Find results in...
johnson269

BEST UK CLEANSER - Pears Soap bar

The BESTbecause:

• It costs £1 a bar
  • It's non-condemenic
  • It's hypoallergenic
  • It leaves your skin feeling really clean and non-oilly

You can get it from boots, or many other stores, I really like it!

I know its a good soap for the Regimen but is it any good if your not using BP or any other Topical treatment for that matter.

buy it, stick with it, enjoy it and save ur self sum cash. dont waste money on big firm, simple and effective is the way to go. dave

Guest funkychicken

how do you know it is the soap and not the BP?

its defo the soap

it does dry your skin which for those with oily skin is great like me my skin was real oily the soap has decreased my oily skin at least 50% its defo a great soap if u have real sensitive skin then be carefull u might start to peel etc

but i love it! best soap ever

if you have back acne, would the pears soap bar be appropriate to use on the back and will it work well?

It's a good all round soap, you may be better off trying an SA shower gel mthough like neutrogenas. This will dry up you skin and prevent spots.

I'm using this now and it seems great! :angel:

Don't get it in your eyes though! Owwww!

Yeah, it does kinda sting the eyes if you get it in your eye, it's still the best cleanser in my books though, just avoid the eyes!

so its better than neutragena clear pore wash???thats what im currently using,seems ok,does'nt dry the skin out and it contains sa

Guest funkychicken

The BESTbecause:

It costs £1 a bar

It's non-condemenic

It's hypoallergenic

It leaves your skin feeling really clean and non-oilly

You can get it from boots, or many other stores, I really like it!

49p in Savers!

yeh Vanessa13688 it does dry but moisturiser takes care ofit

lol i got it in my eye once and damn it does sting bad

Pears can be quite drying.

As I've said before, if you're going to use it, use it sparingly. A very quick (5 seconds) rub over and thin lather will do the job just fine. You don't need to be rubbing it in for 5 minutes with a really thick lather.

If you find it too drying, the best alternative is the Neutrogena Bar for Dry Skin. It is next to the Pears bar in Boots and about 2 quid. It is totally non-drying and will last for ages. It doesn't have any hardening agents, perfume, etc etc. and is non-comedogenic.

I use it every day and I'm totally cleared on the side that I've used BP on. I only used BP (Quinoderm 5) on one side of my face because I was on antibiotics at the time (my fourth type of antibios)... thought that if I used it on my entire face then cleared up that I wouldn't know whether it was the BP or the antibiotics. As it turned out, the side I wasn't using BP on stayed the same, and the side I was using it on cleared up within about 3 months. Still got a few reds marks, but they're fading slowly.

Now all I have to do is clear the other half of my face!! I've actually decided to be a bit of a guinea pig and experiment with products on that 'bad' side. My clear side is quinoderm + Neutrogena AHA... on the other i'm using Nivea Oil Free and Oxy OTS. Have to say, compared to Quinoderm and Neutrogena, the Oxy and nivea aren't impressing me at all. Quinoderm cleared me in the first two weeks, then I broke out for about a month then cleared slowly... I've been doing the other side for about 2 1/2 weeks now and haven't seen anything like that.

Anyway -- the point of all that was to say that the regimen does really work, I haven't cleared up by chance/other treatments because the side I've left alone is still bad, and the other with BP is perfect.... and keep it up!

just bought some today from savers for 49p, Bargin!

i have used it once and there is no sign of dryness on my skin, is this a good or bad sign? the soap bar is huge, i can see this lasting me a long time.