Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GregoryThor

Does it matter if i miss five days of accutane treatment?

Im going to be on winter break and my thirty day supply is going to run out on January 16th. I return January 17th and probably wont have my prescription filled til the 19th im guessing (i take 60mg a day). So is it a problem if i miss 4 or five days of my course or should i just try and see a dermatologist in my hometown (im going home for college for a month)? i asked the pharmacist and he said the course shouldnt be interuppted but im not sure whether he knew that for a fact or not. I read somewhere that all that matters is cumulative dosage and you can miss two weeks and it wont make any difference in the long term as long as your cumulative dose is the same in the end. Thanks for any help.

i missed about 3 days b/c something happened with my prescription plan. it didnt seem to effect me at all. accutane stays in your body about a week so u should be alright.

i missed about 3 days b/c something happened with my prescription plan. it didnt seem to effect me at all. accutane stays in your body about a week so u should be alright.

My derm told me that I can miss up to 10 days without the course being interuptted. This was a concern to me too, because my supply will run out early January, and the doctor's office will be closed at that time for the holidays. So I may have to go a week without the accutane.

I am sure it will be fine.

bnd

My derm told me that I can miss up to 10 days without the course being interuptted. This was a concern to me too, because my supply will run out early January, and the doctor's office will be closed at that time for the holidays. So I may have to go a week without the accutane.

I am sure it will be fine.

bnd

I missed a few days too and everything seemed to be fine, but one person pointed out to me if you can avoid missing a few days that is probably the best option. I mean if you have time while your home why not go get it. Hope everything goes well for you :D

Can't you get more than one month of accutane supply at once? Here (Canada) I got 4 months worth of accutane (2*40mg/day) in one shot without too much trouble.

I think if you say you are going to be travelling they will issue you whatever you need.

doc told me accutane stays in your blood for 2 weeks. It is not good but it won't be very bad.