Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saimiri

PLEASE HELP! Getting married in 3 days and have a cyst!!!!

I don't know what to do. It is now Monday night and I my wedding is on Friday so I need help! :)

2 days ago I got a pimple on my forehead. Usually if my pimples are ready, I pop them and then they heal with no scarring. Like an idiot, I thought this one was ready. Well, it wasn't, so by squeezing it I just made it "angry". So now I have a large, red bump, with a small scab on the top because I broke the skin.

What do I do? I figure since I can't pop it, I should try to kill it by drying it out as fast as possible. So I started putting some bp on it. Going to the doctor is not an option. I am from NY but the wedding is in LA, which is where I am now and I just don't have the time to go looking for a derm.

So what is a fast way to get rid of this ugly thing on my forehead??????

Do I ice it, put alcohol, what?

Thanks in advance!

dont put BP or ice on it.

Instead get a towel and run hot (not scalding) water over it. Once it is sufficiently wet, hold it on your cyst for 10 or 15 minutes, making sure to keep your towel hot. That helps, for sure, but I dont know if you can get rid of any cyst in just 3 days.

also try putting hydrocortisone on it, except that usually helps more when it is just developing.

good luck.

Thanks Robby! I am not even 100% sure if "cyst" is the correct term for what I have. It started as one of those pimples that are red but not ready to pop. After I squeezed it early, it has become sort of like what I would consider a cyst (big, red, hurts when touched, and clearly there is pus way deep inside). Will the hot towel thing still work?

I disagree with the heat concept. If you had a boil, warm compresses would be recommended. These often cause the contents of the boil to come to the surface. Since this is a cyst-like acne lesion, I would definitely ice it as often as possible for up to a half hour each time. Make sure to keep a paper towel between the ice pack and your skin. OTC hydrocortisone cream can help somewhat. Here's what I don't understand. You are in LA, land of cosmetic surgery and superficial beauty. You should easily be able to find an emergency derm who could inject your lesion with cortisone. This will bring the lesion down almost immediately. You might have a red mark left which you can cover with some makeup if it is that much of a concern. Just do it!

Use active manuka honey (UMF 10+ or UMF 15+) you will find it in a health food shop

Buy Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque at your local Walgreens or Wal-mart, many other stores carry it. About 20 minutes before you sleep, put it on the spot thickly and leave it on overnight. Do this every night!

CORTISONE INJECTION

Go to a derm. If what you have is a cyst, it is the only way for it to subside within 24 hours

ok I'm in California.....I have no idea where in LA you are, but i have a derm in orange county.

Cole Fulwider, derm In Huntington Beach {north OC, not too far from Long Beach} 714-848-0770...she also has a clinic in Los Alamitos which is east of both LA & Orange counties.

Take an aspirin to reduce inflamation, becareful about irritation, and I'd use an ice cube before heat.

Good luck & congrats!

Get thee to a dermatologist! Either go in NY before you leave or look one up as soon as you get to LA. I'm sure there are LOTS of good derms in LA. It's LA, for christsake!

If you ABSOLUTELY cannot get to one in time, I would advise leaving the thing absolutely alone until early on the morning of your wedding. Then, you can decide whether to lance it or to cover it with makeup. By leaving it alone, it hopefully won't be all dry and scaley when you cover it with makeup, if it comes down to that. Plus, you should not risk making the thing worse by using treatments not previously tested by you on your own face.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but I really think that by "experimenting" you run a much greater risk of something going wrong than by miraculously finding a cyst cure in just three days.

I wish you all the best.