Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sickening

"The Man Without A Face."

I just got done watching "The Man Without A Face" starring Mel Gibson. I know it's an older movie, but it was the first time I saw it.

Anyhow, I highly suggest that everyone see this movie. Basically, it will give people a glimpse as to how it is for a person with severe acne and scarring. No, i'm not talking about the people with mild to moderate acne. The people with severe acne and scarring will relate to Mel Gibson's character, but most importantly, maybe the people without severe acne and scarring will come to understand. Maybe mercy will be used more when dealing with "us." The portrayal of this man's life and the way he was treated hit home, simply because I have been treated the same way. People never see our minds and hearts, because they can't get past our faces.

I'm not posting this thread for comments, though. I just highly recommend that you see this movie.

Actually, the movie is about a man who was beaten so bad his face was permantly disfigured and he, in his travels, decided to join the freak show.

But same difference.

But you don't believe anyone else's acne scarring compares to yours. You think you have it worse than everyone.

But you don't believe anyone else's acne scarring compares to yours. You think you have it worse than everyone.

What does that have to do with this movie, kanmi? I said people with severe acne and scarring can relate, but people without it can learn. I'm not the subject here. I am just suggesting that ALL people see this movie. You can learn something, kanmi.

Guest funkychicken
:think: hmmmmmmm Sickening! You got me thinking. What a great career for you! :lol2:

Elsewhere descirbed the wrong movie. This movie is about a man who befriends a 12 year old boy, but the town thinks he's a sexual predator because of his face.

Actually, I have seen the movie AND read the book. His face is not disfigured because of acne, but because of an accident he had gotten in years ago that was non-acne related completely.

All I have to say though is, stay away from the book Justin. You wouldn't like it. It has a lot of homosexual undertones in it dealing with Chuck's want to have a father as he struggles with his sexual identity, and his attraction to his tutor a.k.a the man without a face.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Sickening, i looked past your face because i have nothing against people with severe acne/scarring. What i found behind the face was an arsehole who wont let anyone get to know him, unless that person is just as depressed and bitter as yourself.

Actually, I have seen the movie AND read the book. His face is not disfigured because of acne, but because of an accident he had gotten in years ago that was non-acne related completely.

All I have to say though is, stay away from the book Justin. You wouldn't like it. It has a lot of homosexual undertones in it dealing with Chuck's want to have a father as he struggles with his sexual identity, and his attraction to his tutor a.k.a the man without a face.

I never said his face was disfigured because of acne. However, that's completely irrelevant. What's relevant is that he had a disfigured face, as do people with severe acne and scarring. His face was disfigured in a car accident. Does that mean someone with a face that was stabbed 25 times couldn't relate? Absolutely not. Does that mean a person with cystic acne covering their entire face couldn't relate? Absolutely not.

I never said his face was disfigured because of acne. However, that's completely irrelevant. What's relevant is that he had a disfigured face, as do people with severe acne and scarring. His face was disfigured in a car accident. Does that mean someone with a face that was stabbed 25 times couldn't relate? Absolutely not. Does that mean a person with cystic acne covering their entire face couldn't relate? Absolutely not.

Sorry, I mis read it.

Guest tenshigirl25

i actually agree and think a person with severe acne and scarring could relate to being treated differently and almost like a freak..its the same feeling of being shunned by society. Wat kind of person u are is another story because Mel Gibson in the movie was likeable.

oh sorry Justin, I'm pretty bad with names :ninja:

hi nonnah, I'm Marisa btw, or lolli, lollifornication, intoxi.....whatever.

hm i think ill see the movie.

Im Nonnah...ahah :D

And you have a picture of a "pretty" face on your profile. Therefore, you're only enabling and encouraging a big part of what's wrong with this world. You ignore character and focus on something that can't be controlled. A person is responsible for their character, but not how they look. How we look isn't determined by anything we do. Therefore, it's meaningless.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Kanmi, will you marry me?

this movie really does hit home, i really feel i can relate to him as well.. it just shows how cruel an ignorant people can be, they perceived him as a monster.. when he was a good, intelligent person. *sad sigh*

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Kanmi, will you marry me?

Haha, why?

Because i like you. Let's elope ;)