Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr.420

heres something you people should really read.

well ive been through it all to say the least and its sucks. but i dont know how some people on this site come to the conclusion that accutane,the regimen, and overdosing on vitamin b5 are the only way to see any results(overdoing b5 causes a lack of the other b vitmains.....bad for the skin ).

i have to say that bp fucks up your skin it really does not matter how dan puts it. you also become dependant on it completely. accutane is last option and rightfully so. a reasonable intake of the right vitmains can make a dramatic help as you are what you eat. the right cleanser does matter(cetaphil), but the amount of times you wash your face really doesent matter as long as its once every couple of days and you splash water on your face more than twice per day to hydrate it naturally(use sea salt water). milk will usually cause some acne so try to stay away from it if you can and generally eat as healthy as you can aswell as possibly some vitmain intake daily.

here are some things i did as a short easy regimen to cure my acne:

acne cure#1: vitmain b complex and c everyday, cetaphil once every one or two days along with constantly dipping my face in a sea salt water basin 3 times a day or so( your face will quikly adjust to your home made sea water within a few days of daily application. now i cant explain it but this just works. no table salt, just sea salt.

acne cure#2: flax seed oil and washing with cetaphil once a day.

acne cure #3: the regimen, it works, it will clear you but its a bitch to do every day, you become dependant on that bp and its bad for your skin.

here are soem things that i should not have done:

#1:popping pimples that didnt need it. unless its begging for it dont pop, resist the urge as a zit will heal up faster than a redmark in most cases.

#2: beleiving topical treatments where better than internal treatments. oh well you say they are!!!dan does tooo....OMG YOUR ALL WRONG as the only thing that cures acne for good is accutane which is an internal treatment...im not trying to prove a point im just giving you an idea that internal treatments are proven effective. as well as moisturizers containing these nutrients that your skins needs but ceasing to deliver them because the technology developed to penetrate the skin isnt proven and the nutrients just sit on your skin doing nothing with half of all kinds of products that a person will use.when what you need is inside you , you get a constant flow of nutrients that isnt phased by a shower.

last comments:

you all may think im wrong but im not the one begging for clear skin anymore, its your choice to follow a rediculouis regimen or a simple one. i coudlent name all the things ive tried and that exactly why im tellign you to try this. by my own trial and error ive typed this to help others. so basicly my bottom line is what you put into your body will show, cleansing is not as crucial as you may think but the kind of cleanser you use is. but most importantly. take a proper combonation of vitamins daily, try to eat healthy if you can and use that salt water becasue its not only good for the skin but its helps naturally get rid of dead skin. leave your skin alone, do a simple regimen, get clear. as for the saltwater make sure to not add to much salt until your skin is accustomed to it as you can irratate your skin if you jump in at potent sea salt water on day one. give it two or three days until your up to full. this is one of those things where genrally it simply gets bretter. no initial break outs. i have friends that have followed what i do to get clear skin. salt water 3 or 4 times a day on the face( just dip your face in a basin for 10 seconds), cetaphil and washing no more than once every day. good luck.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I think you've well and truly blurred the line between telling people what worked for you, and thinking that your solution is the only one!

im trying to tell you that a complicated regimen isnt always needed and that a simpler one is good for your skin. the regimen is bad for your skin, constant bp application is just not good for your skin period. im not trying to diss anything im just informing. no need for childish namecalling "annoyed at acne", but i wont hold it aginst your because oviously in your rage of being annoyed by acne you act immature and rude to a person simply trying to inform that thier are other ways.THE REGIMEN HAS CLEARED ME SO I KNOW WHAT IT DOES AND DOES NOT DO. ONE THING IT DOES NOT DO IS KEEP YOUR SKIN HEALTHY. ONE THIGN IT DOES DO IS MAKE YOU COMPLETELY DEPENDANT ON THE REGIMEN. THAT IS WHY I HAVE OFFFERED THESE MORE SIMPLE SOLUTIONS. IM SORRY FOR TRYING TO HELP. please only positive responses as this is a positive community. and anyone who acts like an asshole without even reading enough to comprehend what im saying aswell on basing a response on negetavity and lack of information well i guess we will see where that gets you in life.

I think your regime might work for people with specific skin conditions like keratosis pilaris and eczema where BP and SA can potentially irritate the skin.

I've had KP all my life and when I started washing my face with an actual facial cleanser (at the suggestion of my mom and sister) around age 18, I started getting acne. At the time I thought it was because I hadn't taken care of my face for so long. The more I washed or treated my acne, the worse it became. Finally, I just gave up all my products (treatments, washes, and special moisturizers) and switched to the water thing like you mentioned. I only wash my face with a gentle cleanser every other day and put regular body lotion on my cheeks/chin in the morning and at night. Since doing this, my face has been rapidly clearing up and looking much healthier.

I remember when I used all of those other acne products, even when clear, my skin always looked tired and gross.

In other words, good suggestion..but I don't think it will be as (if at all) effective for everyone, especially people with bad cystic acne. To each their own, but I do think it should be tried at least for awhile.

of coarse your skin looks fine, thats what the regimen does, but it still makes your skin very dependant on that bp, and it made my skin pale and feel very unhealthy. like my skin started to really get bright and i mean if your skin is getting blaeched it cant be good for it. i give up tryign to ramble on like im a scientist but i find acne to be able tyo go away with soem other treatment a natural one, faster and without so amny other thigns happening along the way. the regimen was under standible bad at first even after i got used ot it i couldent do it all the time and it felt like shit. i need to get some sleep, jesus. the regimen kicks ass if you want clear skin, but so do allot fo other treatments, and they dotn requite so much time, efffort and consitency, and such problems in the beggining. i just wnated to show people some ways to improve thier skin so they know tha natural treaemnts do work aswell.

