Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
true sushi

calling all asians

Just wondering if there are any other asians out there dealing with this problem i have...called acne? hehehe do we have really sensitive skin or what?? man, i live in america and i am the only asian i have seen with acne...but then i get on here and i see a lot of asians dealing with the same problem! man, i am glad to have this website. What kind of cleanser are you using? moisturizer? does accutane/amnesteem work for you? :dance:

Hi there, Asian here too..

Well, I think so that acne is very rare among asian. I'm living in asian country and when i was in high school, there were 50 students in my class, and I was the only one who have this s**t. My family (parents and brothers) are clear, except my sister and me (I'm male).

Now, i'm in Tane. Just finished 1 month from my 6 months course. And I see very2x big improvment. Hope it will always work till the end of the course :)

Well, I think so that acne is very rare among asian.

it's coincidence that the school you gone to had asians without acne. whichever stereotype is out there, its not true that all asians have perfect skin. i know A LOT of asians with acne.

Well, I think so that acne is very rare among asian.

hey Im azn too, alot of asian i know have ance but just not as bad as me.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

I'm half asian and I have acne and so does my sister. My mom (she's full japanese) had acne as a teenager. Asians get acne just as much as other races. Maybe the other asians you know have good skin genes or something.

I found this in book Clinical Dermatology by Thomas P., MD:

"In Western cultures, acne effects up to 95% of adolescents and persists into middle age in 12% of women and 3% of men. Two non-Westernized populations: the Kitavan Islanders of Papua New Guinea and the Ache hunter-gatherers of Paraguay DO NOT HAVE ACNE."

Unfortunatelly, it doesnt say any about asian or asian culture. But, from this study, we can conclude that there is a relationship between acne, culture, and 'maybe' including race.

hey, whats up guys

im on tane right now, its been a month and still getting the initial breakouts. Check my gallery, and see if u get it worse than me !!