Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has anyone every tried that? putting toothpaste on a pimple to dry it out? does it actually work? everytime i tried it i always woke up with a red circle on my face were i dabbed the toothpaste.

just curious

Toothpaste does not work for me at all. Dry red splotch on my face over top of the pimple I was trying to destroy.

i have used toothpaste on spots before and it burnt the skin on my cheek. it did not look very nice :)

Theoretically, any kind of paste you put on your face will help to draw out the pimple. The redness you are experiencing is possibly due to irritation caused by other ingredients in the toothpaste. If I were you, I'd just put a thick dot of bp paste on the spot and leave it overnight. It will work at least as well as and probably better than the toothpaste. I use this method when I feel a pimple comming on, and it's pretty effective, though not perfect. The pimple does seem to come in smaller than anticipated when I use it, and it dries up faster if I keep using the bp paste overnight.

god never in my life will i use tooth paste again... i tried it once, god, i donno what i was thinking.