Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allibaba

(Makeup for scars) I can't believe that in this day and age

that they don't have makeup that will cover a pitted scar. Has anybody had any kind of success with any makeup that works to do this? There has to be some kind of putty or fake skin makeup that should do this?!!

I cant beleive that in this day and age there is no cure or prevention for acne! And some amazing laser invented that will totally rid you of scars! Man wouldnt that be great.....can always hope right? [-o< I just hope that by the time my 2 year old is my age there will be a cure! (or just that he doesnt inherit my skin!)

As for the make-up, sorry i dont have an answer for you, foundation helps a little bit i guess, but not a helluvalot! ](*,)

Good luck!

My friend has pitted scars and she went to the MAC store and they have a foundation that hid them well. I can't think of the name of the particular foundation #-o but if you go to the counter then you can try it on and see.

I use Clinique Continuous Coverage makeup. It comes in a tube and is very thick - I acutally thin it out a bit by mixing it with moisturizer. The Clinque salesperson told me they think it is like putty and it's used by patients after cosmetic surgery procedures. I think it's great for filling in pits and evening out skin level. However, it doesn't come in many colors - I'm lucky that I found a shade that matches my skin tone.

HTH

Mimi2468

I know just the other day I'm thinking the same thing. I think some foundations just make scars more visible and it seems like they would have come up with a type of putty or something that looks believable by now. I've tried everything imaginable and nothing seems to work. Not many scars here but 3 or 4 I'd like to make "disappear". Does anyone know of a good way?

tryingtoimprove: to me, just two thinks that really works:

vinegar method (with constance, of course, 4-5 months) and N-Lite laser (performed with a good doctor).

I've been trying the vinegar method. I'm drinking lemon water as well. I think this method may show some results. n-lite? I was considering smoothbeam as a place in town here offers it. I really dont like to depend on make-up all the time. Would be nice to walk out of the house without it.

Hi all,

I can share my method for covering some icepicks. First I spot treat the areas with Shiseido Pureness Matifying Stick, then I use MAC matte cream, it is a clear silicone-like primer, semi-thick. This helps in creating a smooth surface. A word of caution, do one cheek at a time as this tends to set and will pill/roll up. I then use Shiseido optimal cover concealer (spot areas) and Ben Nye concealer in Mellow Yellow (wonderful stuff). My regular foundation is Prescriptives Virtual Youth. It covers beautifully and has a glow, not a shine, but a nice glow that helps diffuse light on your face.

The powders I use are Prescriptives Custom Blend, Lancome Matte Pressed, sometimes MAC studiofix (in areas) or Lancome Photogenic Pressed. It really depends on the look that I am going for. Ben Nye also makes really great and really cheap loose powders. Then after blush, eyes, lips, etc comes my final touch. I use either Peter Thomas Roth silicone primer or Presciptives Invisible line smoother (comes in a tube) and a very fine brush, sometimes even a tiny paint brush and I dab a tiny bit of the silicone into the pit to smooth it over. It is quite funny to walk in and see my on the sink in the bathroom with paintbrush in hand...lol. This usually works for most of the day. I carry a little brush and the silicone with me in case of emergency touch ups during the day. Be careful not to get out of control or you will end up with little splotches all over your face. Be sure to do this step AFTER you powder and blush. If you need to touch up later, powder first, then the silicone. This method has worked wonders for me for quite a few years. I hope this helps and feel free to ask if you have any questions! Good luck!!

**I also agree that in such an advanced age that there should be some make-up primer that makes the skin look smooth as silk under your make-up! Holding out hope for the FUTURE!

*Misty

Wow, sounds like you've got this method down to a science. I normally don't have alot of time to spend on my makeup. Could probably do this on special occasions though. I will take note and look into these products.

I personally like the matte look but am open to new ideas. Ben Nye? Is this a brand you purchase at dept stores? One problem though, I live in Texas and with the excessive heat some makeups seem to "melt". Thanks for the tips!!

I use Clinique Work Out Makeup. It stays on very well. I can even go swimming with it on and it stays on!! I then use Clinique concealor over the red marks that the foundation didn't cover and set with Clinique Stay Matte Powder. This combo works great for me!! I too live in Texas and this stuff stays on very well even with the humidity.

If I plan on going out dancing for the night and will be sweating a lot I love the English Ideas Foundation Primer! Very lightweight and makes my face a little smoother.

I checked the ingrediants on the Work Out Makeup and I didn't see anything in there that is highly comedogenic. I am not sure about the concealor as I don't have the box anymore. I will look the next time I buy it. The powder is oil free~!

Was interested in the clinique work out makeup a while back and someone told me it contained mineral oil? Do you know if thats true?

I just bought the stay true makeup by clinique and I like it pretty well.

Also like the superfit but have to wear a primer with it. Havnt tried alot of things lately. Just bought a house and car within the past 2 years so I've been trying to stay away from the department stores unless I need foundation. My makeup never seems to look good though after 4 hours or so unless it's very chilly which we dont get often here. At my age (over 30) I'm still concerned about breakouts. Don't like Mary Kay makeup or the foundations anyway. Have a full unused tube. Thanks for the tips. Hate buying new stuff and not liking it.

Also check out Makeupalley: Productville for reviews on just about everything to do with makeup and skincare. It has saved me alot of $$ and hassle when I get ready to hit the stores!

www.makeupalley.com

Hey I looked it up on makeup alley and the reviews say it's good for making makeup "stick" but seems to enhance pore size. I did find something on hsn.com called "physicians advice". Product was only sold in a kit though.

"skin damage disguise case" sold in the kit called "home and away plus retinol". Kinda leery about trying alot of new skin care. This does sound promising though. It says it comes with wrinkle and scar filler, brush, mixing creme, etc... Sounds promising.

It comes in this kit too: Physician's Advice Skin Care Cosmetics - Retinol Plus and it's $10 cheaper than the other kit. It does sound interesting.

Well went today and bought more of the neutrogena skin clearing makeup.

Just stocked up on clinique and not sure if thats the reason but my skin started to look kinda bad. I like the skin clearing makeup. Although it's not very lasting, it seems to help my skin. Im not really using much bp though, just in spots where i need it. Seems like the neutogena stuff helps to camoflauge the scars too a little better. oops Am i in the wrong forum ?

I remember reading about a guy who was very happy using some type of glue stick to fill in his pits. It was the non toxic type and did not show up white on his skin. Does anyone remember which glue it was? (glue stick not liquid)

Was interested in the clinique work out makeup a while back and someone told me it contained mineral oil?  Do you know if thats true?

I just bought the stay true makeup by clinique and I like it pretty well.

Also like the superfit but have to wear a primer with it. Havnt tried alot of things lately. Just bought a house and car within the past 2 years so I've been trying to stay away from the department stores unless I need foundation. My makeup never seems to look good though after 4 hours or so unless it's very chilly which we dont get often here. At my age (over 30) I'm still concerned about breakouts. Don't like Mary Kay makeup or the foundations anyway. Have a full unused tube. Thanks for the tips. Hate buying new stuff and not liking it.

Yes, it does have mineral oil but mineral oil has been found to not be comedogenic. Check out http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/article6.htm#inglist

This is a good list of what is irritating and comedogenic.

Philosophy makes a "clear makeup" that's supposed to create a "second skin" meant for those with very uneven skin or who have just had skin treatments to put on before their normal makeup. I had been considering trying it to cover up large pores and a few very small pitted scars on my cheek (that were enhanced by my mineral makeup), but found a mattifer that helped a lot with the pores. I don't know how well it works since I didn't try it, but someone else might want to.

Philosophy makes a "clear makeup" that's supposed to create a "second skin" meant for those with very uneven skin or who have just had skin treatments to put on before their normal makeup. I had been considering trying it to cover up large pores and a few very small pitted scars on my cheek (that were enhanced by my mineral makeup), but found a mattifer that helped a lot with the pores. I don't know how well it works since I didn't try it, but someone else might want to.

What mattifer are you using? TIA!