Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
betty cherry

Betty's Accutane Log with Photos

Hmm, I wish I could do that. I have this weird skin that just does not tan at all. It will burn, then peel and I am white again underneath haha. I used to get spray tans, but I'm worried they are comedogenic. Anyone know anything about this?

hmmm, not sure about that one, i would not have thought about it . my mate always used to get them but she had perfect skin anyway. im lucky i go brown

Hi Betty Cherry,,,

Just read your longggg journalll

Want to congratulate you on your engagement.. :)..

Wow.. that's great.. and good that you finally see some progress on it..

All the best..

Thanks Corrine. If you think mine is long, you should take a look at Miss Tennessee!

DAY 110

I GOT NEW ZITS!!! Wtf???? Why am I getting new zits? Ok, so it is the "time of the month" but still, there is absolutely NO oil in my entire body, so how did it get there?! I don't understand :( I have one quite big one on my cheek and 2 on my neck, just below my jaw.

I guess the fact that I noticed it at all is kind of cool, as it means most of the time, I am 100% clear at the moment. But I am starting to realise that I am quite scarred. I have a fair bit of "pitting" to my face and it's quite upsetting. Plus I still have all the redness of course, which is hard to cover.

So, I guess I will just keep taking the pills and hoping the marks will fade blah blah blah. Is anyone else starting to feel like a broken record?

BC xxx

hey BC

I swear we could be accutane twins - i was doing pretty well but this week i got a cyst on my jawline (i thought they were long gone) and now my right cheek is playing up a little with clogged pores and 2-3 spots forming, argh!

A well, i think 2-3 spots per week is much better than 2-3 per day which i used to get.

I really hope the 5th month shows mega improvement (like laurel)

Yes, i'm getting quite tired of it all and just want it to be over! bring on the summer and great skin?!

Off to get my hair cut - hopefully make me feel abit prettier.

Hope the dress shopping is going well

i'll be reading

Kaz

Thanks for your reply! I get soooo mad about derms saying it's unlikely you'll get a breakout. Every single person on here bar about 2 has had a breakout and I am sure that's why people get depressed when on Roaccutane or Accutane - because their expectations are set too high by the derms and they immediately feel like it's not working if they get one. They should just tell the truth and I'm sure most people would say "OK, I can deal with that as long as I get better in the end" and then they'd be prepared for what's coming. Grrrr. It winds me up proper.

Totally agree with your concern abt this..

My derms also last time told me not to worry about the initial breakout...

End up I have the most horrible initial breakout ever..

But if it get cures in the end I guess it's worth it..

I'll just hang on there I guess..

DAY 118

Hi all! Wow I have been so crap at keeping this up to date recently. I guess because of the lack of change - it's just "waiting for red marks to fade" all the time now. I did go to the derm last friday though, so I will tell you about that!

The derm was really pleased with my progress and said that I really don't have much scarring, which is great news, because I was so sure I was badly scarred. She said it's mainly just redness, which will fade with time. There's nothing I can really do to make it go faster, I jusst have to wait. And the great news is, she thinks I will only need another 4 weeks of this stuff before I can stop taking it! That is fantastic news. I am really looking forward to having moist lips again! It's kind of scary too though, because I know I will get a bit of oil back again and my skin has been so completely dry for so long that I don't know what I will do! I like my skin dry...Obviously I am also scared of the spots coming back. That would suck big time.

She also said that she is leaving and I will have a new derm next time I go and ultimately it will be up to the new derm to decide whether or not I stop. I'm gutted about that, cos I really like and trust my current derm. But I'm sure the new one will be good too...

Did I tell you all about my amazing new makeup? It's Clarins express compact foundation and is one of those powder foundations. It's non-comedogenic (doesn't block pores or aggravate acne), looks totally natural and has great coverage. Yeah, I sound like an advert, but it's made me feel a million times better about myself and I go out with my hair all back all the time now!

Here's some pics of my face without makeup right now for your viewing pleasure!

BettyCherry xxx

post-33150-1144673413_thumb.jpg

post-33150-1144673435_thumb.jpg

wow, you look amazing. your skin is flawless where there are no red marks, once they fade you will not even know you had acne.

im very happy for you.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::D:D:D:D

You look great!!! Haven't you got stunning eyes!!!!! I am soooo pleased for you. Your skin is looking great and no active acne. You'll be 100% flawless in no time. Congrats on your engagement too. You're a real inspiration! :D

Awwww thanks guys! :redface: you're very sweet. I am hoping that once I am off the tane I can go get a very very slight tan, just to bring some healthy glow back to my skin and help the red marks look less prominent. How are you guys getting on??

xxx

wow, very nice !!! i'm on day 138 and still left with redmarks but no more active pimples, those redmarks take a long time to fade but it's better than bumps right :dance:

Hi Corrine,

I went up to 60mg after 2 months and am still on 60mg, but I am quite a big gal - 5'10" and 70kg (155lb), so it had to go up really. Your progress may be slower, but hopefully your side effects will be less and you will have less of the red marks everyone hates so much!

