Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deancreus

Two questions on regimen

Hello,

If anyone could help me out here Id be very grateful....

1) Regarding the regimen and sun whats the deal? Can I or cant I because Im generally in the sun a bit and tan quite easily - will this change? I mean why shouldnt you go in the sun and does it REALLY matter?

2) Some people are recommending neutrogen multi vit for red marks and I know others have different lotions etc they use. I was just wondering where you fit these into the regimen as I would like to incorporate it but wasnt sure where it is best too.

On another issue have many people had accutane for pesistent mild/moderate acne as opposed to severe acne and did it work for you? I am just curious as to whether this is an option to me, another member of the 'tried a zillion and one lotions already with no real results' #-o

have u ever gotten sunburned before? if u have its prolly a good idea to use a lotion with an spf of at least 15. benzoyl peroxide just makes u a little more sun sensitive...

yeah i think... ive never been burned -with or without bp - i have medium colored skin cuz i have a mix of white, and hispanic

I actually found that my skin was less sensitive. Maybe I am a freak???!!! Anyway, I went to the beach & never burned (and my nose always burns even with SPF15). I did notice, however, that the skin on my face is a few shades lighter than the skin on the rest of my body. Seems the BP bleaches out the tan. Anyone else experience this?

I haven't had any problems with sun sensitivity and the regimen. I live at the beach and I'm out in the sun all the time. Most of the time I wear lotion w/ SPF 15 (I still tan anyway), but even when I don't the BP hasn't made any difference. If you tan easily and don't burn much... I would say not to really worry about it. Although, you do know it is better to wear spf regardless :)