Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leon2003

smoothbeam problems

Hi, guys

I had my second smoothbeam treatment last Thursday. This time, the Dr. put a thick layer of numbing cream on my face and left it on for about 1 hour. So you can image, it didn't hurt as much as the 1st time.

However, a few days after the treatment, i had about 10 small zits around my jawline, which rarely happened before. I suspect this was due to the numbing cream clogged my pores. Also, there are 4 connected small half-circle shape kind red marks sitting on my right cheek, which were definitely caused by the beam. Although they are not very noticeable, it's kinda scary. I hope they will fade away soon. The zits are getting under control.

For those of you who had sm done, does this also happen to you? After my first smoothbeam and a follow-up micro-derm, my face looked very nice. But the 2nd one seems to have brought everything back to before.. :) BTW, mine second sm was set at 13.

Thx,

Leon

4 connected small half-circle shape kind red marks sitting on my right cheek, which were definitely caused by the beam. Although they are not very noticeable, it's kinda scary.

I had this happen to me only I had more... they were all over my cheeks. Scared me as I was starting to be afraid they were permanent - I had them for like a week! Then, like six days later they peeled - believe it or not! And my skin looked really nice. But I wasn't too keen on getting the red marks every time. So I told my doc about it and the last time (second time) she did vbeam on me before smoothbeam. She said that should curtail the red marks and sure enough it did. I hpe it continues to do so 'cause I am getting vbeam and smoothbeam this fri. and sat. I have a family party to go to.