Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone used benzamyacin and then switched to Dan's regimen with benzol peroxide? Was it relatively easy to go from one to the other? I'm just trying to get an idea on if I will be able to start out with a higher amount of BP at the beginning. Are there huge breakouts with the regime at the beginning?

Has anyone used benzamyacin and then switched to Dan's regimen with benzol peroxide? Was it relatively easy to go from one to the other? I'm just trying to get an idea on if I will be able to start out with a higher amount of BP at the beginning. Are there huge breakouts with the regime at the beginning?

Alo :)

I don't know what's that benzamycin thing, but sounds like something with antibiotic. In my experience, antibiotics never worked against my acne, whether alone or combined with other treatments. They just messed my skin and body overall.

If you're gonna start on the regimen, perhaps you should give your skin a break before (say 2 weeks). Once you get started, really, don't do it too fast. I know you've probably read this several times but here it goes again: increase the ammount very slowly. Be patient.

I didn-t experience any huge breakouts. On the contrary, I started healing from day 1. Others have reported breakouts that eventually healed when keeping patiently and steadily on the regimen.

Good luck

Benzamycin is a topical mixture of benzoyl peroxide and erythromycin. You should be able to transfer right over to the CSR. Start out with about half the recommended amount of bp though and if that is fine for a few days, you can go ahead to the full amount if you think you will do okay with it.

Good luck!

i have used benzamycin for something like 10 years now with no resistance. i adore it. i used it as my BP and find it works wonders....why switch??