Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sickening

I applied for "Extreme Makeover."

I thought on extreme makeover they do nosejobs and boobjobs. Why don't you see if some derms. in your area would consider giving you free dermabrasions (or any other treatment) if you appear on their websites? If you're in Quebec I can see if my derm. would help.

Justin - Good luck, I sincerely hope you get on for your (and our) sake.

kanmi - Is it any wonder you didn't get onto anything? I'm 99.9% confident you have BDD, you should seek help for this.

Justin - Good luck, I sincerely hope you get on for your (and our) sake.

kanmi - Is it any wonder you didn't get onto anything? I'm 99.9% confident you have BDD, you should seek help for this.

what is BDD ??

I keep hearing the show was cancelled. Maybe it was. However, I went to the site and filled out the application. It's still available to fill out. *shrugs*

Body dysmorphic disorder, a mental condition which causes people to perceive defects with their physical appearance whereas in actual fact they look fine.

OH yeah!.... I just watched last night's Oprah show and that was the topic, and there were two people who seriously looked like models and they had this mental conditon and it was pretty weird actually, but the most shocking thing was when this lady came on the show to comment about her disorder, OMG she was really scary, she looked like a barby doll, her face looked like plastic, her face was so fake it was seriuosly scary and when she smiled it was so freaky, she gave me nightmares, she's only like 28 and has had 26 operations, it's kind of sad in a way becuase she had no idea she had the disorder until recently and she still believes she needs more operations :ninja: , did anyone watch it?....

Guest tenshigirl25

Body dysmorphic disorder, a mental condition which causes people to perceive defects with their physical appearance whereas in actual fact they look fine.

OH yeah!.... I just watched last night's Oprah show and that was the topic, and there were two people who seriously looked like models and they had this mental conditon and it was pretty weird actually, but the most shocking thing was when this lady came on the show to comment about her disorder, OMG she was really scary, she looked like a barby doll, her face looked like plastic, her face was so fake it was seriuosly scary and when she smiled it was so freaky, she gave me nightmares, she's only like 28 and has had 26 operations, it's kind of sad in a way becuase she had no idea she had the disorder until recently and she still believes she needs more operations :ninja: , did anyone watch it?....

yes i think i saw that...there was the barbie doll lady who lookd beautiful b4 she evenmessed with her face. like a michael jackson syndrome..then there was 2 other ppl a guy and a girl, who were above attractive and thought they were ugly and deformed..only thy were beautiful. the guy got upset and didnt even want the camera n him because of all his "acne" his skin was completey clear by the way...and he was saying how he was upset that derms wouldnt give him the treatments he wanted because they thought his skin was OK..i think they were talking about accutane..his skin was crystal clear..i dont know what was going on.

Oh i wrote a PM to sickening saying i would help..i felt sorry for him, not that he would reply anyway but after seeing all his horrible posts and bad attitude then can u really imagine him on Television? the application states someone who is outgoing that america will root for...i hope his skin does get better but u need to have family or friends around and have a good attitude to be on the show at least. id love for him to go on, but with this stinking attitude it would never happen.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

yes i think i saw that...there was the barbie doll lady who lookd beautiful b4 she evenmessed with her face. like a michael jackson syndrome..then there was 2 other ppl a guy and a girl, who were above attractive and thought they were ugly and deformed..only thy were beautiful. the guy got upset and didnt even want the camera n him because of all his "acne" his skin was completey clear by the way...and he was saying how he was upset that derms wouldnt give him the treatments he wanted because they thought his skin was OK..i think they were talking about accutane..his skin was crystal clear..i dont know what was going on.

Oh i wrote a PM to sickening saying i would help..i felt sorry for him, not that he would reply anyway but after seeing all his horrible posts and bad attitude then can u really imagine him on Television? the application states someone who is outgoing that america will root for...i hope his skin does get better but u need to have family or friends around and have a good attitude to be on the show at least. id love for him to go on, but with this stinking attitude it would never happen.

Acne is a common obsession with BDD.

Guest Virgo

And when I point this out, I get suspended. Ditto what I said before.

Guest charyan

QUOTE(Proverbial @ Dec 16 2005, 11:19 AM) *

I was waiting for someone to say something, she seriously is gorgeous and im so confused as to why she would even apply for shows like that, but im glad they didnt accept her as she dones't need help at all.

and best of luck to you Justin, did they say when the episode will be aired or any other details? if you get through be sure to let everyone know, you'll be on TV!!!!!!! :D

"are you fucking kidding me? that is nothing. you bitch and complain way more than you should. i know people with actual acne who are fun and outgoing and have way more self esteem. this is ridiculous. you're like, addicted to sympathy. don't even try to deny it. you know when you post all these stupid pictures of you, everyones gonna comment "ohhh kanmi youre so pretty blah blah blah" but no. you have to bitch and whine and act like youre frikkin quasimodo. its getting REALLY old and REALLY obnoxious. get a clue."

Except that is how you "point it out". Of course you're going to get suspended for a personal attack like that in my gallery.

I've tried to apply for that show, MTV's I want a famous face, the swan, all of them rejected me.

Thats because you don't need a "makeover", shit why can't you see you're fucking gorgeous

Now stop wasting your life on this shit and start living.

EDIT: and thats an order, damnit! :D

Guest Virgo

"are you fucking kidding me? that is nothing. you bitch and complain way more than you should. i know people with actual acne who are fun and outgoing and have way more self esteem. this is ridiculous. you're like, addicted to sympathy. don't even try to deny it. you know when you post all these stupid pictures of you, everyones gonna comment "ohhh kanmi youre so pretty blah blah blah" but no. you have to bitch and whine and act like youre frikkin quasimodo. its getting REALLY old and REALLY obnoxious. get a clue."

Except that is how you "point it out". Of course you're going to get suspended for a personal attack like that in my gallery.

It wasn't a personal attack. It was a reality check. I'm not gonna just write what everyone else writes "oh kanmi ur so pretty u shouldnt worry about those little marks" cuz obviously that hasn't worked so far. Woe is me I'm gonna go lie down && listen to evanescence in my black dress with a wilted rose on my chest...

Guest tenshigirl25

sickning probably didnt even apply for that show..just a need ot have everyone's attention..i said it b4, these people are usually beautiful on the inside, thye have no confidence but the type of person America or the world will "root for"..sorry, but Justin isnt exactly apeople person. he would do better on Dr phil or Oprah with 1 of their makover shows.

Guest funkychicken

i applied for bargain hunt once, but that was when david dickinson ruled the roost.

:lol2: Bargain Hunt

So you didn't 'bobbydazzle' them ?