Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was wondering if anyone knew of any other type of perscription oral drug for acne. i have tried minocycline, tetracycline, birth control pills, and accutane. the only thing that worked well was the accutane and a few months after i stopped taking it (i took it for 6 months) the breakouts came back and it's not just a few little ones - it's a lot of them all over my face. i never had severe acne and i still don't but i have it bad enough to where i become extremely paranoid about people looking at me without any cover-up on and when i can't cover it up i don't leave the house. i am paranoid that people will look down upon me and think that i am disqusting. i am a 21yr old female, and unfortunately have been trying to deal with depression for the last 7-8 years and the whole break out thing is driving me insane, it only makes my anxiety worse and it gets to the point where i don't go to work and i don't go out and have fun because i can't "cover it up". for some reason i can't get the idea out of my head that you don't have to have clear skin to be pretty.

so if anyone knows of anything else i could try please help. i have also tried retin-a, azalex cream and differin gel, as well as the over the counter stuff - proactiv (did nothing but make it worse i might add), clearasil, stridex and all that stuff. even herbal - tee trea oils and vitamin supplements.

thanks