Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan

Moisturizer that will absorb?

Hi,

I have been on the Regimen for about a week or so now and it seems to be working well. The question I have is about the moisturizer. I have to apply it at night and not during the day because it doesn't seem to absorb into my skin. It looks really oily and feely sticky after I apply it. It never dries either. I have tried the moiturizers listed on this site but all seem to do the same thing... Does everyone have this problem or does it actualy absorb into the skin for most people? Thanks.

ryan

I think most moisturizers absorb...make sure you keep rubbing it for a good minute or two, it should absorb by then. No moisturizer just absorbs right when you put it on...so be patient and keep gently rubbing in into your skin. Try that, and good luck

I've tried smearing it on for a good couple of minutes but then stuff just starts rolling off. I don't know if its the bp or the moisturizer itself. I am not rough about it in anyway. I am very gentle. I understand that it will take awhile to absorb but the problem I am having is it doesn't seem to be absorbing even after a couple minutes of smearing it around. It'll be white when I put it on and then eventually not be white anymore but my face will look all oily and greasy. Not a dry natural look. Any suggestions?

well all mostrizer is gonna make u feel kinda oily....cause bascially you got something on your skin.

WHen it balls up, that is because of the BP. I had the same problem. Have you tried Ecerin Renweal? Thats what i use.

Yeah I tried the eucerin renewal stuff mentioned on this website. Does the same thing. I think I am just going to do the moisturizer at night since I dont want to look like an oil slick during the day. Thanks.

ryan

i say if ur skin is that oily, then u dont need a moisturizer, but ease up on bp during the day... instead of looking like an oil slick, ull look like a ghost...hey my names ryan too!

i had the same exact problem , and i think its either my skin wasent use to moisterizers or i was simply putting too much , try putting a very thin layer of moisterizer.and keep blending it in tills theirs hardly any on your face, and im pretty sure in 15 min your face will be dry

I found this moisturezer that works really well. It's made by Suave. It is Skin Firming Lotion that has Alpha Hydroxy Acid in it. It comes in a fairly big bottle. 12 fl oz. I got it walmart for like $2.24 which is awesome. I also have some chest and back acne that this lotion seems to work really well with. I tried it on my face tonight and it absorbed right in and I didn't have a greasy look. I'll see it it creates and problems or not. Thanks for all the help and I'll try and let you know how it works.

ryan

is it made for the face? i just looked in my bathroom and i have a giant 22.5 oz suave skin firming lotion. i use it on my body on dry spots (arms,knees) and i like it cuz it smells good and quickly absorbs into my skin. i dont see any aha in the ingredients...it says it has "natural liposomes" and it moisturizes and tones...is this the same one?

I think the one you have is a little different than the one I have. The one I have has blue lettering on it. The bottle is white and the dispenser on top is grey. It says right on the front with Alpha hydroxy acid. Below that it says Skin Firming lotion with seaweek & liposomes. It doesn't exactly say it is a face or a body lotion. I think you can use it wherever pretty much. On the directions though it just says use once or twice daily onto your entire body and to pay special attention to certain body parts. I am going to try this on my face for a couple weeks. On my body it works great. It absorbs right away and leaves my skin really soft and smooth. My acne on my body is almost clear. Seems weird to have clear skin. My face only has scarring right now and a couple minor pimples that aren't even noticeable unless your right up close to me. I'll let you know how things go.

ryan

I think the one you have is a little different than the one I have. The one I have has blue lettering on it. The bottle is white and the dispenser on top is grey. It says right on the front with Alpha hydroxy acid. Below that it says Skin Firming lotion with seaweek & liposomes. It doesn't exactly say it is a face or a body lotion. I think you can use it wherever pretty much. On the directions though it just says use once or twice daily onto your entire body and to pay special attention to certain body parts. I am going to try this on my face for a couple weeks. On my body it works great. It absorbs right away and leaves my skin really soft and smooth. My acne on my body is almost clear. Seems weird to have clear skin. My face only has scarring right now and a couple minor pimples that aren't even noticeable unless your right up close to me. I'll let you know how things go.

ryan

ryan - u need to find some sort of a moisturiser to use during the day which has a SPF...u otherwise risk pigmentation. I tried the neutrogena healthy skin with spf and found it very oily. I am now using their ultra sheer dry-touch sunblock spf 30...it provides a matte finish...perhaps u could try this...they also have spf 45 but i've found that anything over 30 gets a bit more greasy, also i don't spend that much time in the sun so 30 is sufficient for me

best of luck

Well I actually work indoors at my job and am outside during the week for like 5 minutes at the most. During the weekend I get outside more though. I'll look for that ultra sheer dry touch stuff. So far I haven't broken out or anything. My face actually looks better and more even. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the advice!

ryan

So far so good. I just saw a post today about a person moisturizing before BP. That sounds like a good idea. So far I have had no breakouts from using the Suave AHA Skin firming lotion. My skin is feeling looking better and better each day. I'll try the moisturizing before BP thing tonight and see how that works with this moisturizer. There may be an answer after all.