Ancesux - yeah it is much nicer to have smooth skin, even if it doesn't look much better :|

Keep the faith everyone!

obviously the red marks are visible.. but i don't know.. there's something about you that detracts totally from the red marks initially. they're irrelevant to your face overall, and when they fade it'll be like they were never there.

and as i've seen with my girlfriend, make-up does incredible things in the meantime :P

Whoaaaaa your skin look amazing!

If you want a tan, try mystic.. .I heart mystic tan. Didn't break me out, made me look tan but not orange (and I am waaay pale)...

Did you ever see Shrek 2 (the movie)? When donkey drinks the magic potion and goes,

"And now, we're SEXY!!!" (My mom's favorite quote in any movie)

.. .that is what mystic does. :D I love it cause it covers red marks. But it sounds like makeup is doing the trick! Keep it up, you look incredible!

OK, you can all come and live with me and say thinigs like that all day every day and then I won't care that I have red marks any more! Seriosuly though, thank you all so much for your kind words. I was looking for my log on page 5, cos I assumed it would be all the way down there, but no, I got comments! Haha...and the one about hot eyeballs made me giggle. Can one have hot eyeballs? What a strange concept! Hehe...

Anyway, same old same old. Going to Newquay tonight for Easter weekend (the seaside for the Americans who are reading) and I'm a bit concerned about the whole sun thing. I know I am supposed to stay out of the sun, so I will be taking sun block, but I am concerned that this will make me break out! Any tips, peeps?

BC xx

i have read your entire log, and seen your pics. You have done so well sweeti. I just know that u are going to have the most beautiful skin in the world. You inspire me. I have never met as many brave people in this forum in my entire life. We all desserve medals! Keep up the good work sweeti

My hero

OK, you can all come and live with me and say thinigs like that all day every day and then I won't care that I have red marks any more! Seriosuly though, thank you all so much for your kind words. I was looking for my log on page 5, cos I assumed it would be all the way down there, but no, I got comments! Haha...and the one about hot eyeballs made me giggle. Can one have hot eyeballs? What a strange concept! Hehe...

Hahha.. agree..

We have lots of encourager here.. :)

And that really helps all of us to move on..

Hi BC...

Your skin is great.. (Really :))..

A GREAT inspiration... my IB also stays for sooo long.. even until now that I am approaching my 2 months soon..

Anyway, same old same old. Going to Newquay tonight for Easter weekend (the seaside for the Americans who are reading) and I'm a bit concerned about the whole sun thing. I know I am supposed to stay out of the sun, so I will be taking sun block, but I am concerned that this will make me break out! Any tips, peeps?

You can try those non comedogenic sunblock..

It will not create any breakout.

I am using Loreal..

Enjoy your Easter holiday ok :)..

I just looked at your pics and it looks like no pimples to me, red marks aren't even that bad!!! WOW! I am so happy for you. And time will help those red marks fade. You are looking incredible, and your attitude is as well. Hope you have a great day!

DAY 139

Thanks again everyone, you're all fantastic and I am so grateful that you take the time to post in my log :D

Had a fab easter break; didn't go to Newquay in the end, I stayed home and dug myself a vegetable patch instead! I spent a lot of time in the sun and my skin seems to have suffered for it, even though I wore sun block. My arms are incredibly itchy and red and sore and my eyes feel very irritated all the time. I am really looking forward to getting off tane now.

xxx

i hear you on the sun thing. i was out on sat in the sun and my arms were killing when i got in. no face burns though thank god.

so you must still be doing good on the acne front? when you getting off the tane?

Hi BC

Wow.. you are growing your own veggie at home?

Wuihh that must be very healthy and organic.

Too bad I live in a city.. there is no single soil land.. unless I use pot to plant the veggie.. which is not very good as the plant will not grow well.

Gee I am also looking forward of me getting off tane.. but mine is still a longggg journey..

All the best to you..

Take a rest and take care..

Love

Corrine

Corrine - you can grow veggies in pots! They would have to be kind of big, but I am growing potatoes in a big container and some rhubarb. You can grown any veggies in pots, so long as they have enogh room to grow. Give it a try!

Kim - Yeah, things are going pretty good. No actives, red marks continue to fade. According to my derm, I could be off tane after my next appointment, which is in about a week. Fingers crossed!

yeah fingers crossed. i got derm tomorrow and i think its my last lot of tablets, so only 4 weeks to go. but im not clear yet. loads red marks fading slowly on my jaw line, but none very visable on my cheeks anymore. i have not had a pimple that you can pop for at least a month, they are just red and then scab over so its really wierd. i cant wait for this to be over almost as much as i could not wait to start.

hows the wedding planning coming along?