Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annoyed_at_acne

So far this is working!

Ok history first....I'm not sure if I have moderate or severe body acne, as I haven't been to a derm. about it in like 13 years. I know it's not mild though. I get it over my entire back, chest, shoulders, upper arms. I tried Retin-a, an antibiotic(can't remember which one), neither did a thing until finally I went on a birth control pill that cleared me up for several years. Unfortunatly I had to stop it due to side effects, and have been roaming these boards ever since. I tried a few things here, nothing really worked much. The only thing that worked a bit was Neutrogena Body Wash, but not a whole lot.

Anyway, I tried the Jessfoliation thing on my face and it didn't work out at ALL, made me get little bumps(zits? rash?), but my face is very sensitive. So I decided maybe I would try something similar to my body, but harsher....so I bought Neutrogena Body Scrub, and decided to use it with a back scrubber. At first I was like whooaaa this way harsh! I didn't think the body scrubber brush (Similar to this, I just bought mine at CVS) would feel that stiff, but I just kept using it anyway. After a few days my zits started clearing up!! So now I've been using it for about a couple weeks, and my body acne is barely there at all! :dance: If anyone decides to try this though, you have to make sure you start off scrubbing LIGHTLY, don't want to hurt yourself. I always just figured a body poof is the same as a scrub brush, but definitly not, my skin is now looking so much better!

What I do is:

1)Squeeze Neutrogena Body Scrub onto a body poof, then lightly spread the lather over acne-prone areas. I even wipe the body poof onto the scrub brush first just to make sure there's lots of lather.

2)Take scrub brush and lightly brush over areas. After awhile your skin gets more used to it so you don't have to be as gentle, I usually scrub areas more then once.

3)Let the body wash stay on you for about 2 minutes. If you wash it off immediatly it won't work as well!!

4)Wash off.

YAY!!

That's soooo good for you. My derm and some other doctors also recomended me using this or the Dial Liquid soap. The Dial clear it up fast. But i still have it here and there. I'll try this method soon enough.

Keep it up and hope you keep on getting the results. That brush really seems harsh I use the Loofa one which is all spongy.

iceboi- yeah it is a bit harsh, my skin is pink after I do it(but quickly fades to normal). But hey, it works so I'm stickin with it!!

mr.mike- I read the same things too. Though I think this is working due to the combination of the scrub and the brush. And yes, that is the body scrub.

So far still doing very good....I'm so glad, cause I was seriously considering Accutane or some other perscribed stuff from a Derm. I'm wondering if anyone will try this too and see if it works, I hope so!

iceboi- yeah it is a bit harsh, my skin is pink after I do it(but quickly fades to normal). But hey, it works so I'm stickin with it!!

mr.mike- I read the same things too. Though I think this is working due to the combination of the scrub and the brush. And yes, that is the body scrub.

So far still doing very good....I'm so glad, cause I was seriously considering Accutane or some other perscribed stuff from a Derm. I'm wondering if anyone will try this too and see if it works, I hope so!

If you want a good natural scrub use sea salt or sugar (granulated not icing!!!) It makes your skin baby soft and is also soothing if you have bacne!

If you want a good natural scrub use sea salt or sugar (granulated not icing!!!) It makes your skin baby soft and is also soothing if you have bacne!

Yeah but that's not medicated....I'm just going to stick with this since it's working.

I am going to get the brush tommorow...

They dont seem to sell the body scrub in Australia :(

Actually other than stuff at special boutique stores we seem to lack products with AHA/BHA acids in them.

The products that do exist at local convenience stores are tiny quantities for insane prices.

i got a brush from bath an body works i use for my back and chest along with dove sensitive skin soap bar.

I lather up and scrub away. When i get out i use tea tree oil on a wettened cotton pad and use it as a toner on my back and chest/shoulders.

Still got some spots but its clearing very well.

*bump* So how is this working for the people who have tried it? I still get a tiny bit of acne, like clogged pores and occasional zit that goes away in like, one day. So I'd say I'm 90% clear, which still is totally AWESOME. I'm thinking of adding something like a gentle toner, and putting it in a spray bottle and just sprizting it on either after a shower or something. I think someone with milder acne wouldn't even have to do this, but mine when in "full bloom" is more moderate/severe.

How often are you using the scrub? Once a day, or twice a day? I used the Neutrogena stuff in the past, and started using it again recently. I am using it twice a day, and I think it's too much. I started breaking out on my shoulders. I love the way it makes the skin feel though. Maybe once a day is good enough.

I like the neutrogena body scrub alot... and i have the same back scrubber you do and at first I felt like it was tearing my skin off. LOL Most of us can handle that on our backs since our skin is probably a lot thicker there.

How often are you using the scrub? Once a day, or twice a day? I used the Neutrogena stuff in the past, and started using it again recently. I am using it twice a day, and I think it's too much. I started breaking out on my shoulders. I love the way it makes the skin feel though. Maybe once a day is good enough.

I use it once a day. Are you using a scrub brush with it or a poof? I really think the scrub brush helps.

AS of now, I am just using the Neutrogena with my hands as I apply it to my back. I leave it on for a few minutes before I rinse. I have a back brush that I use after I use the cleanser. Maybe I'll try using the brush while I apply the cleanser. I'm also cutting back to once a day as well.

Well I suppose mine is more persistant then, I've been doing it for a little under a week but it's slowly improving...

omg, i used that stuff too. its sooooo good!!! mine went away in like two weeks completely. i had bacne half over my back. u can't see it tho. but definently feel it.

i used the cloth scrubber with the neutrogena body scrub with the microbeads. it works so good. u mite think it would be harsh but once you get use to it...its totally not.

whatever u do tho, is not think about it. and don't pick, it makes little patches of tiny pimples wich is soo gross.

I used to get bacne. Not so much at all at the moment, however. Nearly totally clear. But I would really love to keep it that way.

Reckon I should buy the stuff and start using it to prevent it coming back? Or would you suggest I just keep doing absolutely nothing and seeing if I stay (basically) clear?

Well I suppose mine is more persistant then, I've been doing it for a little under a week but it's slowly improving...

Are you using the same products as me? How's it doing now? Unfortunatly I had to stop using it for a few days due to a rash I got (allergic to nickel!), and quickly started breaking out again :doubt: BUT I'm back to doing it, so it should be mostly gone soon.

Are you using the same products as me? How's it doing now? Unfortunatly I had to stop using it for a few days due to a rash I got (allergic to nickel!), and quickly started breaking out again :doubt: BUT I'm back to doing it, so it should be mostly gone soon.

wow.....good for y'all whoz been using neutrogena...

now several posts have described their back acne as moderate to severe....do u all have scars on ur back from all those years of acne.....i have tried to ask this on several boards but no luck yet....i just wanna talk to somebody who has somewhat controlled their acne but still suffers from bad scarring on arms, back and shoulder....what do u guys do for that...

waiting :wub:

Looks like my back is starting to do better (red marks are fading, few new breakouts). However, my chest still has these really really tiny pimples... Like the size of the very tip of a pen point... But still. Shouldn't they be disappearing?

Anyways, I like this regime of brushing my chest and back alot better then whatever else is out there, and in the past I did nothing topical to get rid of body acne. So this is working pretty good, hopefully I'll be clear soon.

Looks like my back is starting to do better (red marks are fading, few new breakouts). However, my chest still has these really really tiny pimples... Like the size of the very tip of a pen point... But still. Shouldn't they be disappearing?

Anyways, I like this regime of brushing my chest and back alot better then whatever else is out there, and in the past I did nothing topical to get rid of body acne. So this is working pretty good, hopefully I'll be clear soon.

I still get some of those too. Perhaps adding the use of SA pads once a day could help? I was thinking about that but I'm not going to bother till it's warmer out and showing more skin. Something else that could help is maybe try to scrub over the area more then once? Like do your chest, then back, then chest again. I find that in the more severe areas, if I am not diligent in scrubbing, I'll get a zit or two. But then I just make sure to scrub a lot over the next few days and it goes away.

juhi- yeah I have scars, the flat ones though not indented(my skin tends to only scar flat). I was thinking of buying some Walgreens brand alpha hydroxy cream, but I'm nervous as to whether it will irritate my skin.

ok, have a question for all of you? do you consider acne on the neck as part of body acne? I get acne on the neck alot and just wondering if using dial soap would help it? I get a little break out on my chest and some very lightly on my back so it would be no problem to do the dial soap or any antibacterial soap that has triclosan in it. Any comments on this? Thanks

i am excited to try this regimen. i have had bacne since the 9th grade and its never gone away

i recently tried Kavi soap but that didnt do anything for me.

i hope i see results with neutrogena

i'll let you guys know how it goes