Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

this lady suckered me into buying proactiv at the mall. i have mild acne. so i was just wondering if i should use it or do this stuff suck?

NO! GOD NO! I had mild acne and pro-activ is what turned it in to full-blown moderate acne, and made me have hyperpigmentation problems.

don't use it if ur acne isn't bad. for mild or hardly noticable acne, just use a nice face cleanser and moderate amounts of bp on acne-prone areas. proactive might have adverse effects rather than help ur skin

u know what u should've said to her if she was pressuring u to buy it? "wtf? you saying i have acne bitch? what is this? let me speak to your manager."

manager comes

"yo, this bitch keeps pushing this shit at me, and i take that as an insult."

manager fires crazy proactiv pusher

:dance:

I agree you should avoid Pro Active if you have mild acne. When I used Pro Active a few years ago it ruined my face my acne got worse after using it and I used it up to two months. You shouldn't use any harsh products if you have mild acne its going to make it worse.

You'll find different opinions on Proactiv. It works for some, doesn't work for others, and has been known to make things worse. The only real way to find out if it will work for you is to try it and stick with it for a period of time because everyone's skin is different. It's not a miracle and it won't happen over night. You have to give your skin time to adjust to see if it will work and don't get discouraged if it doesn't work.

I really think you should just stick with a cleanser like Purpose. And then just use some kind of spot treatment, like a mint julep mask. And try asprin masks.

DONT USE PROACTIV I HATE DR KATY FIELDS AND DR RODAN THEY LIED MY ACNE GOT WORSE AFTER AWHILE LOL DO DANS REGIMEN ITS DRYING BUT WORKS GOOD AN CHEAPER!

wait a minute? you mean to tell me that people approach you at the mall and try to get you to use proactiv?

i swear i wouldve been so embarassed.....

when i go to the mall, the last thing i want to be reminded of is acne....i wouldve been pissed if someone comes in my face trying to sell proactiv, which i tried already..

i probably wouldve told them to fuck off...

HELL NO! Proactive made my skin look worst....I'm not saying it's not going to work for you....I'm just trying to tell you that....maybe you should REALLY REALLY REALLY think about it.

Like someone once said on this message board....... "My skin did not look like Jessica Simpson's."

and you know what? That statement was soooo true.

NO! GOD NO! I had mild acne and pro-activ is what turned it in to full-blown moderate acne, and made me have hyperpigmentation problems.

I had the same thing happen to me... ProActiv is shit... I don't know what I was thinking when I tried them :wall:

I agree with the other posts in this thread, ProActiv just made my acne flare up worse everytime I tried it. Just go for a gentle clenser and spot treat, with a little asprin mask on the side. It's been working great for me.

ProActiv actually worked for me, but it dried and flaked my skin. I went off of it for a couple of months and my face just completely broke out. I'm back on the 3-step-system and it's doing a fairly good job. It's working with my skin, but then yeah, it won't work on everybody.

i am so fucking hate proactiv ...i don't know at the begining that i used it i felt like it's work for me..but right now that i think proactiv is a skin killer...you know what i means....

I used Proactiv for years. I had mild acne and it worked great for me for awhile. But eventually it just stops working as well for some reason. I have heard this from many people and my derm. That it works well at first but doesn't in the long run. I would recommend Dan's Clear Skin Regimen instead. It's somewhat similar to the principles of Proactiv but less irritating because it doesn't use a scrub like Proactiv does. And it seems to continue working over the long haul. Good luck!!!!

i actually don't hate it..murad is really the devil.

it was okay at first, but my skin kind of got used to it and somehow got worse. i had mild acne..so maybe i was just goin deeper into puberty and my face gradually got worse.

i say use it. but use it properly... don't 'scrub' with the face wash, and use very little of the lotion. and don't skip the toner either, it really helps! but make sure to use a sunscreen during the day because the toner will make your face more sensitive and prone to sunburns.

Proactiv didnt work for me. I gave it several months just to make sure I didnt give up on it too soon, and it really did make my face alot worse. And I followed the directions exactly...its not rocket science :mad: Someone suggested maybe I didnt use it properly, but I did. Anyways, some people have had good results...I didnt, wish they would refund money to those who tried it for several months....because 50 bucks a pop isnt chump change :snooty: