Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
natuerwild

Pimples are turning into huge red marks ;(

I'm very scared right now.... my face has tons of redmarks as it is, but I dont remember having skin condition this bad.

Right now, a new pimple is formed everyday.. I can see/feel the red bump.

What I do is I quickly cover it with BP gel until the swelling goes down. Now here's the problem. The swelling did go down, but they dont totally blend in with the skin. They just become a permanent small bump which are visibly red... and it's as big as when the swelling is at its peak!!

I'm totally lost on what to do :(

Try applying some ice. If you can get neosporin or polysporin they help the pimple heal and helps reduse redness.

The redness is caused by dilated red blood cells near the skin surface (apparently). When your acne isn't as prominent you could try glycolic acid to try and reduce their effect. I've also read here thet bp can make red marks more intense.

I've experienced this kind of "scarring".

Time is the only healer.

Two products i believe that have helped me are as follows:

Neutrogena Clear Pore Gel

Neutrogena visibly clear mosituriser containg aloe.

Hope that helps.

J.

ahhhhhhhhh thats exactly what i have right now and its been there for over a week now, I've never had this before, and just like you i quickly cover it with bp and the swelling has decreased, but only temporarily, by night it'll be back to its full size, and it is REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, i hear alot of ppl talking about neosporin or something, where can i find that?? thanks

ahhhhhhhhh thats exactly what i have right now and its been there for over a week now, I've never had this before, and just like you i quickly cover it with bp and the swelling has decreased, but only temporarily, by night it'll be back to its full size, and it is REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, i hear alot of ppl talking about neosporin or something, where can i find that?? thanks

If you live in Canada, you can only get it through prescription.

If you live in US, I think you can buy it anywhere.

If you live anywhere else, no idea sory :(

At least your swelling goes back to its full size.. mine just stays flat and uncurable!!!

trust me i'd rather have them small and uncurable than full size and uncurable:cry:

ughhh i live in canada, that sucks if i have to get it through prescription only :confused::cry:

Guest Poker-Butt

tell me about it... does red marks blow i have like 20 ...and big ones :| and im not even exaggerating

if ur red marks are not active pimples like mine, then try proactiv lightening lotion, worked for me on old red marks, but i have to wait till these stupid pimples cool down before applying any of it on