Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
habjoi

How does irriating/aggravting your skin make acne worse?

Well... i was just wondering why aggravating your skin makes acne worse? cuz, simply put, acne is caused by blocked oil glands... once again, SIMPLY put. so what does that have to do with aggravated skin?

i know how i asked my question sounds kind of sketchy but i think it gets my point accross 8) . thanks.

p.s. this has nothing to do with my acne, i was just wondering. i am happy so say that i am clear thanks to the regimen :)/

lol i feel the same way.... i mean why be nice to ur face...whens the last time it was nice to u? i think being harsh and evil to acne teaches it a lesson

My acne gets worse when I irritate it...dont know why, but it does...irritation like rubbing my face in my pillow at night, not so much sun exposure.

One form of irritation is the introduction of bacteria to your acne. If you touch your face you're getting bacteria on it, making it irritated. Dust gettin into your face may irritate you because of bacteria. But the sun irritating your skin, or harsh washing i have no clue. It's the same with all skin. Like i had my hand down my pants today :):D , guys are guys, and my pants were hella pushed against it because of belt buckle, when i took my hand out it was all red with streaks and marks. I'm not sure why irritation plays a role in acne's worsening...

If you irritate your skin with cleansers and astringents that are way too harsh, it will dry your skin out completely. Then, your oil glands will overreact & try to coompensate for the lack of oil, which will result in more blocked glands (i.e., more ZITS!) That's why Dan recommends using a gentle cleanser a great moisturizer, and slowly ramping up your BP dosage. You do not want to dry your skin out. Also, picking zits & touching your skin too much will spread bacteria (another ZIT culprit). Is that explanation clear enough?

you continually mess with your face...

- you introduce and spread bacteria and grime

- you promote increased sebum production

both of these things cause breakouts.

Worth remembering that your skin is an actual functioning organ (like your heart or lungs) therefore it is wise to take care of it.

yea, just incase anyone else reads this i mean irritation like your face against a pillow. man, it is 1:50 in the morning i am freaking bored. i dont know why i am saying this on a message board... its not like anyone is going to IM me back or something... lol... dharma and greg is on... this show is cool but will and grace is better... everybody loves raymond is the best out of all sitcoms, though.

earlier, when i said i had a clear face i meant like... 3 pimples.... 3 pimples... why wont acne just give up... THREE god forsaken pimples. well three pimples is way better than what is was before the regimen... thats why i said a clear face, cuz it is clear by my standards. dont you hate your friends that dont have any acne, and no matter what they do to their face they dont get any pimples. well, i have come to the conclusion that acne sucks. yup. thanks. peace.

ps. dharma and greg is now over. :)

I KNOW (FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT) that picking acne makes it worse. If I manage not to pick my face for a week and do the regimen it looks great and clears up fast. If, however, I pick at them (not with a sterilized needle or anything) my face suffers for WEEKS! Don't do it! It interferes with the regimen and you don't want acne to get worse. You also don't want to get addicted to picking zits.

If you're worried about your pillow irritating your face during the night, I would recommend purchasing a silk pillowcase. They are much smoother and won't irritate your skin as much. I purchased a couple of them from dreamsacks and they are quite nice. Of course, they can be kinda expensive, but worth it if you want minimum irritation while you sleep. Apparently they slow the onset of wrinkles as well, but I have no clue about that.

http://www.dreamsack.com/XQ/ASP/pg.product...ses/QX/tek9.htm

You should be gentle because when you rup to hard you can cause your pimples to scar and i dont think you would like that. AND DONT EVER PICK AT YOUR PIMPLES, ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT.