Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sliqx

Asian Male Need Help!

Hey Sliqx,

I'm also asian and when I was about 16 or 17 I just started breaking out completely in the forehead area. BP definitely only irritated my face even more and made it all red, blotchy, dry, peeling, you name it. I stay away from it at all costs. Since you are in your teens, it might just be because your hormones are adjusting. And lots of people get acne so don't feel bad!

I remember I tried all sorts of over the counter products and ended up using Nature's Cure, this set of pills and BP cream you can get at Wal-Mart for about $10. There is one for males and females. Basically you take two pills, one in the morning and one at night. I didn't use the cream, but I think the pills worked pretty well for me. My forehead acne gradually subsided.

I can't say how well Nature's Cure will work for you and I'm not saying it's the only thing you should try, but it's worth a shot.

And by the way, Accutane sounds really harsh.

There are also a number of things you can do to help your skin:

1) Breath. Make sure you remind yourself to take deep breaths everyday so you can purge your body of toxins and relieve stress.

2) Eat healthy and drink lots of water. Try drinking some aloe vera juice (the Korean brands taste better).

3) Whenever you get one of those pimples that you can tell will turn big, put some hemorrhoid cream on it. When I'm about to get a cyst, I always dab on some and it makes the swelling go down. It sorta tingles and even sorta itches when you put it on. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to put it over a large patch of skin because I've never tried it before.

4) When you get pimples that won't come to a head, put a warm compress on it. For me, when I put a patch of sea salt on active pimples, they draw to a head pretty quickly.

5) I haven't found a good spot treatment yet. But for now, Mario Badesco's Drying Lotion is good enough. It costs of about $17 for a small bottle. For pimples I've popped (=X !) I put some propolis ointment or Egyptian Magic to help it heal faster.

6) Use a gentle cleanser. It's good to exfoliate every now and then, but you don't want to over-irritate your face.

7) Love yourself and love your skin!!!

Good luck to you!!!

Take accutane. I wish I had done so earlier. Don't live to regret not taking drastic action.

What happens if he scars even worse on accutane? I'm not trying to scare him or anything, but its unpredictable and he might develop further scarring from accutane especially on the initial breakout.

Hey, just a little update. I haven't really done much to my face -- I've been so busy with school and such! Now, I am on X-mas Break so I have to time to worry about my face. Recently, I got four blackheads on the top right side of my forehead, and they hurt but have gone down. My chin is breaking out like crazy, with little blotchy dark red bumps everywhere! Yeah, Im really trying to aviod BP because that stuff gets my face crazily red and irrtates it really bad. Should I be taking vitamin pills and such? I'll be trying to schedule a doct appointment this week. Omg man... I hope that once my chin clears up, that no scars will be left behind!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

im asian too and tried almost all acne remedies found here on earth... the only thing which really works now is TEA TREE OIL. it does not make my face oily. all my pimples were gone after 2 weeks but im having some again because i put some whiteng cream on my face. try tea tree oil. it will surely work for you. :D

Well guys.. I just got back from the dermatologist and got my pills and topicals. The guy prescribed me a pill called Bactrim DS 800-160 and I am supposed to take that twice a day. He also gave me ( I actually went to walmart and got them... they cost me $157!!) Tazorac 60 grams 0.1% as well as Duac Topical Gel 45g. And he gave me samples of cleansers and moistorizers. Can someone please tell me how I would use all this stuff at once? At night.. am I soppose to cleanse my face, moistorize it, then put the tazorac or dual topical gel? I am soo excited to finally be on a step of getting rid of acne!

I'm asian and Murad sucks balls. I got it pretty bad on my cheeks and jawline and I've tried a ton of stuff. I want to go for accutane but so many people say not to. Have you tried any light treatments?

My god, I'll say it again. Go on Accutane. I'm on Accutane and it stopped my acne COMPLETELY but now I'm left with scars from years of pimples. I never popped a fucking pimple and I have scars from acne that was moderate at worst. And another thing, I know plenty of people with perfect skin now and they've told me that they were on Accutane. Fuck I wish I had been on accutane years back, but it's too late for regrets now.

BTW I'm asian too and it seems that asians scar pretty easily.

My god, I'll say it again. Go on Accutane. I'm on Accutane and it stopped my acne COMPLETELY but now I'm left with scars from years of pimples. I never popped a fucking pimple and I have scars from acne that was moderate at worst. And another thing, I know plenty of people with perfect skin now and they've told me that they were on Accutane. Fuck I wish I had been on accutane years back, but it's too late for regrets now.

I asked her to put me on accutane but she wanted me to wait until I come back to see if those stuff works..

I asked her to put me on accutane but she wanted me to wait until I come back to see if those stuff works..

Stupid, stupid derms. You did your best. I hope you clear on this stuff, but if you don't always remember that there's accutane. Do a little reading on the regimen log forums for Accutane if you want to learn more about it. Good luck :)

Guest Cubsfan

stuf the derms and stuff roaccutane, pick up your torture stake and come to my website

Hey man,

I'm an asian male as well and I used to have acne just like you if not worse.

I've tried just about any over the counter cream and lotions, they did not work.

