Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CTDani

Off Antibiotics--on with more zits

Ok, although I'll be starting Accutane soon (once my insurance co approves it), I still gotta ask...have any of you noticed an INCREASE in your acne after coming off of antibiotics? My skin is more oily NOW than it was prior to the meds. Ive been off them for two weeks, and my skin is disgusting.

Another question, the post hyperpigmentation from minocycline that looks like a dirty suntan (I have darker patches of skin over my lip), how long does it take for this to go away? Ive been off mino for 2.5 months now. Doxy for 2 weeks.

Thanks all

--Dani

i too noticed my skin was a lot worse after coming off antibiotics than before i started them.

well accutane didnt work for me..so i noticed my skin got worse when i stopped...my face was clear after my six month cycle was done..but the day RIGHT after i stopped..my skin became so oily...and has been oily ever since...while i was on it my skin was bone dry..and after a month the acne came back..

and for hyperpigmentation..it always varies..who knows..