Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr Tom

Tom's accutane adventure

hola friends & fighters! "estoy embarazado" means "i´m pregnant" my mate emma has just read aloud from the phrase book. we´re waiting in granada bus station for our connection to the airport. emma´s not pregnant, or her boyfriend John´s been keeping shtuum! funny using a keyboard after a week away from the ol´computer....welcome break, but have missed all your banter. thanks for all your messages folks. will reply properly when back in uk. skiing has been ace; quite overcast and snowy, but that´s been good for the skin exposure. slapped on the SPF30 every two seconds, and wore my climbing balaclava thingy and goggles which made me look like an IRA terrorist. so, no burnt skin! and still no spots!! sorry for exclamations!!!! lovely infamous tane rash on both hands, but what´s a rash between friends when there are no lumps and bumps. anywhere :D due to the overwhelming public pressure i will indeed get some pics on here when i get home. am not brad pitt, but perhaps that´s a good thing. "¿le molesta que dé de pecho aqui?" means "do you mind if i breast feed here?" ! something broody is happening to emma´s choice of phrases. getting bus in 10 minutes, so will sign off friends. love across the miles. thanks for the continued support...hope the tane trip is smiling on you too :D as ever, mr tom

Dear Beautiful People. This bit's like those Oscar speeches, where they thank an army of people while everyone else goes to the bar. Ellie Lemon - I'm shipping you a box of snow right away. Have you started tane yet? And is your surname lemon? I like lemons. Jimbo - always a pleasure to see your name pop up on here. What's da crack with your tane journey? Just been my half term, so am theoretically fired up for school tomorrow :liar:Shunts - 'tane superstar' is pushing it....I see myself on par with Philip Schofield's second cousin :DPimples and Wrinkles - the SPF30 and full cover-up stopped any sun damage, but I know I'm solar sensitive even without tane so am not taking any chances. If in doubt, slap it on. Nice Helen - nighty night, sleep tight. My bed is calling after the grimness of kipping on Gatwick's floor! Lovely to talk.

Face-wise, all still positive. Red marks taking an eternity to fade, but I try and remind myself every day of how far things have come on already.

Last word; a women on a bus in Granada asked if she could have my autograph...thought I was a famous bull-fighter and she wanted me to marry her daughter or something. At least I think that's what she said.

Pots of love,

Mr Tom

my second name is lemon and ive heard all the jokes thanxs :D ooooooh, i so wish i was clear like you. my derm is gonna give me more antebiotics before tane as he said my spots wernt that bad :doubt: but im still gonna read all the logs on here! so wheres the photos mr tom??? x

my favorite man mr.tom!

glad to see you are doing well, and yes, those redmarks will fade anyway so no need to worry about them.

it sure is about time you turn that "corner" everyone speaks of. You are pretty deep into the 2nd month or early 3rd month right?

either way, I bid you good luck my friend, you don't got much long to wait for that perfect skin.

enjoy the results!

do the red mars fade as a direct effect from accutane? or because no more spots form, giving marks time to heal like they would without accutane?

Fingers and toes crossed...are the piccies here?! Not exactly flattering, but nothing spotty...taken in the summer when the UVs in the Alps did what accutane is doing now! Will get hold of a digital camera to do some current shots, but still pretty much clear, bring it on! All these exclamations!! Photos are random huh?...Swedish male bonding, Mr Tom BBQing and Mont Blanc-ing. All I've got of me on this laptop :D Thanks for the support JC. Am half way there with my course (2 months) and am still romantically involved with tane; I love it love it love it :D Keep fighting, as ever, Tom

post-33777-1141336994_thumb.jpg

post-33777-1141337122_thumb.jpg

post-33777-1141337285_thumb.jpg

post-33777-1141336994_thumb.jpg

post-33777-1141337122_thumb.jpg

post-33777-1141337285_thumb.jpg

Moving out of my flat tomorrow so no more internet for the time being sorry folks. Will try and stop off in cafes etc., but it will be even more random than now :( Mr Tom = homeless. No, that's not true. Kipping on a mate's floor is more like it until my new abode is ready, but hey-ho, change is good I guess. Fare thee well people. Watch this space for more Mr Tom. Much love.

Hey Tom,

Cool pics! Shame about not having anywhere to live :( , no internet etc.

Speaking of Mr Tumnus, did anyone think the friendship between him and the young girl seemed a bit dodgy in the recent film?

Helen xxx

so you build up a pic of someone in your head , well you look like nothing like that pic. i love your eyes. im not coming on to you lol. but you look great. keep fighting fellow welsh

Hey Tom,

Cool pics! Shame about not having anywhere to live :( , no internet etc.

Speaking of Mr Tumnus, did anyone think the friendship between him and the young girl seemed a bit dodgy in the recent film?

Helen xxx

Helen I was thinking the exact same thing about Mr Tumnus and Lucy's friendship. Kinda creeped me out.

Mr Tom i've been reading you're log. I work with 7 year olds too. They are far too honest to work with when you have acne. I was asked the other day why I had alot of spots :cry:

Good luck with your progress

Hey Tom,

Just thought I'd mention that I've lost my mobile sometime last week, so in case you're coming to Oxford in the near future, then best to call on my house phone.

Helen xx

Squeezed in an internet cafe between a guy on a webcam to his girlfriend in S.Africa and a girl writing at 1000mph on msn. Smoky. Smelly. Will be quick! Thanks for all your messages. Have had the Tumnus thing said even before it was made into a film. My ex-girlfriend called me Tumnus for a week after we saw the bloody thing in the cinema! Save your jokes. And yes - dodgy as a jammy dodger about him and Lucy. Am moving into my new home on Fri, so hope normality will be restored. Facewise, some hiccups on the road to perfection...after a few weeks of all clear, got a weird one near my ear that is still going down, one on my back, and some rising blackheads again. Thought the bumps were over, but apparently not :confused: Speaking of bumps, fell of a climbing wall on Sunday (I blame my mate Emma's rope skills!) and knackered my ankle. Better now, but will it heal 100% on tane? Did PE at school today, so it can't be that bad. Hello Helen - am in Oxford next Sunday night most probs at the Old School House pub doing an open mic guitar thing for a mate. Will be brief, but come on down if you want. Bring a harmonica. Was silly on Fri night and went out with some teachers from school; only had 3 or so pints and I was anybodys, my head was swimming. Woke up in the Deputy Head's living room. Wrong. Got to go now as I don't want to sufforcate in here and have to die watching a guy sing to a web-cam next to me. Extra dry lips too...a weather thing for sure. Thanks for your support readers. Will be back soon. Love Tom :whistle:

can I make it clear that I didn't sleep with my Deputy Head. Just for the record. She's married, 55, and took pity on my sorry state and let me sleep on her sofa bed. That's it. T.H.E E.N.D.

Hey Mr Tom,

Falling off a wall..very silly. Hope your foot heals. It's a real shame you're in Ox this weekend, as I'm going to be in Wales!..snowdonia, more precisely for a 'research group bonding weekend'. Not sure what time I'll be back on Sunday, but if I get back in time, I'll definately give you a call. When will you be around till?

Not sure I know where the old school house is.

Helen xxxx

Hey hey Helen...not this Sunday but next Sunday in the Ox-ford at the Old School House....off Gloucester Green by the bus station. From 9-ish I think. Enjoy mighty Snowdonia you lucky thing. Am staying late in school to do some planning, but am enjoying some sneaky internet access :D Nothing new skin-wise; a few false alarms each week, a scab or two, but no monsters to be seen. Ankle = better. Phew phew phew. Much love, thanks for reading people, Mr T

Thanks for the check-up P&W. Apologies for the silence lately...the moving flat malarchy and busy busy school life has put a stop to many Mr Tom activities, but I'm fighting back :D Got internet in my new place now, so no excuses...

Skin news: think I'm around week 10 or something; have given up counting days. Just look at the mountain of tablets still in the cupboard and decide to take things one day at a time! Feel confident in saying that I've reached a plateau spot-wise. Still those false alarms and small red bumps that vanish after a few days, still the healing red marks, still the peeling around the mouth (nose has joined in again), still the dry arms and blotchy hands, still the tane-tired feeling occasionally, still the slight alcoholic sunburnt look (which girls have told me look rugged...get in there!), but still no cysts in a few weeks :D I'm going through a period of thinking that this is all well and good on tane, but will the monsters return after it all ends? Negative thinking I know, and keep telling myself how lucky I am to have got to this stage. If it wasn't for the peeling lips and need to slap on moisturiser every half an hour, I'd be living it up big time! Alcohol wise, I trod carefully for the first two months, but I've discovered that I can go out and have 3-4 pints without any nasty morning-after banging head surprises or sicky feelings. Great to be with old mates again; spots so far down in my consciousness that I go whole days without thinking about them. "Where's my chap-stick?" - yes. "Is this going to be a monster cyst?" - no! :D

Phew. Enough tap-tapping on the keyboard from me. Going on a staff-social tonight (Head is trying to make us "bond", but the last time he tried three teachers went on maternity leave soon after. Enough said.), so will love you and leave you.

As ever, thanks for reading, Tom :whistle:

thanks for stopping by my log, and yes it is very cold in south wales. went to merthyr tydfil today and asda is right up the top of hills, i almost got blown away getting out of my car, my door almost came off the hinges. i survived though, lol only just.

glad things are gong well for you, hope im the same soon, just past 7 weeks. im hoping month 3 is turn around point for me

Mr Tom's got organised! Counted the days and I'm up to...

DAY 71 :popcorn:

Not as far as I thought; feels like bloody ages! No worsening of side-effects, but the weather here in Blighty is pushing tane users to the limit I reckon! Chilly chilly icy winds that whip off any micro layer of grease on any exposed bits of you (!) and chapped lips even for the non-tane folk. Just been feeling the stuff inside me now daily - the dehydrated type of feeling, the red-ish face, the tired eyes etc. etc. Longing to get off it, but know I've got a fair whack to go. After three or so weeks of 100% clear skin (aside from red marks) I've had three cysty things in the past week - one by my eyebrow (dying), one on my temple near my hair (gone) and one below my mouth :boohoo: Woe is me. What happened? Let's hope they're just one-offf blips on an otherwise clear radar screen!

HELEN :wavey: Okay - I'll commit! Next Sat I'm meeting the friend that I did the pics for in the Honeypot in Oxford for a pint and some funky beats! Dj kicks off at 8, but I think it goes on for ages, so come on down whenever if you're free. I'll wear a red carnation and carry an umbrella. No - that's bollocks. Just shout 'roaccutane' as loud as you can when you come in and I'll find you. Sound good?

well, i know i havnt had a chance tom to post in a while, but circumstances not pending anymore, GO ON THE IRISH, PADDYS DAY, MASSIVE SESSION AND A WHOOPIN OF THE TANS ( DATS THE BLACK N TANS TO ME, NOT THE ROACCU-TANS!)

ah no tom boy, only havin the craic, it seems things are lookin up for ya, and im genuinely glad to hear it, its workin out very well for meself as well , so hopefully the luck of the irish will keep up: clear skin, triple crown,lovly ladies and that aul cock!

tommy, gotta go, im off out for a few pints and a bit of celebrationand just to reiterate my perplexities" GO ON THE IRISH"

SLAN LEAT!

TOMMY BOY