Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Woot... nice thread.

I've tried, without success, many ways to reduce oil. Right now I'm using blotting sheet (using it like mad).

Hopefully the fish oil will help!!

Will update on my status in a week!

i'll start trying this out tomorrow & get back to you next year ;)

i hate blotting with sheets every few hours :(

Woot... nice thread.

I've tried, without success, many ways to reduce oil. Right now I'm using blotting sheet (using it like mad).

Hopefully the fish oil will help!!

Will update on my status in a week!

This is working for me, my face is not as oily as it used to be.. I'm on day 3

I am sure it is your imagination with day 3, unless you were taking some accutane with the fish oil...and that is saying taking accutane for more than 3 days...or a very high dosage like 120-160mg lol

You may be right, but now that I'm on day 8 I still think that it's helping me.

This is working for me, my face is not as oily as it used to be.. I'm on day 3

I am sure it is your imagination with day 3, unless you were taking some accutane with the fish oil...and that is saying taking accutane for more than 3 days...or a very high dosage like 120-160mg lol

I just bought some oil but I dont know if this is right one.

It says "salmon & fish oils" and the thing says to take 3 times a day.

Am I getting the right one? Should I go for 2 times a day or 3?

It's a 1000 mg softgel.

Update

13 days..one day shy of being two weeks that I been taking fish oil pills. I be honest with you all...it's not making any difference on my skin at all. Previously I had thought my oil was a bit controlled but it's the same and nothing has changed.

I will still be taking them cause for some reason they calm my anxiety...they make me a bit tranquil I can feel that and also I feel much healthier.

Skin wise...no effect.

If fish oil(omega -3) doesn't help with skin oil reduction for some people, then it should at least make your skin glow. I've been taking fish oil for 2 weeks now, and don't see much reduction in oil, but I do notice a nice glow. My skin looks healthy.

Hey oakes55555, since your skin oil is reduced greatly, how much acne do you get now, compared to before?

it's been 2 weeks at 3 x 1000mg fish oil capsules a day.

No difference. I'm gonna stop when my bottle runs out (1~2 more weeks).

Oh well.

If fish oil(omega -3) doesn't help with skin oil reduction for some people, then it should at least make your skin glow. I've been taking fish oil for 2 weeks now, and don't see much reduction in oil, but I do notice a nice glow. My skin looks healthy.

Hey oakes55555, since your skin oil is reduced greatly, how much acne do you get now, compared to before?

I guess even though it's hard to see now that I'm using Glycolic Acid it gives me also a glow. :D

I gave up on the pills. :)

10 days, my face is definitely less shiny than it was before.

I guess even though it's hard to see now that I'm using Glycolic Acid it gives me also a glow. :D

I gave up on the pills. :)

Hmm..I'm 2 weeks into 3 x 1000mg fish oil.

At first, I thought it didn't to jack, but these days my face has become increasingly dry...even after 12 hours (i wash twice a day) my face is NOT oily. Btw, I don't moisturize (I know I should but I am testing fish oil out)

It is either the current dry winter weather or this fish oil thing is working.

If anyone's experiencing extremem dryness that goes on for 12 hours (without moisturizing), tell me. If not, I guess the fish oil is working.

Tonight it will be a week that I'm taking Fish Oil capsules.

Not only do I sport a glow, but my oil has lessened also. I think the reason is because these capsules have controlled my anxiety...they make me calm lol

I will report fully on day 15 lol

Studies have been done on the lack of reported clinical depression in Asian countries, which consume mass amounts of fish. There probably is something to your assertion.

A failed experiment on my behalf to try and combat my oil, it helped combat my anxiety, nothing more.

Oh, and it made me breakout alot on my back and shoulders. Painful zits! :shock:

For me, I've taken fish oils for like, 3 months prior to this topic and saw no reduction in oil.

I think it's just all in the mind for some. Not saying it doesn't work for some people, but I just take it for health reasons.

As for that "glow", I don't notice it.

I just bought some fish oil, it was buy one get one free at osco so I snaged 2 bottles. If it doesn't reduce oil, that doesn't really matter, cause I know it's good for me anyways, and im trying to grow my hair long again, I think that may help a bit. But I will keep you posted on how it works oil wise.

fish oil made me really oily and i broke out more... one thing i did notice was i didn't have to wear deodorant

Works for me.. I still have oil, but nowhere near as much as before.. My face looks alot less shiny... I'm taking 1-2mg/day

Wow, you've gotten good results from only 1-2 milligrams of fish oil per day?? :D

FYI: the abbreviation of "gram" is not "mg". Use "g" or perhaps "gm", but do NOT use "mg". Better yet, simply type-out the full word "gram" to completely avoid confusion.

Bryan

Bryan your actually such a loser. Why do you try to combat EVERY comment people make about anything? I've read over the oily skin forums and I see your negative and defensive comments all over the place. I'm sure your the smartest person in the world in your eyes, but your not in everyone elses, so stop trying to be a smart-ass.

Bryan your actually such a loser. Why do you try to combat EVERY comment people make about anything? I've read over the oily skin forums and I see your negative and defensive comments all over the place. I'm sure your the smartest person in the world in your eyes, but your not in everyone elses, so stop trying to be a smart-ass.

LOL!! Just be glad he learned the difference between a gram ("g" or "gm") and a milligram ("mg")! :)

BTW, here's a little tip for YOU on grammar and spelling: instead of saying "Bryan your actually such a loser..." and "I'm sure your the smartest person..." and "but your not in everyone elses...", use the proper contraction: it's "you're", not "your".

Edited by bryan

LOL!! Just be glad he learned the difference between a gram ("g" or "gm") and a milligram ("mg")! :)

BTW, here's a little tip for YOU on grammar and spelling: instead of saying "Bryan your actually such a loser..." and "I'm sure your the smartest person..." and "but your not in everyone elses...", use the proper contraction: it's "you're", not "your".

I wondered how you've possibly been an active member of an acne forum for 6 years, and now I know.