Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sliqx

Asian Male Need Help!

Hi guys, I recently stumbled upon this website and thought I'd ask people on here who can help. I am a 17 year old asian (chinese) male who has moderate to severe acne. Currently, I am using the MURAD regime but I don't think it's helping me at all. I tend to break out a lot (white heads, and especially blackheads) all over my forehead. My forehead is so bad that it's scarred up pretty good, with little holes everywhere. I'm also having a big problem now on my lower right chin. It didn't start happening until the beginning of this summer.... and my chin is breaking out very bad. What do you guys recommend me try to do? My mom makes me this chinese herbal tea thats sopposely "works" but it does not seem to help at all! Also, I heard that MSM Pills help reduce acne.. but I just don't know what to do. My face is so blotchy red because of my acne, and I've been suffering from this since I was 13. PLEASE HELP!!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Dude, you need to get on Accutane before it gets any worse. Trust me, it will get worse. Forget about creams or lotions. Get on Bactrim DS antibiotics for immediate relief, and STAY ON IT at least 6 weeks into Accutane, because you want to avoid the initial Tane' breakout. If your doc. is not willing to prescribe any of these for you, tell em' to FUCK OFF and find one that will.

I used MURAD and to tell you the truth.... it did not work for me!

How long have you been on MURAD?

Well.....as you know....we all have different kinds of skin.....MURAD might work for

you and it might not. :S

I just started using clearasil's daily wash.....then I use BP and the final thing I use is a lotion.

well my skin has improved but not completely....to be honest....I don't know what to recommend. :(

I've heard Accutone isn't good and shouldn't be used... I've been on Murad for about 3 weeks now, and at first I thought man, this stuff really does work! Then my acne begins coming back again. The only thing I like about Murad is that when I wash my face, I think it opens up my pores because my face feels fresh and real clean! But, my face is still really inflamming red... As for a skin dermatologist, we've made an appointment and the next available spot is Feburary 3rd. Thats why I came here to get help, because I feel like my face is starting to deteroriate(sp?). I'm starting to have a few pimples here and there on my cheek, and I think eventually if I don't do anything, my face will be covered with acne. Kinda like how it was on my chin, there was just a little bit there and eventually there was a bunchhhhh! So yes, it is very stressful, especially at my age. :confused:

go to a derm asap, you'll regret it if you dont, trust me i'm not kidding. ps dont drink alcohol...i dont know y but when i had acne on my forehead and drank alcohol i literally could feel those bastards rising. again get to a derm

first of all...relax...supposedly you can break out because of stress and fatigue and a bad diet (well the bad diet isn't healthy for you anyway...so just eat good)...accutane is ok, at least in america, but you must have a paper trail saying that you have tried antibiotics and stuff...so just relax, talk to your derm and see what they say. Good a good cleanser and wash two times a day (no more) maybe see about an Over the counter drug...so to that forum and see what they say. But again, Accutane isn't that bad

dude, if you dont want to go on accutane, there are OTHER options. You should go to a dermatologist asap and get some perscriptions.

he'll probably perscribe topicals and perhaps an antibiotic.

I personally didnt want to use accutane because of the horror stories you here, BUT for every horror story you have lots of success stories, so it's really your call.

but like i said, if thats not something you want to do, there are other things that will clear you right up. When i was a teen i had bad acne too, probably about as bad as yours, and my doc perscribed differin gel and benzaclin and it cleared me up. I didnt have bad acne again till i was 21, which im now on an antibiotic and i'm pretty clear.

the problem now for me is that after my acne got out of control again a few years ago, i foolishly tried to cure it "naturally" or holisitically, and as a result i was left with some scarring, which SUCKS.

from the looks of things, you dont have any scars, so nip this shit in the bud NOW before you wind up with scars, like so many of us here. and believe me, if you think acne is bad, scars are even worse. peace.

I just don't want my face to get scarred up anymore. I googled the side effects for Accutone and found that it can cause depression, weakness in bone, etc. and that kind of scares me. Last year, I went to the derma and he prescribed me some topicals, but I dont think they helped. Maybe I should switch my diet.... maybe try eating a couple apples a day. Usually for breakfast, I eat a small bowl of oatmeal with milk. Then I eat at school for lunch, and usually they have junk food and I buy it. I think I will start packing a turkey wheatbread sandwich, an apple, banana, and a bottle of water. For dinner, we always eat rice, chicken, and some type of vegetable. What regimes on this forum have people found really useful for severe acne? I saw the one about steaming your face for 10 minutes, then eating a bunch of apple then put vinegar over your face, did they work for some people? ALso, I notice that when I put the acne cream from murid on my forehead, it tends to burn and irritate my skin, causing it to turn more red. My mother said that its soppose to, that its actually going inside your blackheads and killing the bacteria. But I thought that if something is irratating the skin, to not use it at all? AND when washing face, is it good to use cold water? i notice that it doesnt cause my face to turn out red as hot water does. sorry for the lengthy questions!!!

toss the junk especially sweets. drink primarily water like 4-5 bottles a day. that apple myth is bs "eat apples for 3 days and you get clear skin...blah blah blah" and if those topicals arent working tell him! step up and say something cuz he'll just keep giving you weak treatments and prolong your acne

I googled the side effects for Accutone and found that it can cause depression, weakness in bone, etc. and that kind of scares me.

Hi. that's that i thought too initially when I hread about accutane about 4 years ago. I was freaked out of my mind, coz of all the side effects, but you know what? I didn't go on it and my acne just became worse and worse and worse. I tried everything possible besides accutane, NOTHING helped. (antibiotics, birht control pills, and forget useless topicals). It didn't do shit. I think for the kind of severe acne that we both have, accutane is the way to go. I went on it this summer and it was the best thing I coudl have done. I wasted 4 years doing useless treatments that just ended up scarring my face really badly. So, my only regret is NOT having gotten accutane earlier. Don't worry about the side effects. What medicine doesn't have them? Yes, it would be stupid to not understand what they are and what they could potentially do, but don't start thinking you will get major depression, liver failure, etc etc. It happens to a small minority of ppl.

Most of the ppl I know, they think it's been the best thing they could have done for their skin. Right now you're at the border b/w moderate and severe acne and it will get worse. I hate to sound so negative, but I'm truly trying to help. I went through the same thing, thinking it'll get better, it'll get better. But it didn't. Talk to a derm and ask them for accutane. Trust me, murad isn't going to work.

Hope you figure something out and all the best. :)

I had worse skin than you and I was prescribed Accutane by my doctor. My parents didn't let me go on it though because they were afraid I would commit suicide or something since I was already depressed.

Dan's regimen worked for me. My success started out with Proactiv but it didn't quite do the trick so I changed some things out and I haven't gotten any new lesions for a while. Basically I switched to a different cleanser and I used a good moisturizer.

The only other thing that worked for me was Erythromycin--which stopped working because the acnes bacteria grew immune to it. :mad:

As for Murad--it is so ineffective I could swear it's a scam!

Do you touch your face? If you get the cystic king of acne, ice your face so that the swelling will go down.. I only get that type on my back which is genetic from my dad.. I use to get them on my chin as well but I always touched my face..

Sliqx

Wow when I saw your posted pictures it was like looking at a reflection of myself. I'm asian as well and have a major problem with acne on my forehead (looks exactly like yours). I've tried it all (except Accutane) and now I have become immune to anitbiotics and certain topicals as well.

I've been doing Dan's regime for about 2 months now and its worked pretty well wtih controlling the acne, but not making it any better. My forehead is still red with dark spots from old acne scars throughout the regimen. My acne is still present with 3-4 cysts near my temple area and a few cysts and whiteheads on my forehead.

Next week on the 20th I'm going in to try the Blue light therapy with the levulan (sp.?). Hpefully these sessions with give me a better base for my face.

Keep us updated on what you're doing to control this problem.

