Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sickening

I applied for "Extreme Makeover."

Guest funkychicken

Golly, she looks like a burns victim. That is shocking. Why would anybody wish to put themselves through that?

These Extreme Makeover series are extremely distasteful and shocking.

Golly, she looks like a burns victim. That is shocking. Why would anybody wish to put themselves through that?

That's exactly what I thought.

Looking at those pictures made me feel sick to my stomach.

If I ever considered dermabrasion (which I have), I just re-considered.

There is nothing micro about that dermabrasion treatment. Your overall skin tone and texture appears normal, with some spot scars. Truly Kanmi, if you get the type of aggressive treatment you will expire my high tolerance of stupid people. It's the wrong treatment for you.

You are causing somewhat extensive (although mildly controlled) trauma to the skin and encouraging it to regenerate. This is an acceptable risk if the skin's condition is one that requires regeneration, yours does not. Especially not this type of regeneration. I really can't explain how annoying your obsessions are getting. I realise that you have both physical and mental difficulties but seriously, treat the problems to their severity. This is like taking out a small village with an a bomb, you're going to cause callateral damage.

Well i'm sorry, that is what David Alkek suggested for me! I am not settling simply for that though, don't worry. I am going to visit a plastic surgeon near my home who is also supposed to be very good, and he specializes in excision. Mabe he can reccomend something else. Like punch grafts and spot dermabrasion at the most. I didn't think a full face dermabrasion sounded right either. But what was I supposed to say? "No, you're wrong" He's the doctor.

kanmi, i wish you good luck. to me your normal and you want to fix your annoying imperfections that ae gettign you down. there is notthing wrong with that. but say after you spend that 5,000 dollars, and still are not satisfied with the results whata re you going to do? i mean you are putting way too much hope for soemthing that isn't even a gurantee. it dpends on how deep and how good the doctor is. i just hope your thinking changes when you get older, because if you complaining now, i wonder how your going to be when you start getting wirnkles , brown spots, etc.

I really will be fine when I start to get wrinkles and brown spots, I know this for a fact. And I know that EVERYONE goes through this. Not everyone goes through acne. No one can defy gravity. I think I might age gracefully too, since i've never gotten a sunburn in my life, and my skin is super oily. And like I said, even if I don't, it's fine. I'm cool with it. :cool:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm glad to hear that you're going to a plastic surgeon to look at excision and spot microderm, sounds more promising. And i don't think there is anything wrong with questioning a Doctor. If you know that a treatment isn't what you need, then say "why would i use that modality?" Sometimes i think Derms offer you the most full on treatment they do, and not the best treatment for your problem (because they don't offer that treatment).

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm going to have to say that with or without treatments Kanmi, you can spoon with me.

however it's not always what you say but how you say it..

fock. that line reminds me of some random worthless person waste of space. :mad:

uhm, I dont see that at all. Its not WHAT you wear, but how you wear it.

its all the same message. and an important one at that.

I just have to say that while Kanmi does complain, she sees a reason to, she sees a big flaw on herself. Therefore, whenever that is fixed most likely she will be happy, but if she isnt then yea she has a problem. I dont see an issue with someone wanting to improve themselves, she is just seeking help, I dont see the need for so many people to put her down, the right thing to do is to encourage her that she really does look good, even if she is already pretty, because there wouldnt be this big debate if someone wih the same skin but not very pretty were complaining; but honestly there is quite a bit of jealously and its obvious.

It was me who suspended the both of you, Virgo and DragonShinryu, and not some "gestapo moderator friend". I don't know kanmi, but I do think she is cool. I've only sent her a PM once and it was after your nasty words. I figured it was blatantly obvious enough to safely expect a suspension anyway, after your comments. It was needless to be 'mean'. I find it funny you two can still claim "I point this out" as if your words were not harsh and "I wasn't even attacking her" with what you said.

What bugged me also was how it really is ironic, to be having attention yourselves for calling out 'other' "attention whores".

Mind you, this is coming from a dude who posed as his friend. The audacity.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=71112

So, in your own words, "attention whore" mucho aussi? Aye! It's not cool.

Most of you forget what the EMO forum is for. It is for rants. People should be allowed to feel safe here for venting, and not be attacked. And yes, it was a personal attack on kanmi because she was singled out. If kanmi's posts piss you off so much, why don't you skip it? Your eyeballs can shift for a reason. Or set your member settings to ignore her? It's only a click away. If you 'accidentally' read one of her posts, which I don't see how it can happen, but anyway... by all means, roll your eyes, if it pleases you, but just don't reply. I really don't understand because it is very easy to let it pass and move along. Trust me and try giving it a go for a change. If you ever come across anything offensive, report the post and we will deal with it. Mods are usually online to handle things.

It is a pity to me because people like kanmi is actually working on her problems and she has also never once attacked anyone for ranting. Has she said anything to offend or instigate you? I don't think so. Then why attack her unprovoked? It baffles me and I find such actions appalling, especially when coming from someone who would stoop so low as to pose as someone else. For real.

Does it make you happy to tear others up? To rip them up? To make them cry???

Of course, most importantly, do remember this is the EMO forum, and like it or not, everyone is entitled to rant and vent their pent up emotions. If you don't like what you read, then too bad, tough luck.

P/S. Shame on those involved in the Sickening thread as well.