tell me how you use them all together at once?

Also... what do you recommend for a bumpy red nose? Any ideas? Acne that left my nose left red bumps which are not active acne :(

Also which multivitamin are you taking? How much calcium?

Are you using Retin-A? Would you recommend that I get a Retin-A from doctor or use vitamin a and use green cream?

also about acne scars... what are you using? Super CP serum? Could you please PM me your daily routine detailed? For example, how you use each product, how long you wait, hot water, cold water, etc. I am really looking forward to trying some of your stuff to reduce scars and oil.

I want to try the Vitamin A cram along with Greencream and emu oil.

Could you tell me how you use them all together at once?

Also... what do you recommend for a bumpy red nose? Any ideas? Acne that left my nose left red bumps which are not active acne :(

Also which multivitamin are you taking? How much calcium?

Are you using Retin-A? Would you recommend that I get a Retin-A from doctor or use vitamin a and use green cream?

also about acne scars... what are you using? Super CP serum? Could you please PM me your daily routine detailed? For example, how you use each product, how long you wait, hot water, cold water, etc. I am really looking forward to trying some of your stuff to reduce scars and oil.

Hey there ...

If you want to work on scars and bumps, I think Retin A is going to be far more effective than Green Cream ... and depending on your insurance, it might be cheaper as well. So I suggest that you go that route if that's your priority.

Retin A users do tend to report increased oiliness ... I am not sure why that is, but they do. I got much less oily when I was using only GC, then got oilier again when I started with the Retin A ... but I'm finding now that moisturizing more often seems to keep the oil in check very well. I have no idea why that is, either, but it's working for me.

The mandelic acid might really help your nose, as might the Retin A, and exfoliation couldn't hurt either.

I am not using the topical Vitamin A any more ... don't think it was necessary with Green Cream.

Anyway, here is my current routine in detail:

MORNINGS

Cleanse gently with lukewarm water and Linda Sy oatmeal cleanser.

If skin is flaky, exfoliate with Physiodermie biogommage and toothbrush.

Apply 15% Mandelic Marine Serum (NO ALCOHOL) from Garden of Wisdom to face and jaw.

Apply Triple C serum from Diana Yvonne to face and jaw.

--- WAIT AT LEAST 30 MINUTES ----

Apply Linda Sy moisturizer for dry skin.

Apply Murad oil-free tinted sunscreen.

EVENINGS

Cleanse gently with lukewarm water and Linda Sy oatmeal cleanser.

If skin is flaky, exfoliate with Physiodermie biogommage and toothbrush.

(the following 2 routines are for alternate evenings)

1) Apply 10% Mandelic Marine Serum (NO ALCOHOL) from Garden of Wisdom to face and jaw. Wait 30 minutes. Apply Green Cream 6 or 9 to face and jaw, and Green Cream 3 to neck and chest. Wait 30 minutes. Apply Super CP Serum from SkinBio. Wait 5-10 minutes. Apply Linda Sy moisturizer and emu oil.

-- OR --

2) Apply Retin A Micro gel 0.1% to face and jaw and Green Cream 3 to neck and chest. Wait 5-10 minutes. Apply Super CP Serum. Wait 5-10 minutes. Apply Linda Sy moisturizer and emu oil.

ON SUNDAYS: No retinoids, CPs, or mandelic acid.

I am taking the PharmAssure Women's Biomultiple supplement plus 2 tabs of Citracal daily.

Hope this helps ...

Ok Queen your skin was torturing you, now your torturing us. Tell us about your weekend!! :D

Okay, here goes.

This was a blowout Vegas weekend to celebrate my girlfriend Mariah's 35th birthday. Her husband got her a suite at the Bellagio and she and I decided to share it. So we got there Friday afternoon for check-in, our suite wasn't ready ... and they upgraded us to a PENTHOUSE. Omigod, it was huge. 2.5 baths, LR, DR, full bar, huge jacuzzi tub, huge steam shower, acres of closet space, flatscreen TVs in every room .... HUGE.

So that was Party Central for the weekend.

Friday night was wig night ... the six of us downed a huge amount of champagne, donned our wigs, dined at Fix (in the Bellagio) -- and our waiter practically forced free passes to Light (the Bellagio nightclub) on us. Well, when we got there, we could see why ... it totally sucked. Lousy drinks, zero atmosphere, generally blah. We didn't stay late. Waste of a good wig.

Saturday was a very, very lazy day ... we lounged by the pool until it got unbearably hot, then went to the spa for an afternoon of hot tubbing, steam baths, and treatments. I had a lovely hot oil massage that I wish had gone on for three times as long as it did, and fell asleep (seriously) in the steam bath afterward. Finally made it back up to the suite ... we pre-gamed for a few hours and then went over to the Venetian for lychee martinis, dinner, and dancing at Tao. Awesome place, really hip and cool and FUN. I went to the NYC Tao last fall with another gang of girls and preferred it ... it was classier and the food and drinks were better ... but the Vegas version was still great. We were there past 2, then went on to a strip club.

Yeah, I know ... we were pretty blitzed. But we'd been talking about doing it for months, so we went! The taxi drivers recommended a place called the Olympic Gardens, which turned out to be a totally sleazy dive. We got upstairs and 4 of the girls took one look around and BOLTED for the bathroom ... so Mariah and I saved places by the runway for them and ordered a round of drinks. Wouldn't you know it, the other 4 came back and said "we're leaving!!!!"

Not me ... not Mariah. We stuck it out till last call. The place was a dive, but the guys were GORGEOUS ... and really sweet ... as long as you kept handing out money. Which we did. We were very popular. :angel:

Sunday, as you might imagine, was extremely mellow. The 4 chickenshit girls left early ... Mariah and I had a leisurely lunch, shopped the ritzy boutiques (mostly windowshopping, but I did splurge for a fabulous pair of shades), then headed for the airport. Ugh. It was packed, dirty, and full of drunk, noisy, and obnoxious people ... by the time I made it on my flight I was ready to say goodbye to Vegas for a year or so ...

My husband picked me up at the curb ... the kids were in back, bouncing up and down, clapping their hands, grinning from ear to ear ...

Gosh, I'm really glad to be home.

And that's it. :)

What an excellent account of the weekend. You are such a good storyteller. ;)

Wow, a penthouse! Talk about spending the weekend in style. Don't you just love with establishment flubs work in your benefit? :dance:

Your weekend of fun and partying makes me just itch to go on a trip myself. I was almost going to take a trip to Vegas this summer, but plane tickets in the summertime are absolutely outrageous ($400 round trip ...I can take a cruise cheaper than that!). Anyway, I'm glad you had fun, so we can all live vicariously through you! :lol:

Thanks, girlfriends!

Now for a quick skin update. Still looking really good ... a teensy bit flaky on chin and temples, but not dry or irritated anywhere. I was at the pool most of the day but wore my sunblock and managed to avoid any redness, so I think I'm good to go with the RAM, CPs, moisturizer and emu tonight.

Hoping I have the RAM figured out now ... we shall see ...

Just ordered some new products from the Dermadoctor site. I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, thighs, and butt, and Dermadoctor makes a scrub and lotion especially formulated to control KP. Thought I'd give those a try. I also got a box of the GoSmile ampoules ... loved the sample Sephora sent me ....

Oh ... and I got my forehead Botoxed yesterday, both the horizontal and vertical lines. It hasn't kicked in yet, though ... takes a few days. Can't wait. :)