In the exception of :

Clearasil 3 days guarenteed. (but only works for 3 days)

and the 3.5% benzyol peroxide clear pore mask. (this will prevent any further acne if you mask every day but will destroy your skin and make it turn real red)

but I was getting sick and tired, and so turned to a dermatologist.

He gave me Retin-A.

He said I may look like I'm getting more breakouts than usual for the first month.

and yea, it was true. I did get more pimples, but small whitehead pimples not acne lesions.

Now I've been on Retin-A for 3 months.

Now I only get little white heads.

I think it is crucial to do the following. No matter what cream u use, and what medicine u eat, you must do the following.

1) YOU MUST SLEEP.

I had a friend with the most beautiful skin. He got dumped by his gf, and didn't sleep for like 2 days, his face was covered with acne. YOU NEED SLEEP to recover and ur skin to heal.

2) DONT TOUCH FACE, and DONT SLEEP ON FACE.

I have a dirty habit of touching over my lip and under my nose. I get most of my white heads on that spot. wonder why.. if you touch, you'll irritate ur skin and get pimples on that spot.

I used to live with this girl, and I used to sleep with my head on the side. I grew acne all over on the side of my head. Now I sleep alone and sleep with my face up, I don't grow acne on that spot anymore.

3) HAIR

If you have long hair, CUT IT. and if you don't want to cut it, then USE a BANDANNA or PIN to keep it up whenever ur not out. I have real long hair, and if I keep my hair down for 3 days I get acne all over my forehead. I hold my hair up, and I dont get acne on my forehead.

4) USE ACNE PRODUCTS

I say Retin-A is a must use. It heals scars/and pigmentations, whilst unplugging hair follicles. If not use clearasil Ultra 3 days guaranteed with benzoyl 3.5% clear pore.

5) and lastly, this took me a long time to learn. DO NOT TOUCH Whitehead PIMPLES.

No matter how tempted you are to touch ur whiteheads, blackheads, whatever. Don't ever touch them. If you do, u'll be left with a shit load of red marks that will not go away for 6months ~ 1 year. Yea I know, it's gonna look ugly and disgusting to have a white thing just ready to pop on ur face for a week. But trust me, 1 week is better than 1 year.

Why isn't anyone recommending vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)? Never heard of it? It's the second thing most effective behind accutane. I was considering Accutane, but thank God I found out about vit B5, I only wish I had known about it sooner.

pantothenic acid B5 works pretty well especially in controlling oily skin. i actually stopped taking the pills though when i started dan's regimen last september. dan's has actually kept my skin pretty clear. i still get a few pimples every few weeks but thats it. now i know that dan's regimen works and i'm gonna start using B5 again. the thing that sucks about it is that u have to take so many pills a day. that plus my multivitamins & fish oil... omg i'll be taking about 15 pills a day lol. i just have to deal with my scars from the past now.

i was also on accutane a few years ago. it worked great when i was on it but a few months after my acne came back. i didn't really have an side effects from it though. occasionally my nose would bleed but thats about it. i really wish i'd known about b5 and dan's regimen back then though.

Why isn't anyone recommending vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)? Never heard of it? It's the second thing most effective behind accutane. I was considering Accutane, but thank God I found out about vit B5, I only wish I had known about it sooner.

I took the powder version as it is less expensive. The high dose is only at the beginning. Now I only take 500mg a day of Pantothenic acid(one capsule) and a vit B complex capsule and that's it. Never used fish oil though.

I once took 10grams a day for a month. Tell me what sucks more taking the capsules or having acne. :P

forget my other post about going on accutane, tane will cause a bit of scarring. go online, type in "B5" and get some. i usually get it for $45 shipped and it works wonders. i'm planning on going on it again. and dude...tj101 i use to take 10g a day too which is 20 freaking pills! but you know what, i didnt give a damn cuz it worked!

I took the powder version as it is less expensive. The high dose is only at the beginning. Now I only take 500mg a day of Pantothenic acid(one capsule) and a vit B complex capsule and that's it. Never used fish oil though.

I once took 10grams a day for a month. Tell me what sucks more taking the capsules or having acne. :P

Where do you get your B5?

hey what 's up guy i just wondering how your skin doing right now.but i just look at your pics i think your skin does'nt look bad at all you just got the acne in the forehead area. and there is no scar .. u must be happy about that . yeah 2 day ago 2/17 that was the first time i went to see my derm , the conversation between me and my derm was like enough 3 minutes . but i asked him to but me on acccutane ...he just told me a bunch of stuff llike you need to use some regular medicine first...and accutane is the lasting rresult ..and something like that ...and he put me on tetra..some thing .and benzaclin at morning and the differin gel at night ..oh shitt those gel cost me a lot of money ..that just so crazy ..i am broke now.

and i don't understand why even know anyone , any derms know the accutane is work wonderful job for acne . but derm never give us accutane right away instead of taking some other stuff do'nt work , that is so stupid just like wasting time and money. to see what happen and then come back to them. i think that the reason why derm never give us accutane at first. but i reeally hope that those stuff he got me will help ..just pray and pray... :pray: