Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mz_minnie

tea tree oil - I think it's helping

I've been putting tea tree oil on my face for about a week now. I've been mixing a drop of it in with my bz ointment at night. (You're not supposed to use it full strength on your face.) I've noticed a remarkable improvement in the overall texture and "healthfullness" of my skin. I'm not sure if it's helping to fight pimples directly, but my skin deffiniely looks much better. Has anyone else tried this?

i have a pal who swears by tea tree, but I've never had any significant results..tho I'm glad you are!

i've been using Tea Tree Oil Soap + Clindamycin. I haven't used Dan's regimen yet because I'm not from the States and it's hard to find a 2.5% BP. My face isn't really clearing up but I have lesser break outs so I think that's a good thing. Ü

You can make 2.5% bp by thinning down 5% by half or 10% by 3/4. I think you could just use a good moisturizer to do it, but there's another recent thread on this board that gives a direct recipe. I've had good results with 5% benzac AC, which is prescription here but over the counter in many other places around the world.