Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
queensdawg

red mark treating methods

im 16 yrs old currently on accutane.. my acne is practically gone.. maybe 2 tiny pimples.. but i have red marks..and ive seen soo many methods to treat red marks. i have red sensitive skin.. these are the methods that ive heard of and i was wondering maybe someone here would know whats best and most effective for me..

1-aloe vera plant (use it sumtimes, not seeing great results)

2-apple cider vinegar(afraid to try because it may be to sensitive and RED)

3-lemon juice(maybe to harsh on my red skin.. but ive heard is a safe skin bleach.. maybe that will help my redness?)

4-honey

5-neutrogena mutivitamin lotion (bought it.. skin to sensitive and red because of accutane)

6-neutrogena healthy skin lotion (have a sample but never really tryed it)

if any1 knows the most effective way to get rid of these redmarks please help me.. it would be greatly appriciated..

The Multivitamin lotion contains sycrilic acid. I wouldn't use it if you are still on accutane. For me I started taking vitamins and the redmarks really started to clear up. I take Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and I used to take Zinc however it upset my stomach. The other thing I used before the accutane was 15% glycolic acid gel mixed with Copper Peptides. That also really helped fade out my red marks. I wouldn't try that until your off accutane a month or two.

I think different things work for different people. I had tried Vita-K for blotchy skin, used it for 2 or 3 months with no real improvement.

hey

ive only just begun accutane, but ive been taking vitamin e,c and zinc tablets for improving red marks and encouraging skin renewal. i heard this helps red marks the most and speeds up healing etc.

vitamin e in a skin cream is also good at night- i havent used it but i read somewhere it can work to fade scars or something.. same as aloe vera.. but its not gonna produce results over night, mabyes use it every night.. im not sure!! 8-[ anyway good luck love kimmi