I think you got something here. About the Sea Salt and using it everyday. Since I have tried this before but only as a toner. It actually worked but irritated my skin. I'm gonna try this out just dipping your face in the water with the sea salt. Since it actually does unclog pores and cleans them right out.

I do intake Flax seed Oil but i don't think about dabbing it on my face since I have enough oil on my face as it already has. I already take Multivitamins and other vitamins. As for cetaphil i would use any other cleanser.

I absolutely agree with mr.420 BP can make you dependant on it and it's also bad for the skin in the long run. Why you ask? Long term usuage can give you CLEAR SKIN. But as you age it gives you wrinkles, lines, crow's feet, It makes your face unhealthy.

And if you do not agree then just ask yourself this? What are the ingrdients for BP? ANSWER: Mainly CHEMICAL INGREDIENTS!!!!

I'm currently using some natural products and i'm seeing a total difference in my skin. Although it's worse as it is. It looks health and not dry and sulking. I don't use moisturizer everyday as i need to when using natural products as for chemicalized products you have to use moisturizer no matter what.

Well that's jusy my input.

GOOD LUCK!!

Applying the bp twice a day isnt bad. It's just like remembering to take pills, vitamins, eating certain foods, applying moisturizer every night to keep face looking young...etc. I dont know how bad it is for the face but its really helping me as long as you put moisturizer it's fine. I think Ive been on it off and on for more than 6 years or maybe even longer than that could be more than 8 years. I just dont remember when I started using bp. So far it hasnt damaged my skin. But its not like we are all gonna have to depend on it forever. Many people's bad acne stops like when they are a certain age. 30 sometimes. Sometimes a little older than that. I'm 28 now. So hopefully I just stop getting it one of these days. My brother doesnt have it anymore and hes in his early 30s. But I think his went away after he took some pills .

I think you got something here. About the Sea Salt and using it everyday. Since I have tried this before but only as a toner. It actually worked but irritated my skin. I'm gonna try this out just dipping your face in the water with the sea salt. Since it actually does unclog pores and cleans them right out.

I do intake Flax seed Oil but i don't think about dabbing it on my face since I have enough oil on my face as it already has. I already take Multivitamins and other vitamins. As for cetaphil i would use any other cleanser.

I absolutely agree with mr.420 BP can make you dependant on it and it's also bad for the skin in the long run. Why you ask? Long term usuage can give you CLEAR SKIN. But as you age it gives you wrinkles, lines, crow's feet, It makes your face unhealthy.

And if you do not agree then just ask yourself this? What are the ingrdients for BP? ANSWER: Mainly CHEMICAL INGREDIENTS!!!!

I'm currently using some natural products and i'm seeing a total difference in my skin. Although it's worse as it is. It looks health and not dry and sulking. I don't use moisturizer everyday as i need to when using natural products as for chemicalized products you have to use moisturizer no matter what.

Well that's jusy my input.

GOOD LUCK!!

Everyone should be applying moisturizer/sunblock during the day and at night, even the people with clear skin if they want to take care of their face and keep it looking young.

I always apply Moisturizer with sunblock Olay for Sensitive skin to be exact. It's a bit chemicalized but it's an awesome moisturizer and protects the skin well from the wind and the sun.

(4444)cure your self(222222)with natural(0000)methods

just to all you first timers out thier, the first time you smoke budz your skin will clear up automaticly as a natural body reaction to intaking the combonation of of getting baked. hell yeah. make this world a better place. full of stoners.if you dont beleive me, then see for yourself!!!

i currently use cetaphil face wash and treat pimples by icing them and spot treating with BP and overnight aspirin paste. this seems to work okay but i would also like to eventually eliminate bp.. how should i go about slowly decreasing the bp cause i still get acne(usually small cyst-like acne a few millimeters big.. not those little pimples) although its a lot better now..

420..i dont know about that..i smoked all day every day since i was 12,and when i stopped for the first time ever a few months ago my face lokked 10x's better.on the other hand DOPE will clear your skin right the fuck up!!but its deffinately not worthe it.

I will try the sea salt water. That is pretty interesting that sea salt water works but what is more interesting is that you say weed will help? Is that really true and do you know why?

no i was lying to you, just encouraging people to blaze up. but in fact i dont think smoking weed has any effect at all, good or bad. the sea salt with flake off redmarks in many cases in a very nice fasion. aswell as decrease acne. normal sea water is 3-3.5% sea salt. so that means youll need about 70 ml of sea salt added to 2 litres of water. i reccomend starting at a lower amount of salt. such as 45-50 ml. make sure you mix it with warm water and let it break down as much as it can by giving it a nice stir/shake depending how your making it. if your skin becomes a bit dry at first its completely normal and will be normal very quikly.the salt will often really take off the dead skin cells so if your face becomes flakey it wont be for long and will feel much better after you dip your face in some normal water.

just remeber its just like dipping your face in the ocean so dont worry. any side effects will be very temporary and very minimal.your skin wont be peeling off or nothign like that, it jsut mgith get a bit flakey anywhere you have redmarks, and even so a good brush exfoliation will fix that within seconds.give your skin a few days to adjust and youll be fine.