Yeah, it really sucks because I feel like I am the only asian who has this problem, but I know I'm not. I look around in my classrooms and I notice that I'm the only one who has the bad acne.. but my school is pretty awsome because no one has ever said anything about my acne, which makes my self-esteem feel much better! :)

But do you guys think with my severity of acne, I should go on Dan's Regime? It looks so simple, some benzyl peroxide and some cream. I remember I went to Meijers and got a 10% BP but I didn't like it because it made my forehead turn really red and really dry. What about any chinese herbal or medicines have anyone found to be successful?

And for BWChen, how did Accutane go for you?

so like are the things on my forehead, cysts, acne, or blackheads? what about on my chin? should i ice my face once in a while...

My GOD!!

Isn't MURAD a killer to your skin? When I used there Clarifying Gel Step 2 it was killing my skin and it gave me more Acne than ever.

Your Acne does look a bit Sever try using Accutane is your best shot. If you use Dan's Regimen I think it may aggrivate it more and it's very drying if you just start using it. Accutane does have it side effects but it WORKS!!

I would say stop using Murad and try a simple regimen by using a liquid soap or bar soap and just applying a moisturizer.

Also you can try out those Chinese Doctors that check your pulse and your tounge and they give you some herbs to make as a tea they taste really NASTY but it may work. You gotta drink them for a month tho.

Try those out. I have that type of Acne a bit less but not on my forhead but on my side temple areas they HURT very badly.

Good Luck To you man!!

I just don't want my face to get scarred up anymore. I googled the side effects for Accutone and found that it can cause depression, weakness in bone, etc. and that kind of scares me. Last year, I went to the derma and he prescribed me some topicals, but I dont think they helped. Maybe I should switch my diet.... maybe try eating a couple apples a day. Usually for breakfast, I eat a small bowl of oatmeal with milk. Then I eat at school for lunch, and usually they have junk food and I buy it. I think I will start packing a turkey wheatbread sandwich, an apple, banana, and a bottle of water. For dinner, we always eat rice, chicken, and some type of vegetable. What regimes on this forum have people found really useful for severe acne? I saw the one about steaming your face for 10 minutes, then eating a bunch of apple then put vinegar over your face, did they work for some people? ALso, I notice that when I put the acne cream from murid on my forehead, it tends to burn and irritate my skin, causing it to turn more red. My mother said that its soppose to, that its actually going inside your blackheads and killing the bacteria. But I thought that if something is irratating the skin, to not use it at all? AND when washing face, is it good to use cold water? i notice that it doesnt cause my face to turn out red as hot water does. sorry for the lengthy questions!!!

in my experience, the diet thing really doesnt help acne. i've done some serious stuff, like serious dietary switches, i've fasted, done liver purges, switched to only organic food, cut out all sugar, etc, and the improvement on my acne was minimal at best. i'm not saying you shouldnt try, everyone is different, but in my expeirence it didnt really help my acne (although it helped my overall health).

maybe you need to start taking an antibiotic. ask you dermatologist about them. peace.

I might just have to go to another dermatologist, where my insurance doesnt cover it since that'd be the quickest way to see one. Yeah I am definitely returning the MURAD, it does not work at all! What do you guys think the dermatologist will give me for my treatment? I will have to ask him about getting accutane. How long do you usually have to be on it for?

Sliqx

I never took accutane. I've taken every other perscribtion (oral and topical).

I'm gonng go in on the 20th to a derm. and I will begin a therapy called Blu-light therapy with levulan. It uses a blu-light and some other checmicals to contorl your acne. I want to try this before I consider doing the accutane, only because its alomst winter break and I will get a chance to recover from the blu-light therapy.

The process takes about 3-4 sessions spaced about 3-4 weeks apart.

This might look bad but its only on certain areas of your face.

Here is what you need to do:

1.) USe BP gel and moistruizer. This did wonders for me on my forehead, I no longer have acne there.

2.) Go on Accutane if you can afford it

3.) DONT USE MURAD (it sucks), Loreal or neutrogena products.

4.) Screw BLUE LIGHT, this is way too expensive for what it offers. It wont work long term to prevent any new acne from coming, unless you can afford to go every month forever.