Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hasbeen

Demodex Solutions (ZZ cream)

Hopefully that ridiculous ban on the topic is gone. I've been using this cream for roughly 4 weeks now. Initially (during the first 2 weeks) I've noticed less redness, but since then I didn't notice much change. I'm coming to the point where I'm questioning whether or not to continue or try something else. Thus I was curious if anyone has actually had the same success as papines claimed? A while back when this was a hot topic, I noticed a few people trying it out, so I'm especially interested on how it worked for them.

My routine is/was to wash my face in the morning and evening with just soap/water while only applying the cream on the entire face in the evening. My main issue is that it seemed to also have a drying effect, and that even if I just wash with mild soap and water, that my skin dries out, forcing me to use some type of moisturizer.

Anyway, I'm interested in how it worked for others and if it's worth investing more time in it. Thanks

I also used the DS products for about 4 weeks but then concluded that mites were not actually my problem. I just have a bad case of clogged pores. (I'm now using a combination of high-retinol Green Cream and topical Vitamin A to purge my pores, and it seems to be working pretty well so far.)

I'm still keeping my ZZ cream around to use as a spot treatment because it's incredibly effective at drying up pimples. If I feel a sore spot coming up, I put a blob of the ZZ on and leave it overnight (without rubbing it in) and always see a major improvement in the morning. As an overall skin treatment, though, ZZ didn't work for me; WAY too drying. My personal unscientific opinion is that it would work best for people who have cystic acne and/or extremely oily skin.

I'm keeping an open mind about the demodex mite theory because it seems totally logical to me that any organism that (1) helps to transport P.Acnes bacteria into the skin and (2) dies and rots away under the skin (yuck!) could well be contributing to some people's troubles.

As far as the DS products go, I can only say that they seemed like perfectly decent products, just not the right ones for me. I don't think I would ever have ordered them if I had first spent time on this board reading about their effects, because I would have known better than to buy something so drying (I can't use BP either). My aesthetician put the idea of the mites in my head, and it seemed logical for awhile, but now I'm quite sure that mites are not the cause of my skin problems.

Q

I don't use the DS products to battle mites. Instead I use Face Doctor soap and cream. For my results, it's going fine but still not 100% clear.

shunts, who is also on this board, is using the ZZ Cream with some success. We both believe that it takes time for these treatments to have effect. DS website mentions that you should use ZZ cream for 3 months before significant improvement, although there are cases that clear up fast.

I would suggest investing more time into the product, but I will be able to offer better advice in 2 months or so. Take care.

I am still using the product, after about 4 weeks. I really like it and will continue to use it up until the 3 month period. I feel like its the only topical that has actually worked for me. Not completely clear yet but mostly.

I think users should keep hope, dont look for information on this board though the mods do not like anything to do with demodex for whatever reason. There was some real useful stuff in the other thread aside from all the bullshti comments but it was still deleted, shame. Keep updated everyone who uses it.

If anyone wants some unopened DS product (1 ZZ cream, 1 X cream, 3 cleansers) PM me and I will send it to you. It's on me. Merry Xmas.

Q

EDIT: Sorry ... it's been snapped up! ... merry xmas anyway. :) it's the thought that counts, right?

Q

hi..I am 3 weeks in.. I apply ZZ every evening...and only apply XFML 2-3 times a week.. I had bad initial breakouts in the 1st 10 days... big sore cysts...+ clogged pores surfacing.. but now..i am pretty clear...(90%)... almost all clogged pores are gone... My face is smooth...my oily skin condition is gone....and pores are smaller... I will make another update later... I hope this improvement will continue...

These products also break my hormonal acne cycle.... i should be breakin out crazy NOW...as my period is coming in less than a week... However, my skin is in its clearest state ever....

Walter explained to me that my acne may be caused my hormones DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY... The mites population increases dramatically DURING THOSE DAYS...as my hormones change and oil production increases... thus causing more REACTIONS to mites (breakouts...rash..etc) by the immune system.